Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Still sore from yesterdays poor shave but have to carry on regardless

Gillette Guard
Simpsons Colonal 2 band
Arko soap
Thayers witch Hazel

Mild razor which I needed for the soreness but 3 passes easily done.

Wednesday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Astor LE
Razor: The Three Crosses
Soap: MdC
AS: Ogallala Lime and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
W O W ! ! This is one nice razor, I´m flabergasted. It´s such a delicate blade (the singing/sound when stropping is like nothing else) and it´s very flexible, this is my best razor, period. + I got a present yesterday :eek: :D, a MdC soap, this´s also a big WOW, very nice soap and I can see the hype (it lives up to it) - thank you N!.
004800x624.jpg

Wednesday:
Merkur 15C open comb, Dorco blade
Cyril R. Salter Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Soap in bowl face lather
Pashana bay Rum (The odour lasts for ages) :shave

Wednesday 23rd February

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Vintage Culmak Restore TGN 18mm Best - Gillette Fatboy - Sputnik (2) - Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent - Speick AS

This little brush is a lathering demon, the perfect brush for a quick morning shave. The hairs felt a little prickly at first but not so much now after a dozen or so uses.

I thought it prudent to give the Sputnik blade a second shave to see if it was any better. It was much smoother than the first shave, in fact it felt like a completely different blade. So it seems like it's a blade that could benefit from being corked or palm stropped before the first shave. I'm not sure I can be bothered with that for an everyday blade, so I'll probably just use up the ones I have and stick with blades that are smooth from the first shave.

Also, the MdC is exceptional for me. After using this for a fortnight my skin looks noticeably better than before.

All in all, a very nice shave. :)

Hot Shower
Men U Creme
Men U Brush
Boots Razor
Boots Blade
One Planet ASB
TOBS St James ASL

Head and Face shave and the best one so far! Really enjoyable....

Will top up on some creams and balms this weekend and am considering purchasing an upgrade in razor so will be looking for advice from you guys. Nothing too expensive but a step up from the boots one.

Have a good day all.

Wednesday

Merkur 33G
Shark Super Chrome
New Forest 2201 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Received the 33G yesterday (cheers Max) and used it this morning. Very nice indeed.

Ian

Wednesday:

1965 Slim Adjustable
Tiger blade
Palmolive soap + Erasmic cream
Muhle travel brush
Bulldog post shave balm

I decided to crank up the Slim to a 7 today (I've generally been using it on 4 or 5). 3 passes and a smooth, comfortable shave :)

Jos

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields silvertip
1934 type Aristocrat/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Storer 'Monk' EdP

Got out the old Aristocrat this morning........my favorite OC type. Not too aggressive and feels good in my hand. Kinda purty too.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday

iKon Deluxe Bulldog OC
Indy Wilkinson Sword
Shave Secret oil for shaving
Cool Wave after shave

I really like the convenience of not using shave cream and a brush especially for travelling. But no way am I giving up using lather. I used only 4 drops to get 3 passes. Very smooth and close.

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes as prep,
Palmolive SS/RS Co. SC,
Simpson Colonel,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDFeb23rd2011.jpg

I superlathered the Palmolive with the Real Shaving Co. SC and very nice it was too.
Would normally use MWF and Musgo Real together but I felt a need to use the Palmolive again to work away at the lumpy surface in the bowl!! :roll:

Wednesday (Third shave with DE razor):

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Derby blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Taylor of Old Bond St Shaving Cream (Avocado)
Proraso Shave Cut Healing Gel (just a wee bit for first shave).
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Geo F Trumper Coral Shaving Skin Food

I think I am starting to relax into the DE shaving way, my wrist was more locked in this shave and by chance I was listening to music that made me go to auto pilot while shaving, meaning much more relaxed and one lovely shave.

Just a couple of weepers, I have some small skin growths on my neck that always suffer in a shave but less so this time. Even managed to avoid the old scar on my lower part of chin. The proraso healing gel sorted those out.

I think what nailed it for me was the fact the sound of the razor cutting the hair was right and I got the angle more on key to what it should be.

A little variation of the theme was including witch hazel in the post shave before washing off with cool water before the coral skin food.

There was just a little irritation and thats helping me working out where to improve.

Overall I must admit that I am honestly starting to enjoy a morning shave. :shave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom