Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday - New Years Day

Gillette Fusion
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Was in town yesterday and picked up the Fusion. I haven't tried one since the dark days of using shaving gel. That first attempt resulted in me throwing it in the bin after 1 shave, but today's shave was SO easy. Three passes, BBS, doddle.

It's a bit of a backlash against my recent straight razor efforts, I suppose, but I NEEDED to get a close shave, and the straight is simply not achieving that at the moment.

Happy New Year

Ian

Gillette hd 500
feather blade
nannys patchoulia shaving soap
nf 2201 brush
boots asb freshwood
boots freshwood splash
First time useing nannys and a cracking shave.. :shave

@IanM - sometimes the end result is more important than how you get there (like I need to tell a veteran like you that ;) ). It's all very well turning up in a 1930's Bentley . . . but a Matiz will still get you to the same place on time.

Saturday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2
Cream: D R Harris Lavender

Back to the old routine.

Up at 0430 for a quick run, then some Indian Club swinging a bite to eat and then some weights (kettlebells).

Now I'm off to meet family (30 of us - and that's just my brothers and sisters and all of our off-spring) for a pub lunch.

My thoughts exactly, it might be fun using an antique to shave with, but when it counted a cartridge came out, no fussing, no bleeding just a great easy shave.

Hot Shower
Clinique Liquid Face Wash
EJ DE89L
7 oclock yellow#1
NF2211
TandH almond cream
Alum
BS Macca Root ASB

Wasn't overly impressed with the 7 oclock yellows

First day in 2011
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Henk silvertip
Razor: C V Heljestrand + Eterna
Cream: Arko
AS Cologne: Gibbs
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Wow, result! This blade is sharp, prob 5 on a 1-5 scale. After stroping, a hair splits where ever you tap it on the edge :eek: :shock:. I barley feel a difference when going ATG :D. I think I´ve found the most aggresive DE razor on the planet, an old Swedish brand, Eterna. Second time I shaved my head with it and it´s almost like holding the blade (Shark) without a razor :lol:.
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SOTD/P1010003800x572.jpg

King of Shaves face wash.
Simpsons special best badger brush
Edwin Jagger razor with Personna red blade
Nanny's Lavender shaving soap
Nivea ASB
Tabac Man EDT
BBS with no nicks & cuts
Happy New Year !

Happy New Year!

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
Tabac SS Stick,
New Forrest 2201,
Merkur 33c / IP(1),
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

I gave the straight the day off today. Not feeling great this morning. Not what you think!
I'm tee-total now so last night was a quiet affair. I just wanted a quick and easy close shave.

Anyhow a lovely shave and ironically I fell much better now!

Today may be a new year but tomorrow is a new day! :roll:

Happy new year everyone.

Merkur 34C (Bleue Extra[4])
British Tech fat handle (Super Thin sample from missingskin [4]) - ATG pass
EJ Badger (don't know grade) and EJ shave bowl
T&H ultimate cream
Boots witch hazel
WS Hydro balm
Tabac
Imperial leather Talc

A stunning shave, it surely doesn't get better than this, especially with the likes of Einaudi and Mozart playing in the background.

New years day

White proraso pre.post
NF2201
Nannys Ice and Slice with goat milk
Souplex OC + shark chrome (3)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

An excellent shave - smooth and no irritation. 1st time with Souplex and its a good shaver.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old scritchy Rooney
fatboy/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
L'Artisan 'L'eau du Navigateur' EdP (heh, smell like a pirate day)

Yet another new to me fatboy tested this morning. Found this guy recently at some antique store and the razor performed flawlessly. Sometimes I get lucky.

BBS results,

Martin

New year and I felt it time for a vintage open comb in my travel kit to be used for the first shave 2011. Notting Hill soft shaving cream soap was a present from my son. New product at BullGooseshaving. Portman Square is the new house brand and NH is one scent. 5 oz for $12 bucks. Blend of lavender and cedar wood, dense, contains tallow. Similar to Nanny's Herby One. Shogun Blade and Good Will Bowl. Nice shave before my walk; increasing to 5 miles today. Everything is covered with a white frost, everything. That certain snowman must have been by. Cold when you breathe in the air --- Fresh crisp feeling. But the sun is up and it's past 10 AM and it's too damn cold to stand around. TIme to get a move on. R/Robert

Attachments

• Old WW 1 Case and Razor.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 59
New Year's Day , 01-01-11. MUSIC: Chic_LP Selected Hits.

0000468468_182.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Rocket HD 500 - Shark #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Edwin Jagger Sandalwood shaving cream - Astringente Thayers Lemon - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado01-01-11002-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom