Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 1st Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday 1st January (New Year's Day)

Proraso - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette Fatboy - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (2) - Stryptic Pencil - Proraso AS - Proraso Post

Quite hungover today. Lazed about most of the day. Decided to take myself off for a shower and shave late this afternoon. I thought Proraso would provide the wake up call that was needed. All was going well until I dug the blade into my neck near the end of the shave, left with a nice 1 cm long vertical cut. Should have just left it.

Saturday January 1st 2011
Creed Green Irish Tweed SS/22mm finest badger brush/Parker 97R with Supermax Super Platinum/Art of Shaving unscented balsam (sample)/Creed Original Vetiver
P1140985.jpg

First shave of the year was a cracker. Hot shower, proraso pre shave, Mama bears bayrum lathered up with the NF2201, HDrocket with 7 0'clock green. All finished off with alum, proraso AS and some nivea Moisturiser. End result was excellent. :D

Muhle R41
Chubby 1
Valobra Almond
TBS 'Face Protector'

Nice start to the shaving year. Think I'll use this set-up for the whole of January. Anybody else caught between a desire for zen-like minimalism and an inability to stop buying stuff that never gets used? :(

AdamSmith said:
Anybody else caught between a desire for zen-like minimalism and an inability to stop buying stuff that never gets used? :(

I used to be somewhere in the middle - now I'm very much on the minimalist side of the fence.

Unless it is causing you undue stress I'd just go with the flow.

Sunday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Soap: Simpson Tulip 2 Super
Soap: D R Harris Lavender

Run, swings, swim, sauna, steam, golf, weights - day of rest? Pah!

Jan 2-11

Gillette Rocket HD
Gillette goal
Sabini Prototype
Nanny's SS Exotic
Alum
Brut Attitude ASL

Played golf on Friday arvo, third game in my life & first for over seven years. I shot 68.............

on the front nine :lol:

Sunday

Kropp 5/8
New Forest 2201
Proraso Cream
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Held the razor slightly differently today. Instead of 2 fingers either side of the scales, I used 3 fingers on the blade side. This felt better. I appeared to have more control over the blade, and it seemed less inclined to skip. This has made me wonder if a less hollow ground razor might fair better.

Result: A bit like a poor DE shave. ATG attempts just STOP the blade completely, and once again, I was in the bathroom for AAAAAGES.

Ian

Ian: that´s how hold my razor too. I think less hollow ground razors prob. are easier to learn on (and a smiley blade with round point).

Sunday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: Red Imp 133
Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
AS: Code
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
I toke my time today and had an extra pass and it payed off :D. I wonder why Simpson didn´t make the Chubby with a slightly longer handle? I do get it, it´s a chubby, but it still would be a chubby if it had +2 cm on the handle. It´s still my favourite brush though :mrgreen:
P1020003677x800.jpg

Sunday 2nd January

Art of Shaving lavender cream - New Forest 2211 - Merkur HD - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (3) - Witch hazel - Speick balm

Decided to use the HD and AoS cream today, both of which I haven't used for awhile. I started off DE shaving with the Merkur about this time last year, it's been a very enjoyable "journey" so far.

Sunday, 01-02-11.

Soap from Aleppo - Omega Nº 48 Profesional - Gillette 1958 TV Super Speed - Shark #2 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - TOBS Avocado shaving cream - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Grey Flannel + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado02-01-11001-1-1.jpg

Hot shower. Trufitt and Hill "Ultimate comfort" Pre shave oil.
T+H hard shave soap.
Jagger black badger.
Merkur 34C HD and 7 o'clock yellow (2).
Osma alum block.

Shave was a bit meh. Not sure why, I think I drifted off somewhere during the second pass and I've been feeling stubble all afternoon.

Sunday Afternoon

GEM Micromatic
GEM Blade (3)
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Palmolive Soap, with a little rosewood soap mixed in
St James Clarysage & Cedarwood Post Shave Cologne

I think I have eventually tamed the micromatic after around two years of playing around with it, the last 3 shaves have yielded excellent results and above all have been irritation and blood free. Mr Guy's youtube video on holding the micromatic has helped a lot.

The Clarysage & Cedarwood is ideal for the cold weather, soothing and viscous, warm and spicy, long lasting. Great at T K Maxx prices.

Sunday, 1.2.11

First shave of 2011

Aura Glow Oil and Hot Towel Prep
Proraso Sapone Da Barba
New Forest 2211 Finest Silvertip
Krusius Bros. KB Extra 67
SRD P1 Strop .. 70 Linen/80 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Proraso Dopobarba

My wife's Dickens Village, "A Christmas Carol Revisited," will be coming down this week, and since it's so much work to set up and take down every year, I decided to milk the backdrop for one last photo..

The KB will be set aside now in favor of another deserving edge, but it and the Proraso products teamed up for an unbeatable shave!

IMG_2866-1-2.jpg

02/1/11

Cold water shave, just tidying the neck up as I'm sporting a beard at the mo.

New forest brush.
Col. Conk amber soap.
Feather portable with a feather.
Body shop Arber aftershave balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom