Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 19th Feb 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
2/21/2011

AS: ClubMan Lilac Vegitol
Razor: 1964-Gillette Adjustable
Blade: Personna Redpack (round 3..now in the bin)
Cup: Old green large coffee mug
Brush: Country Uncles 24mm Badger Brush

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 87
Monday 21st February (evening)

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Simpson Chubby 1 Best - Gillette Fatboy - Sputnik Teflon (1) - Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent

First try with this blade and probably the last. Simply not sharp enough for me, they felt very rough. It feels like I haven't even shaved.

Monday

Merkur Futur (#6)
Feather
Nanny's Ice & A Slice cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Lloyds Chemist Witch Hazel
Boots Essentials AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Monday, 02-21-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre GFT Skin Food sandalwood - The Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB GFT Skin Food sandalwood + ASL Spark.

Afeitado21-02-11-1.jpg

Boots razor
Men u brush
Connaughts peppermint creme
One planet asb

Experimenting with a late night head and face shave to see how it lasts thu the day tomorrow. Usually a morning shaver.
Overall a good one. The peppermint cream was invigorating and was emphasised by the balm after. Will dab asl on in the morning post shower.

Tuesday

'40s Superspeed & Wilkinson Sword UK > Rooney 1/2 Super & Kolynos regular > Mennen Skin Bracer > L'Erbolario Fern after shave balm

Show more

- I hadn't shaved on consecutive days (24hrs interval) for years, never wanted to as well (how can someone have such a desire when using canned gels or when having constant irritation due to bad technique?) This am I thought I should give it a try. Very nice and refreshing feeling to start your day with a shave, clean and fresh. :D

- I'm finding it hard to get to know this Rooney well. Don't know why. May be I'll contact Fido, who got the same in black handle from factormax, just like I did. The brush has been shedding heavily from the very first day, must have lost at least 25 hairs in less than a week. This is no issue for me, it's a very nice brush and came at a fantastic price, but what bothers me is that I probably do not know how to utilize properly this large knot.

- The Kolynos is a cheap Greek shave cream, retails for around a quid and offers descent fresh and unique smell that reminds me of home. Nothing extraordinary, though. Its texture reminds me of Ingrams.

- The Skin Bracer did a splendid job, the best performer of all today. The L'Erbolario balm is pretty good and to my liking, leaves my skin very soft after the shave (few balms do this for me).

Tuesday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01
Razor: Nesbitt´s, handforged in Sheffield
Soap: Nannys The Spicy one
AS: Mennen (cheers Konstantinos, good stuff :D)
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
Since I got my new SWK scuttle I´ve been having warm lather :shave, but I rembered today that Nannys soaps doesn´t like it to hot and it worked out very fine and this new formula is really nice (as is the old, for me they´re the top ranking soaps). Neils strops are so nice aswell, this cardovan one I´ve got is da tits, all the way and it only gets better and better! :D
005800x600-1.jpg

Tuesday

'66 Gillette Superspeed
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

Ian

Tuesday

L'Occitane Lavender Hand Soap
Ranger Tech & Astra(1)
ToBS Lavender Cr & 2B Col
Alum
Nivea ASB
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Harsh, very harsh :oops: Either it was a bad blade or the razor is just a teeny weeny bit on the aggressive side. No blood - but it was close, I had been thinking my Alum of late was broken, I can confirm it is indeed still working - ZING!! :|

Tuesday:

T+H luxury hard soap
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur HD, Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
Cold rinse, alum
Ogalalla bay rum, limes and peppercorns

After a rough-ish result with a Lord yesterday (oo-er!) it's back to one of my better blades. Good shave today, but some carelessness on the last pass gave me a little nick in the moustache area. Alum did the trick, no worries. Clean and fresh.

Tuesday

Gillette Ball End Tech, English
Lord SC (3)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Arko Soap

Old Spice (USA) AS
Nivea ASB

Three pass, face lathered - and fabulous lather it was too.

Much better shave than yesterday. Arko soap should be in everyone's rotation somewhere, Newbies please do take note; it has such a cleansing effect, personally I can't fault it though some may baulk at the scent.

The Blue Stratos, from my Dads' stash, went down the plug last night; grim stuff !!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom