Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 19th Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeltz said:
Wednesday
Seehund 1015 5/8, Omega 81052, Body Shop Maca Root Cream, Alum, Givenchy Gentleman AS

jahvtl.jpg

Nice one. How did you achieve that effect?

Well its wednesday evening, and wasn't expecting to be posting in this thread for awhile BUT...

The wife got back from town this afternoon and handed me a carrier bag with a few bits in it
W/Sword DE razor with a 5 pack of blades
W/Sword Shaving soap (blue bowl pack)
W/Sword Shaving Brush (can't see what the bristles are but knowing the wife it was the cheapest on the shelf)
Styptic Pencil (she asked a guy in Boots what he thought she would need, he said a first aid kit, 999 on speed dial and this pencil)
She also managed to find a little bowl (Jamie Oliver 20cl food bowl) that I could mix my Lather in.

Well as you can imagine I was a little surprised but said thanks and ran as fast as my crutches would allow up stairs to have a shave - havent shaved for about 5 days so a good bit of stubble that needed getting rid of.

Managed to get a fairly good lather up, but as I haven't anyththing to compare it to, but will improve as I learn I hope.
Nice hot wash and lathered up good then started first pass going down and was well impressed, rinsed and lathered for a second sideways pass even smoother
Normally with the carts I do an upwards pass but noticed a few blothes of blood and was as smooth if not smoother than with the cartridges so thought I would quit whilst ahead.
Anyway cold rinse dib dabbed with the pencil and used the last of some nivea aftershave balm I had in the cupboard for some time ago.

Wife had a feel of my cheecks and was over the moon - she hates shaving rash, it doesnt match her lipstick ;) she said that ny neck under the chin isn't as smooth but this I would say is down to experience and not wanting to push things alittle far.

Anyway she has given me a great little set to start practicing with until the Gillette Tech Blades is sending me arrives (thanks again) and I have some blades to use until a,The mixed pack I have ordered of the net arrive and b,the PIF arrives.

Will go again tomorrow and see how I get on

:0) Alan

^ Good stuff Alan; great start.

• Wednesday Night:
      • * Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues custom shave set
        * Lord Cool super stainless blade
        * Nanny's Deluxe Neroli soft shave soap
        * Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
        * Phyto Expert Ginseng & Eucalyptus ASB
        * Myrsol Formula K ASL[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Sharon's Neroli arrived in quick time, and as usual, performed more than admirably. Luxurious creamy lather from this luxury line product in her shop. Such an abundance of lather that I didn't need to, but I definitely chose to help myself to the 'heart-of-breach' lather - certainly richer than I'll ever be; fact.

Tonight was a step back to a few things I'd left alone for a while..

• Razor: Heljestrand BK 36
    Strop: Neil Miller 3" Basic Bridle strop
    Prep: KoS Shave oil
    Soap: Occitanie Cade
    Brush: Fido Pure
    AS: Aqua Velva[/list:u]

This was just a lovely shave again, just felt perfect, and I do love my BK 36, it's one of those that I'd never part with. (sorry Mikael!)
    Skipped the ASB, and went straight for the AV, wakes you up it does! Just a trial to see if my skin improves with just AS.

No picture, since my camera is crap enough during the day, it's even worse at night. (but I put links in instead!)

Max

Wednesday pm

White proraso pre
Nf2201
Mwf
Ft rocket + shark as (2)
Alum
Thayers superhazel
Proraso asb

Result - very smooth, some neck irritation and a nick/ weeper for the first time in a very long time. An ok shave - I have had much better

Evvaa said:
W/Sword Shaving soap (blue bowl pack)

Of all the stuff she bought you, this maybe the only one you might have an issue with. It gets almost universally panned by wet shavers for it's poor performance. In fact, our very own hunnymonster uses his to lubricate woodscrews.

Otherwise, seems you have made a good start!

Ian

Thursday

Merkur 33G
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Irisch Moos Shave Stick
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Had the Moos for ages, but not used it in a while. Great lather, and the scent has calmed down enough for it not to remind me of toilet cleaner.

Ian

Don´t be sorry Max, I´m happy you´ve got a nice shaver and I told you from day 1 that you should keep it (even though I also want it :lol:)

Thursday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest silvertip knot in old barber handle
Razor: Gotta 120
Soap: MdC
AS/cologne: Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: very, very clean :D
Another extremly smooth and sharp shaver, it was a very effortless shave and thanks to Neils edge and the good quality of steel, this blade cut through like no stubble was in the way :D
008800x583.jpg

Shower
Boots razor and blade
Taylors Eton College creme
Men U brush
One Planet ASB
Black Suede ASL

really good lather produced today, think my technique and prep is improving.
Great Shave, I'm loving it!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom