Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 1st Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1937 Sheraton/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (non current version)

I'll get this OC type out of the arsenal from time to time. It's one of the few open combs in my change of pace rotation, the other razor being a 1934 type Aristocrat. Both of those seem to be on the milder side and fit me pretty well. Heh, sometimes I sorta like the feel of that comb thingy on my face, and these two don't wanna act like rabid doggies as some other OC types will do.

This is a strange razor, in that it looks about like a superspeed handle with an open comb head. Seems to weigh about the same, with maybe a little more head weighted balance than a superspeed. Hard for me to say exactly.

A very close and pretty comfortable BBS shave,

Martin

One of the pics has the Sheraton, 1941 Ranger Tech, and an undated 1940s type superspeed. The Sheraton and Ranger look pretty darn close as you can see. No end caps on either and the heads aren't notched like the superspeed.

Attachments

• Sheraton and Ranger and undated superspeed 002.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 90
  • Sheraton and Ranger and undated superspeed 001.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 89
  • Sheraton and Ranger and undated superspeed 004.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 89
Slow Shaving said:
:shock: Nice shot. The Simpson brushes are very photogenics and the razor is very elegant as well.

Thank you! Comming from you means a lot, your pictures are very good and allways well thought through!

Saturday - 1st shave of 2011

1965 Gillette Slim Adjustable (#9)
Feather
Tabac soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
Body Shop Maca Root AS Balm
Tabac AS

Sunday

Merkur 34c HD Classic
Feather
Boots Shaving stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Distilled Witch Hazel
Gillette Series Intense Cooling AS Balm
Floid Blue AS

Sunday
Oliveology shave gel/Merkur Porgress with Supermax/Weleda Balsam
P1140987.jpg

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
Sir Irisch Moos SS Stick,
Simpson Special in Best,
Dovo "Best Quality" 5/8,
Merkur Classic / IP(2),
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
James Bronnley EdT.

Just cheeks, upper lip and neck, again, with the straight! I'm a bit disapointed but prepared to work away at the easy bits and progress at my own, albeit, slow pace! :oops:

Sunday, Mid-to-Late Afternoon:

• * Canadian-made Gillette Tech ribbed-handled
      • o (same as 'fat handle' by the looks/feel)
        o 1932 Patent; Possibly Date Coded X4
        • ¬ Looks very much like the USA system markings for 1952, last quarter[/list:u][/list:u]
          * Lord Super stainless blade
          * Vie Long 13723 (Burnt Caramel-coloured resin-handled) horsehair brush
          * Palmshave Lime shaving cream
          • o South African product - originally for werewolves & onanists?[/list:u]
            * Cucumber Melon Humphreys Witch Hazel
            * Professor Blighty's Grapewood ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

First shave of the new year, even though I didn't really need it :mrgreen:

Razor: Boker Red Injun
Cream: Olivia's Marrakesh
After shave lotion: Olivia's Marrakesh
Strop: Kanayama 50,000
Brush: Bock Slivertip

My ladies were a little under the weather, and I was feeling the Chinese-medicinal feeling of the Marrakesh was just the thing to freshen things up. This is Ray's other razor I need to get back to him... Done on the same glass stone progression as his Torrey - 2K, 4K, gray, 6K gray, 10K, and 30K Glass, then 5 on the canvas and 25 on the leather of the Kanayama 50,000. I usually don't like hollow grounds, but this razor is a keeper!

Attachments

• Image0132a.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 37
Monday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Soap: Simpson Tulip 2 Super
Cream: D R Harris Lavender

Now I'm leaving for town, to get the Glee series 1 DVD box set. Series 2 starts next week!!!

Will have to punch someone in the face really hard while I'm there to stop the Earth spinning off its axis.

Nice shave this afternoon.
Hot shower followed by a hot face soak and proraso pre.
Mama bears bay rum whipped up with NF2201 in a bowl.
Weapon of choice was the 38C with a tiger blade on its second outing.
Cold rinse with alum and so nivea moisturiser to finish.
Very nice result and the Tiger blades are another that seem to suit the Merkur. Come to think of it i don't think i have come across a blade this razor doesn't like. Quality kit.

Monday, 03-01-11. A cheap shave. MUSIC: Supertramp_LP Crisis? What crisis? :mrgreen:

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive oil - Omega Nº 48 Profesional - Schick Krona - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre 3P - La Toja shaving soap - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Aqua Velva + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado03-01-11001-1.jpg

Monday

Kropp 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris Pink Aftershave Lotion

My last straight shave for a while. Shaving with a straight takes too long for me to do in a morning before leaving and going to work, and they're not close enough for me to shave at night and not look like a vagrant come 1300 hours.

Ian

Monday:

Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a/Body Shop Macca Root
Rocket/365 Stainless
Alum
Alt Innsbruck EDC

Today,, was a good one :)
regards, beejay

A few details today. Mug for brush soaking, some lavender soap for a further pre shave rinse after showering.
The ever popular (in the USA) Rooney 3/1 Sivertip - an excellent practical size brush. DR Harris Rose cream and Proraso Balm. I like my rose scented creams.
And Jagger Chatsworth with Red Personna.

1-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom