GFT limes skinfood prep
Aristocrat #16
Gillette super thin
NF2201
Everest shave cream
alum
Everest asb
ogallala bayrum peppercorns&lime

Everest cream a little hint of menthol works really well and balm compliments it.Cheap as chips from Britva.
A very nice shave.

Saturday, 01-15-11. MUSIC: The Who_LP Quadrophenia.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - GEM Junior SE - GEM #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream - Alum block - ASL Pour un Homme de Caron + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado15-01-11002-1.jpg

All this week, I will be shaving with;

Gillette Fusion Proglide*
Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
D R Harris Lavender shaving soap
Taylor of Old Bond St #74 Original aftershave

*I've noticed the adverts for the Gillette Fusion Proglide have started (Sky Sports today) which means it should be available here very soon.

I'm not sure of the order that I'm supposed to list my stuff in, but here goes...

Merkur HD
Crystal Platinum blade (at the end of its useful life) from a Connaught sample pack
Steve Woodhead shaving bowl which came this morning
TOBS sandalwood tube cream
TOBS synthetic brush (I don't like the idea of using a badger brush as a bit of a softie animal lover - sorry!)
Boots witch hazel applied with cotton pad
Styptic pencil which I needed to use for the first time in a while
Nivea balm

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG from t'other side, plus tidy-up.

I'm afraid I mucked this shave up a bit. Firstly, the blade seemed to be getting dull (I think it was its fourth shave), and I could feel tugging which I didn't on the first three occasions I used it. Secondly, and mainly, as I was working the lather in the bowl, I tipped it too much and some water from the basin got in. Being stubborn, I worked it in rather than wash it out and start again; this lead to the lather being a bit thin and weak, and, when that happens, I always find the blade sticking to my skin and juddering. Thirdly, I think I was a bit quick finishing my shave prep. I normally apply a thin coat of lather and then hold a hot, damp flannel across my face and neck for about 2-3 minutes before rinsing it off, but I think I took the flannel away from my face a bit too soon.

Anyway, the result of all of this was some irritation in my usual area (under the jawbone on the left-hand side) where I always have to go back over again with a slow and clumsy attempt at a J-hook, plus a weeper on my cheek which annoyed me.

Steve asked me to tell you how much I enjoyed using my new bowl, so I shall! :D (No connection to him other than as a new and satisfied customer) I'd only used two other lather vessels before; firstly, I bought a cheap rice bowl but then found that it was too thin to sit in a basin of hot water without bobbing around and capsizing. I then switched to a ramekin which was heavier, but too small even for my small-ish brush to really get a good whipping action going, plus, being white, it was hard to see how the lather was progressing. After using those, and starting to face-lather because of their inadequacies, this bowl was a revelation! It was roomy, the ridges helped break-up the cream and start the lather, the handle was comfy to hold, and the colour meant that I could, for the first time, actually watch the lather build and the bubbles dissipate. :cool:

Good evening,

Saturday:

Feather and Futur
Tabac shaving soap
Omega 81230 boar brush
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo EDT

Tried to squeeze a fourth shave from this blade. Big mistake. The 1st pass set on 6 felt prickly. The 2nd pass set on 1 was just sore.
As if I didn't know it already, but the Proraso splash finished off this rough shave with a squeal inducing sting.

Todays lesson: BIN THE BLADE AFTER 3 SHAVES!

Hello all!
Today I used:

Gem Micromatic Bullit-Tip wth magic-eye
Gem SS blade
Chubby 1 Best
Cella red tub
Alum block
Proraso balm
I have been hearing about how mild the bullet tip was and was very much surprised to find it gave me one of the best shaves ever! Maybe a combination of things, but it still worked.

Fred

Saturday
Acca Kappa 1869 SC/Merkur HD with RED IP/22mm finest badger brush/Art of shaving unscented balm (sample)/Acqua Classica Borsari Parma La Colonia

Attachments

• P1160209.JPG
    359 bytes · Views: 82
Saturday night:

Hot shower, hot towel
T+H Ultimate Comfort pre oil
T+H luxury hard soap
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 23C, Gillette superthin (1)
Cold rinse and alum
TOBS Bay Rum splash

Great shave. First time with a superthin, I liked it a lot, comparable to my favourite 7 o'clocks, and I may shell out to get a load.
The bay rum is just a great way to finish a shave, so old fashioned it's virtually Cro-magnon.
What a bobby dazzler!

Saturday Night:

• * Ikon 3-Piece, Open-comb
    • o stainless steel razor on loan from missingskin[/list:u]
      * Lord Cool stainless steel
      • o possibly the smoothest blade I have found[/list:u]
        * New Forest 2201
        • o the Urban Stealth model[/list:u]
          * Nanny's Rose Otto soft shave soap
          • o this maybe the only jar of it in existence - ever![/list:u]
            * Thayers' Rose Petal Witch Hazel
            * Formula 31 Rose ASL
            • o by Professor Blighty [/list:u][/list:u]

• ... hey!
                        • ... Nanny's soap
                          • ... the Professor's aftershave?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                            Is "Nanny & the Professor" perhaps too subtle a 1970's sitcom synchronicity for a modern-day UK/international audiences?

Friday

Merkur Futur
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Nanny's New Spicy / Nanny's Warm Spice cream
Simpson's Commodore X1 / Kent BK4
Razorock alum stick
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

As a final test shave of the New Spicy, I wanted to compare it directly with the Warm Spice as I thought there was a bit of a difference in performance between the two. So I did the only thing I could to test both at once and did one half of my face with New Spicy and the other with Warm Spice!!

Saturday

Merkur 34c HD Classic
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Simpson's Commodore X1
Tabac soap
Razorock alum stick
Simple for Men AS Balm
Tabac AS

Sunday

Kropp 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Aloe and Green Tea Soap
L'Occitane Cade asb

Better than yesterday. No real need for a DE pass.

Ian

• ... hey!
            • ... Nanny's soap
              • ... the Professor's aftershave?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                Is "Nanny & the Professor" perhaps too subtle a 1970's sitcom synchronicity for a modern-day UK/international audiences?[/quote]

Nanny & the Professor.....now there's a thought! :cool:

MWF hand Soap / MWF SS / New Forrest 2003 / Merkur33c/Feather(1)
Alum Block / GFT Limes SF / James Bronnley EdT.

SOTDJan16th2011.jpg

In a rush out to Church this morning so the straight had the day off! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom