Shave:
'63 Slim adjustable
Crystal Platinum (1)
RSC cream, bowl-lathered
Kent BK2

Nivea Sensitive A/S balm

3 passes: WTG, XTG, ATG plus touch-ups.

Result: Almost a DFS.

After a smooth, comfortable 2 passes (first pass on 5, second on 4). I decided to try gently ATG on 2. I'd already got a couple of annoying weepers on my chin, but going ATG, fortunately, didn't cause any more and very little irritation, either. I then continued on 2 for a touch-up in my usual areas under the jawline - J-hooking on one side, buffing on the other. I think I put on too much of the thick lather from the centre of the brush, though, because the blade seemed to ride over a layer of lather and barely touched the whiskers that were left from my reduction passes. Also, I was annoyed at having missed a patch above the jawline where the cheek meets the lower lip. I think it was in a gap between my cheek strokes and lower lip strokes. Must pay more attention in future - XTG in both directions or a more thorough ATG would have sorted it.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Simpson badger
Kirby/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Dior 'Eau Sauvage' EdT

Time to put the Kirby back in the arsenal for a while. Three very nice shaves, and now on to something different.

BBS results,

Martin

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
Palmolive SS,
New Forrest 2203,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDFeb22nd2011.jpg

I bought a couple of extra Palmolive sticks and grated them into an old Kent bowl. No lid and it looks a bit lumpy but boy does it lather!! :D

And to top it all off.......A really nice shave today. :cool:

Tuesday:

Only second shave with DE razor.

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Derby blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Indian Sandalwood)
Proraso Shave Cut Healing Gel (less needed today).
Geo F Trumper Coral Shaving Skin Food

Much better second shave, guess I was much less nervous this time, the change of cream has made the world of difference to me, much better lather for me, but I still need to work on it, the first pass was great but the second just a little dry, need to work a little on getting the right water/cream ratio down.

Neck has been so less sore than using the modern razors and went less pressure on my neck, i.e. weight of ravor and flatterned my skin out better arround my neck. I did nick my neck and I knew instantly I had the angle wrong but it was a little nick and soon sorted.

Very happy fellow and the wife loves the scent. ;)

Gillette pre-shave face wash.

Monsavon bol a raser, which is fast becoming a favourite of mine.
New forest 2201

RocketHD with Wilkinson sword

Witch hazel
Euro aqua velva
Prada infusion d'homme

Tuesday, very harsh painful shave

KOS Azor sensitive with sensitive blade
Palmolive soap
Ever ready 150 restore
Thayers witch Hazel

Very harsh

Tuesday:

Merkur slant
Feather blade
Palmolive soap + Erasmic cream
Bulldog post shave balm

Tried something new today - I've mostly been face lathering with Palmolive shave soap recently, but decided to add a dab of Erasmic cream to the brush as well for this morning's shave. Result: super creamy lather and super smooth shave ;)

Jos

Mikael said:
Tuesday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01
Razor: Nesbitt´s, handforged in Sheffield
Soap: Nannys The Spicy one
AS: Mennen (cheers Konstantinos, good stuff :D)
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
Since I got my new SWK scuttle I´ve been having warm lather :shave, but I rembered today that Nannys soaps doesn´t like it to hot and it worked out very fine and this new formula is really nice (as is the old, for me they´re the top ranking soaps). Neils strops are so nice aswell, this cardovan one I´ve got is da tits, all the way and it only gets better and better! :D
005800x600-1.jpg

I love checking out SOTD to see what razor Mikel has used. You must have some collection, all things of beauty

Tuesday

1948 - 1950 Gillette Aristocrat
Feather
Palmolive soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock Alum stick
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating Post-shave balm
Cella cologne

Tuesday, 02-22-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Edwin Jagger DE89L + Mhüle open comb - Gillette Platinum #2 - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving sopa - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefittt & Hill + AsL Clubman Pinaud Vanilla.

Afeitado22-02-11-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom