Not open for further replies.
Monday

Merkur 38c
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

Went for it this morning. WTG, XTG, ATG. Face like a snooker ball.

Ian

Sunday 16th January (late)

La Toja Soap Stick - Simpson Wee Scot - Wilkinson Sticky - Feather (2) - Speick AS

First time out with the Wee Scot, not bad, a touch small to be convenient though I think. Will have to give it a few goes to decide whether to keep it.

Monday morning
Pre: Hot shower
AS: TOBS
Soap: Nannys, Ice and a Slice
Brush: Chris custom, two band
Razor: Mappin & Webb
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
P1170005732x800.jpg

Good morning,

Monday:

Feather and Futur
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Omega boar
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Boss Bottled cologne

A fresh blade.
1st WTG pass on 5, then an XTG pass on 1.
I think that's the adjustment from a month of carts complete. A nice smooth shave.

Thanks

Monday morning

Hot shower
T+H pre oil
Body Shop maca root cream, Edwin Jagger pure badger
Merkur HD, Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
Cold rinse, alum
C+E west indian limes cologne

Back to the short handled HD. Nice standard comfortable shave.
The Crabtree and Evelyn Limes was a new aquisition on Sunday, my that's a clean smelling cologne. I'm smelling rather beautiful this morning, Saint Peter preached the epistles to the apostles smelling like this. :lol:

Lathered up in an old teracotta tapas dish for fear of breaking my porcelain bowl. Ended up with twice as much lather, so the porcelain is retired to display use only... terracotta seems almost custom made for building lather.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Ever Ready butterscotch badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Ungaro2 Pour Homme EdT

Nice change of pace using the Feather blade instead of the Iridium. The fatboy's one of the very few razors to tame that blade and turn it into something wonderful.

The Ungaro2 is an interesting fragrance, made only a short time back in the early 1990s. This juice has a healthy dose of civet, and it kinda meowed to me this morning......heh.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Ungaro.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 53
MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Rose SC,
Simpson Colonel,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
GFT Coral SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDJan17th2011.jpg

Still only doing one pass, WTG.

What has really surprised me, as a right hander, is how much quicker the left hand learns something! I suppose it doesn't have to unlearn anything and is,so to speak, starting with a clean slate.

I haven't posted on here for a while, as my shave has become rather formulaic. I sold my other two razors and most of my blades and now exclusively use my Feather AS with Feather blades. The other constant is my New Forest 2201 brush.

So the variables are creams (Acca Kappa 1869, Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort, Body Shop Maca Root) or Palmolive soap, ASB's (Pecksniffs Citrus, Acca Kappa 1869, Body Shop Maca Root or something with a very long name by L'Oreal because I'm worth it, and a choice of too many colognes, although my favourites are Pecksniffs Citrus, Acca Kappa 1869, Ferrari Red or Boticaria de Havana.

So today it was:

Palmolive soap
L'Oreal ASB
Pecksniffs Citrus cologne.

Keep it simple.

Regards

Ian

Monday, 01-17-11. MUSIC: Joan Manue Serrat_LP Paloma.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Polsilver #3 - Pre Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Proraso sensitive skin shaving soap - Alum block - ASL Pinaud Clubman + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado17-01-11002.jpg

Monday

White proraso pre/post
NF silvertip
MWF
Muhle R41 + Red IP (2)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

an ok shave. think I was a bit rushed. not smooth in places I normally am.
Didnt want to burn my chicken in the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom