Thursday

Pre - hot shower
Brush - NF2221
Soap - Castle Forbes Lavender cream
Razor - Mergress
Blade - 7 o'clock yellow
AS - Thayer medicated superhazel
ASB - The Village barber

First use of the Castle Forbes. Simply wonderful. You really do only need a tiny amount then just keep adding water as you lather until the right consistency is reached. This will last a long time thankfully!

Likewise first use of The Village Barber ASB. This was a sample I got ages ago from Badger and Hone that I put to the back of the stash as I wasn't using balms at that time. It works very well and again a pea sized amount is all that's needed. It smells amazingly like our own Henks Dutch Moss shaving cream so I may keep it to use with that.

Wednesday, 02-23-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Edwin Jagger DE89L + Mhüle open comb - Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge #1 - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Fluid aftershave Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum + ASL handmade Garrapatero's Spicy Bay Rum.

Afeitado23-02-11-1.jpg

Thursday, 02-24-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Edwin Jagger DE89L + Mhüle open comb - Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge #1 - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd + ASL Clubman Pinaud.

Afeitado24-02-11002-1-1.jpg

OK, first shave with the counterfeit Iridium in a D1 Toggle using GFT Violet Cream sample first time; Polish Pottery bowl bought for this occasion.

The New Forst 2221 was so wonderful and soft that I had to use it again. Excellent brush to use with cream. All the Best!
Robert

Attachments

• TSR SOTD 24 Feb 11.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 31
Friday

34C & Wilkinson > Dr. Henk's Dutch Moss & Rooney 1/2 in Super > Provence Sante Tea Tree after shave tonic > Dr. Henk's Dutch Moss balm > Christian Dior Intense Eau de Parfum

Show more

- Very good once again. Shaving every day all this week, I would have not even thought about something like this few months or years back. With the correct technique and prep, a fine shave is achieved - no irritation, no red neck.
- Dr. Henk's soap is particularly moisturizing, however upon applying the balm today the Dutch Moss scent felt a bit off. I would like to believe this may be because of the Tea Tree after shave I used before applying the balm. I've had this balm for just about 6 months now, and I've been keeping it in the fridge for best preservation (along with all my balms) so I don't think it has gone bad. True though that one needs to be careful with balms, as reportedly the water/cream mixture does not usually allow these products to have a good life of more than 2 years on average (or something more than 6 months on average if an artisan balm).
- Getting better with the Rooney, however this is not a relationship for which a great future is anticipated (taking into account what's expected in the mail). :eek:

Friday Day off with my youngest

Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Simpson Duke 2 Best
D R Harris Lavender soap
Knize Ten gentleman's toilet water (thanks Andy!)

Friday 25th February

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Semogue SOC Badger (on loan) - Gillette Toggle - Shark Super Stainless (1) - Agua Lavanda Puig

Second go with this brush. The handle shape makes it very comfortable to hold, it's got a nice backbone and soft tips but with a bit of scrub to it. First time I've used the Toggle, it shaves very nicely. The Agua Lavanda also worked well, I wasn't sure that I'd get on with it as it's essentially alcohol with no added goodies but so far so good.

Boots razor and blade
Men u brush
Nanny citrus zinger soap
One planet balm
Allure sport edt

First time using a soap so took me longer to whip up a lather but technique should get better. Nice and refreshing.

Have been on learning curve regarding technique for lathering and shaving this week. Now need to concentrate on razor maintenance to keep rust away. Will scour forum before scouring razor :eek: :eek:

Update: good few hours later, can still catch a whiff of the zinger---- great stuff

Friday

Futur set on 3
Supermax Blade
Omega 81052
Blighty Black & White cream
Alum
Tabac ASL

A 1st outing with one of the Prof's creams, I made it a tadd too wet today, I face lathered today, next time I'll bowl lather that way I can get the ratios right more easily. Its a nice cream to use the scent is warm and sweet, I'd say there was a hefty dose of vanilla in there and it made a nice contrast with the Tabac. The shave was a quick 2 pass somewhere between SAS and DFS.

Friday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2, 26 mm super/silvertip two band
Razor: Warranted
Soap: Professor Blightly´s Grapewood
AS: Professor Blightly´s Grapewood
Strops Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Wow, Neil has done a superb restoration of this razor. 200 years old and looks like new :D and the scales are out of this world, well done Neil!! A bit unfair to shave with this one after two days with super preminum razors (3 crosses and Gotta 120), but it holds it´s on right. Fidos new brush is a delight to use aswell, I actually kept on painting with the brush after I had enough lather, very soft and nice bristels! The handle is top notch work and hand turned in England this time. It´s a wider handle than on the Cubby 2 (very close to the width of the Chubby 3) and that works better for me. Everything with this shave was A +, pro B:s soft wear was stellar aswell. Even the Derby blade, for the head shave, was top notch after some hand stropping :mrgreen:
001800x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom