Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 1st Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Mitchells Wool Fat SS/New Forest 2201 finest badger/Gillette Rocket with Supermax/Weleda ASB

P1140993.jpg

What a BRILLIANT combination:the New Forest 2201 brush with MWF gave me one of my best shaves ever!

Tuesday

Back to work today and after a few days growth (and itchyness throughout the day) had a shave tonight,

Neck a bit red due to itchyness however

Merkur 34c
Lord Cool blade
Speick cream (last of a tube - can officially open something else now)
No Name Badger Brush
Generic distilled witch hazel
Superdrug forest fresh AS

The Lord Cool blade started off the shave very well and was sharp right through to the end, was most impressed until once I was all cleared up and put on the AS, WOW man I haven't felt a burn like that in ages and all of a sudden all these red marks appear.

Shame, it was a pretty good shave too, back to the Lord pack to see if anything can live up to the Sharks.

Shaved Tue morning but no time to post until now.

T+H ultimate comfort pre shave oil
T+H ultimate comfort cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34c HD with yellow 7 o'clock (3)
Cold rinse, Osma Alum block
T+H 1805 balm

Good shave after a 36 hour break for the face. Smooth 'n' fruity!

Tuesday

British Gillette Rocket HD
Feather
Nanny's Warm Spice cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
RSC Post-Shave Daily Skin-soothing Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Great going back and trying the Warm Spice again after an age of not touching what was left in my sample tube. I love the smell and the extra moisturising effect it has - I'm trying to get Sharon to make some more when she gets the time!

Tuesday Night:

My last shave of annual leave; back to the office tomorrow.

• * Gillette Adjustable (Fatboy)
      • o 1960; date code F4[/list:u]
        * Lord Shark super stainless
        * New Forest 2201
        • o Urban Stealth model
          • + means it had no logo[/list:u][/list:u]
            * Nanny's Lavender soft shaving soap
            * Thayers' Lavender Witch Hazel
            * New Dawn Russian Lavender ASL
            • o well, might be ASL, but it might be EdC/T
              • + I don't read Russian[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

MWF Hand Soap,
Tabac SS Stick,
Merkur 33c / IP(4),
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

My heater in my bathroom decided not to play ball and it was freezing!
I couldn't balance a small hand mirror at the right angle on the kitchen windowsill.
So I didn't feel comfortable, either cold and shakey in the bathroom or awkwardly leaning over the kitchen sink, using the straight.
Ah good old trusty Merkur.

Wednesday - back to work and first shave in 4 days.

Pre - hot Shower
Razor - Gillette Mach 3
Brush - Simpsons 57 2 Band Super
Cream - Coates Tea Tree
AS - Thayers
Colonge - Brut

Super no fuss N - S x 2 pass, DFS no irritation. The Coates stung and burnt on my face and has left me a little red (not uncommon for me) but that'll calm, it also left a lot of soap scum, it'll get another run out at some point before going on the BST.

Hot Shower
Clinique Face Wash
FT Rocket bought from Max
Yellow 7 o clock blade #2
NF2211 brush
T and H almond cream
Alum
BS Macca Root ASB

First outing with the Rocket and was really impressed with this razor as my EJ89L didn't seem to get on with the 7 o clock blade,so something else i have learned is trying different blade and razor combinations.

Wednesday

Gillette Fusion
New Forest 2201 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

3rd shave with the Fusion, and the green strip is almost white. Plenty of life left in the blade, but as cartridge razors go, the Sensor and Mach3 suit me better.

Ian

Wednesday morning:

Hot shower
T+H Trafalgar cream
Merkur 34c HD with yellow 7 o'clock (1)
Cold rinse, osma alum block.
T+H Trafalgar balm plus a splash of matching cologne.

Super smooth. I'm starting to like these yellows a lot.
No pre shave oil this morning, after a week of using it I'm not altogether sure it's needed or wanted... I don't like having to clean the sink of all that oily residue afterwards.

All right, logging in after quite some time, that was a pretty good detox.

9 pages with new threads/posts, but no time for that now...

Today's shave, no picture as the time off the web has proved pretty effective so far:

- EJ89 and SuperMax.
- Nanny's Exotic and Semogue 1438.
- Eveline Musk after shave lotion and Korres after shave moisturizer cream SPF 6.

Not bad but these blades are only for one pass, if I try a second one they turn pretty unforgiving in my face.
Used the Semogue today to load pretty nicely this soft soap. Was really curious to use this soap as initially the smell was leaving me kind of indifferent. Pretty nice lather, no complaints at the end but to be honest not terribly thrilled again (first attempt was a week back using Yushu.) They definitely seem to be very nice and well made products, with pretty clean and healthy ingredients, but still I believe I am in favor of few other brands as top choice. This may change in the future, of course.

Spoke with the office y'day evening, they said it's tons of snow and the cars have difficulty going outside Riga... and here we have +4 to +11 every day... :D

Happy New Year to all anyway, hope you've had great holidays and the year has started with lovely shaves as well...

Wednesday 5th January

Mitchell's Wool Fat - Semogue 830 - Merkur HD - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (3) - Witch hazel

Got a better lather today with the MWF using the Semogue 830 than I have the last few days using a New Forest 2201. Not sure if it's due to the change in brush or the soap having a few consecutive days use behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom