Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday rather early

Imperial Shavette with ½ Supermax blade
Omega 81052
Erasmic shavebowl soap
Alum
Home made herby rum ASL

Another good shave, very little blood but still need to perfect the shavette technique.

Friday

Gillette Fusion
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

Just a quick 1-pass to tidy up the bits that I missed with the straight.

Ian

Friday

Hot Shower
Clinique Liquid Face Wash
EJ89
Astra SP#1
NF2211
Nannys Ice and Slice
Alum
BS Kistna ASB

Decided to try the Astra in the EJ89 and had a really enjoyable shave.Just the usual 2 passes WTG XTG.
Will have to buy more of the Kistna ASB as its nearly finished prefer this to the Macca Root balm.

Friday morning

weishi 9306
gillette super thin
new forest 2201
bodyshop macca root cream
bodyshop macca razor repair
alum
mennen skin bracer

Still not sure why I got the weishi , seemed like a good idea at the time. Got a really nice shave off it , did my usual 3 passes .
I fully expected it to be really crap. :roll:

I had a wonderful shave today using Martin de Candre, preceded by some shaving prep soap supplied by one of our soap stars. I'm a bit of a skeptic about pre shave products but for some reason, I had an extra soft skin after my shave today. A few more trials before junping to conclusions, but a very nice shave indeed. Same brush, razor, blade and balm as used recently so something made a difference.

Perhaps the Ashes win had unexpected side effects. I'm looking forward to some unbroken sleep tonight.

Excellent result todays shave was my first with my Merkur 34c

Lathered with TOBS Sandalwood newly bought from Badger & Hone
Brush Cyril R Salter Badger & Bristle also new from B&H
Merkur34c with Gilette blade
AS Ogalla Bat Rum balm

result was excellent, the practice with the Parker I'd been lent has paid off I think, no problems with swaping razor, they are very different though, the Merkur much heavier, but I found it nicer to use :shave

Friday,01-07-11. MUSIC: Johnny Cash_LP Slipcase (2002).

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive oil - Vulfix 2233 boar - Gillette Rocket HD500 - ASCO #2 - Pre 3P - Edwin Jagger Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Pinaud Classic Vanilla + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado07-01-11002-1.jpg

Friday
Acqua Di Parma crema soficce da pennello/shavemac D01/Gillette # 58 with RED IP/Loccitane Cade balsam (sample)/Acqua Borsari Parma La Colonia.
P1160068.jpg

Friday, 1.7.11

Aura Glow and Hot Towel Prep
Cella Shave Soap
Simpson's Colonel in 2 band Super .. The Ehsan
Gabel 36 5/8ths
Bloc Osma Alum block
Lucky Tiger Aspen AS

First time for the alum block, and it's quite revealing to any crispness in the edge... Much moreso that Witch Hazel. I kinda' like it!

An incredible shave!

Friday, 1.7.11

Aura Glow and Hot Towel Prep
Cella Shave Soap
Simpson's Colonel in 2 band Super .. The Ehsan
Gabel 36 5/8ths
Bloc Osma Alum block
Lucky Tiger Aspen AS

First time for the alum block, and it's quite revealing to any crispness in the edge... Much moreso that Witch Hazel. I kinda' like it!

An incredible shave!

IMG_2931-2.jpg

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Coral SF as prep,
Simpson Special in Best,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
GFT Coral SF,
Banana Republic Classic EdT.

SOTDJan7th2011.jpg

Another single pass shave. Not BBS or even DFS but I am starting to feel more confident.

I think you could use a razor like Mikael..;-)..its gold..we all love gold and smooth smooth steel!

Teiste said:
Friday
Acqua Di Parma crema soficce da pennello/shavemac D01/Gillette # 58 with RED IP/Loccitane Cade balsam (sample)/Acqua Borsari Parma La Colonia.
P1160068.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields silvertip
1951 Gillette Black Tip/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (earlier version)

Well, I've had this Black Tip laying around and figured I'd at least try the thing once. Never tried this particular superspeed version, but most models just don't fit me very well. The one I used has the aluminum handle, which is a plus for me because it seems to make the balance a little more head heavy.

The darn thing surprised me and did quite a nice job. Yeah, no problem getting a very good four pass shave, with no discomfort or weepers except for one(my fault totally). The thing even felt good in my hand for some reason. Seemed smoother than what I was expecting, and no problems from a poor fit like I get from most superspeeds. Not a razor with much bite, which suits me fine.

This is a nothing fancy razor that I could use every day if needed. There's not all that many razors I can say that about, and I'll keep this thing for the occasional change of pace collection. Really did surprise me.

BBS results,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom