Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201
Castle Forbes Pre-shave
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Aqua Velva a/s

This started as a straight shave, but it was hurting my still recovering thumb. Turned out good, though.

Ian

Saturday

Razor: Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond (OK, I was going to use Lavender for a while but I can't leave the Almond alone - brand new cake started today)

No aftershave, no cologne.

Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: Dorko
Soap: L´Ocittane Cade
AS: Lacoste
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Mr very, very clean :D
006800x558.jpg

Saturday, 19.Fev.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1993
icon_porc.png
(the barrel-shaped one!)
Martin de Candre
Mühle R89
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

P1030409.jpg

And the rain started falling (again...) while I took the photos...

P1030411.jpg

Lovely little brush. A nice surprise!

Okay first ever post on SOTD, and only 2nd on the Shaving room forum after my introduction.

First shave with a DE razor today:

Got my starter experimental kit yesterday plus already had balm so here goes:
Got up early and watched the Professionals and The Sweeney so great start to the day, two classic programmes before 9am!

Then:

Hot Shower
Boots DE safety Razor
Men U Shave creme
Men U shave Brush
One Planet A S Balm

The creme seemed to lather well, thought it might be thicker when whipped up but as its the first I've tried I have nothing to compare with. Still was enough for two shaves and a touch up

The shave itself went well just a couple of blood spots (sorry if your eating your brekky) and a bit of redness on the neck, but that was in evidence after my mach 3 shave yesterday. Think the nicks were more to me being overconfident after the first shave and then going all catridge monkey with the use of my razor. i.e not slowly and steadily, but whipping it round like a light sabre. So that will take time to adjust. Not a bad shave though.

I love the oneplanet balm, though because I also usually shave my head as well (didnt bother today) I squeezed too much out of the tube and determined to use it walloped it all over my head aswell. Its quite thick initially but I ended up looking like a snowman. Soaks in soon enough though and with the peppermint in it it provides a great cool zing!!! And it don't mean a thing if it aint got that zing.

Anyway lessons learned or things to consider today in additon to the above.

1. Need a shaving bowl- the mug I used inhibited brushwork whippage which may have affected consistency.
2. Might switch to shaving before bed, as any nicks etc have time to heal overnight- also may be soothing before hitting the pillow. Additionally a bad shave in the morning may lead to frustration and set up a bad day if time consuming with facial repair work!

Then had to collect a box that couldnt be delivered yesterday as no one was in.....Superb- my selection of samples and ASL from Connaught that I ordered Thursday afternoon. That means I would have got them yesterday morning less than 24 hours after ordering, great service!

Had to have a dab of eton college to test it out even though I'm not doing anything today, nice fresh scent, keep catching a whiff of it.

Anyway sorry for the long post!!
Have a good Saturday all.

Saturday

EJ DE 89
Asco Orange #3
Omega 81052
Wars Cream
Alum
OS Whitewater AS

Had an earlier start than usual so thought I'd try a Vinny style 1 pass ATG. It was pretty close in parts not so in others, a slight amount of irritation initially but nothing much by this evening I will look like I need another shave though.

Saturday

Merkur 34C
Shark SS
No Name Badger brush
Arko Stick
Generic distilled witch hazel
Bleu de Chanel AS

Other than an over zealous touch up pass causing a little redness, nothing to report.

Jack - what blade did you use? If you have not got one already, get a sample pack from connaught. plenty of info on here about blades as well. Nip to the supermarket and get a palmolive shave stick (49p) or a tube of the cream. ( about £1.50?). I have used the Menu Creme before and its ok, but this palmolive stuff is cheap and very effective. its the best 49p you will spend!! As I am sure everyone will tell you - try to stick to the same set up for a week at least, same blade/razor/ cream until your technique improves. Then have your credit card on standby. :D Hope that helps.

Morning Jase

I just used the blade that came with the razor so I imagine they are nothing out of the ordinary.

Will look at the sample pack you mention.

Is the palmolive stick in place of the shaving cream or an addition (i.e pre shave or for nicks afterwards?)

Thanks for the advice much appreciated.

blade is probably a personna IP?

Anyway, palmolive shave stick - this is a soap, wet the end, rub over your wet face, then face lather with a brush. Alternatively, most people mould/grate the stick into a bowl and use the soap that way. Check out mantics videos on youtube if you havent already.

Jack Force said:
Okay first ever post on SOTD, and only 2nd on the Shaving room forum after my introduction.

First shave with a DE razor today:

Got my starter experimental kit yesterday plus already had balm so here goes:
Got up early and watched the Professionals and The Sweeney so great start to the day, two classic programmes before 9am!

Then:

Hot Shower
Boots DE safety Razor
Men U Shave creme
Men U shave Brush
One Planet A S Balm

The creme seemed to lather well, thought it might be thicker when whipped up but as its the first I've tried I have nothing to compare with. Still was enough for two shaves and a touch up

The shave itself went well just a couple of blood spots (sorry if your eating your brekky) and a bit of redness on the neck, but that was in evidence after my mach 3 shave yesterday. Think the nicks were more to me being overconfident after the first shave and then going all catridge monkey with the use of my razor. i.e not slowly and steadily, but whipping it round like a light sabre. So that will take time to adjust. Not a bad shave though.

I love the oneplanet balm, though because I also usually shave my head as well (didnt bother today) I squeezed too much out of the tube and determined to use it walloped it all over my head aswell. Its quite thick initially but I ended up looking like a snowman. Soaks in soon enough though and with the peppermint in it it provides a great cool zing!!! And it don't mean a thing if it aint got that zing.

Anyway lessons learned or things to consider today in additon to the above.

1. Need a shaving bowl- the mug I used inhibited brushwork whippage which may have affected consistency.
2. Might switch to shaving before bed, as any nicks etc have time to heal overnight- also may be soothing before hitting the pillow. Additionally a bad shave in the morning may lead to frustration and set up a bad day if time consuming with facial repair work!

Then had to collect a box that couldnt be delivered yesterday as no one was in.....Superb- my selection of samples and ASL from Connaught that I ordered Thursday afternoon. That means I would have got them yesterday morning less than 24 hours after ordering, great service!

Had to have a dab of eton college to test it out even though I'm not doing anything today, nice fresh scent, keep catching a whiff of it.

Anyway sorry for the long post!!
Have a good Saturday all.

Use an alum block after rinsing your face and that will sort out the nicks.

Saturday

Razor: HD Rocket
Blade: Shark (2)
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 Best
Cream: TOBS St James
Post: Alum followed by No7 balm and a splash of TOBS bay rum

Overall a lovely shave. BBS for sure. Sharks are also impressive. And I totally love the HD Rocket. One I will always have in my rotation.

Morning Jack. Nice 1st SOTD.

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
GFT Limes SC,
New Forest 2203,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDFeb19th2011-1.jpg

Another shave I wasn't too happy with at the time but now it seems ok? :?

I D.E. shave on a Sunday and I think that spoils me! (I mean in the good way!! :lol: )
Don't know whether to give the straight a few days off or to not use the D.E. tomorrow?

Ah tomorrows a new day.

Saturday

//S O C Badger//Muhle R89+7 O Clock Black//Sunburyboy's Lime Shave Soap//TOBS Victorian Lime A/S//Art Of Shaving Lemon Balm//

IMG_0703 by Madhighlander99, on Flickr

A great head and face shave using steve's new shave soap...A nice lime scent and it produced a nice thick,slick and protective lather.
Well done on making a great shave soap. :D

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom