Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 15th Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Naniwa 8K Snow white in the mail with a bunch of other goodies from Japan last week :mrgreen: :)

I took one of my favorite razors - Wostenholm Pipe which was my first (and only) restore with Olive wood scales (by Gabor) and "dumbed it down" from 30K. Initial review is a smooth shaver off the 8K (but you could probably hone the Wostie on a brick and it would shave nice!). This has a nice place between the 5K and 10K Chosera. It's a hard stone like the choseras, but with polishing properties of the Supers. The edge was not as keen as the 30K, but it was a nice shave, indeed.

The weather is nice and cold (for Taiwan - 13*C) and Olivia's Sandalwood was the perfect nutty, woody, warm scent for the weather. I was in Frangelico heaven afterward :hungrig

Razor: Wostenholms & Son Pipe Razor
Cream: Olivia's Sandalwood
After Shave lotion: Olivia's Sandalwood
Brush: Penworks
Strop: Tony Miller Latigo followed by Tony Miller Horse

Attachments

• Image0149a.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 26
Tuesday 18th January

Proraso Pre - Art of Shaving Lavender Cream - Simpson Wee Scot - Gillette Fatboy - Gillette Bleue (1) - Aqua Velva AS

Decided to just go for one pass and a touch up this morning. Only really had enough lather for that. :( Need to figure out how to use this brush a bit better.

Tuesday morning

T+H ultimate comfort pre oil
Body Shop maca root cream
Merkur 34C HD, Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (3)
Ogalalla Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorns

Lashings of Bay Rum means I will smell like Dale Wintons window box all day.

Like Moodymick I've been splashing around the bay rum, I'd describe my smell as closer to Graham Norton's drinks cabinet though. Is nice, I like.

Not too shabby, but I can't take a 7 o'clock to day three any longer, it just feels slightly draggy. No matter. I'll be happy enough to change every other day.

Tuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo
Razor: Joseph Rodgers
Soap and AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
P1170001800x608.jpg

Tuesday

Hot Shower
EJ 89L
Superthin#2
NF2211
Nannys Ice and Slice
BS Maca Root ASB

Really liking the Superthin blades whether it be in the EJ or the slim
Nice shave again today

Tuesday, 01-18-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - The Golden Nib UK Super Badger - Merkur 11C - 7 O'clock yellow #1 - Pre Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Institut de Karité shaving soap - Alum block - ASL Floïd Suave + ASB Institut de Karité.

Afeitado18-01-11005-1.jpg

MWF Hand Soap,
Musgo Real SC,
Simpson Special in Best,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDJan18th2011.jpg

Took it to the next level! :shock:
A 2nd pass.....XTG. :)

I don't want to be braggin....but ......thats a smooth shave. :cool:

Tuesday:
Hot shower
Pacific shave oil
DR Harris Almond soap
Rooney Heritage Stubby 2
Cobra Classic razor
Feather Pro blade
Razorock alum
Nivea balm
Today was a BBS!!!! The new brush felt like a million bucks (as if I knew)!

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom