Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 21st Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Autumn is here.

Shower with Proraso white as pre and Korres milk soap face wash.

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth (faux horn handle) with Astra Superior Platinum (#2).

Semogue 1438 with La Toja stick.

Alum, La Toja after shave and Penhaligons Opus 1870 Eau de Toilette.

A very nice and close shave, only that the blade does not seem to get along that well with this particular razor.

This brush (first shave today after break-in lather test last week) is like a little devil - looks like I am slowly becoming a stick/soap convert.

SOTD_25Aug.jpg

Wednesday

Hot shower
Merkur HD
Gillette Thin (NOS) (2)
EJ BBB
TOBS Jermyn St
Boots witch Hazel
Old spice White water

Must of had a relapse this morning, shaving rash all over which is unsightly and itchy so I'm going back to the red personna tomorrow.

Wednesday

EJ Chatsworth
Wilkinson Sword Blade (4)
New Forest 2201
Trumper Coconut soap
Witch Hazel
CHH Tobbacco AS
Nivea ASB

Had to deploy the styptic on a couple of places today - i was right yesterday, i should have binned the blade and used a new one this morning! Oh well.

Wednesday
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Shavemac by Dovo
Brush: Ikon 24 mm chubby silvertip
AS: Ols Spice Musk
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffallo 30/50 Pre: ROMA 45
Result: :D
Nannys soap lasted for 4 1/2 passes (two on head and 2 1/2 on face) and I´d loaded the brush for approx. 30 secs . For the head I used some Gillette blades for the first time, I got them in a package at some time and they´re the best blades ever :shave - the stubble on the head melted away and now it´s genuine Kojak time.
47771d1282731480-themed-sotd-sun-august-22nd-sat-august-28th-snb13237.jpg

Wednesday

Kropp ¾"
Vulfix 2235
C&E Nomad soap
Alum
OS Whitewater

Best straight shave so far, even though it took quite a while! Almost as good as a DE Futur shave certainly better than any of my mild DE razors, just about managed to catch the tricky problem areas on my neck and the left handed stuff is getting more proficient.

Wednesday

1959 Gillette Flair Tip SS
NOS V3, Gillette Super Silver
TBS Brush
Boots Soap
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Pinaud Special Reserve AS

Decide to use a Super Silver today from messers rareup31, the GBE from her are excellent and the SS is no different a nice DFS with the Flair Tip.

TTFN

Tony

Wednesday, 08-25-10.

Returning to the past in my razor's rotation, one year ago.

Soap from Marsella - Omega 21116 - Wilkinson Cassic - Iridium Super #2 - Pre Proraso - Valobra stick in a puck - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Proraso + ASB Sul filo del rasoio.

Afeitado25-08-10001.jpg

Wednesday

White proraso pre/post
NF 2201 + Proraso Soap
EJ mastiff + red IP (4).
Thayers with Lemon
Proraso ASB

A good result - blade needs binning now, 4 shaves is about as much as I can get out of a blade.

Wednesday afternoon.

Hot shower
R89 Razor
Personna red blade
Proraso preshave
Mama bear's Brute soap
Omega 10005 brush
Proraso pre/postshave
Proraso A/S
Body Shop macca root moituriser. :eek:

Im getting the nack of the DE shaving, havnt had any nicks for a while.
I think my face must be getting used to shaving now as its not so sensitive around the neck, the skin must have got soft hidden under a beard for the last few years!
Im just going for good clean shaves at the moment and not trying too hard to get a perfectly smooth shave, Im sure this is when the razor burn would return on the neck! Anyway when the weekend comes round im going for a full on 4 passes and ATG, looking for a perfect smooth job ;)

wednesday
new forest 2100
Merkur 38r
tiger blade
henks dutch moss

First shave with the 38r and seems a good weighty razor which i prefer
Forgot just how good henks stuff is as well,lathered wonderfully and enough for a good 3-4 pass
bloody cracking shave and even getting the rough patches under chin lately thanks to the advice given on here.. ;)

Wednesday evening

Merkur Progress 500
Gillette Super thin(4)
new forest 2201 fido
nannys exotic
alum
alcolado

Nanny's exotic was the only addition to the reliables. Quite a warm spicy smell, not bad at all , works as well as expected nice.
Alcolado numbed my face , great stuff. New job in the morning have to look my best.

Thanks

Damian

* - SHAVING FAIL -*

Gillette Adjustable
William Shave Cream (sensitive)*
Derby Blade (1)
Mennen ASC
ALUM ROCK

Ok I started off with trying to make a lather with the Williams cream, it looked a bit crap, but I thought, must just be different.. :roll:
Did half a pass, and knew this was wrong, so I chucked the stuff that was meant to pass for lather, and made a new batch, this time using TOBS Jermyn Street. (love this one!)
Re-lather my face, start again, cut myself, and again, decide to call it a day while I still have some of my epidermis attached to my face.
Use the Allum profusely all over my face, whack on some Mennen ASC, which I hadn't tried yet. Smelled nice ;)

Now 15min later, my skin feels really dry, like a pulling sensation, not sure if that's the ASC, or the lather, or whatever...

Anyways, so many factor led to this disaster, first the blade (first time with a derby), then the lather, then the ASC...

FB. (not a happy camper!) :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom