Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Kropp 5/8
Merkur 38C/Shark Super Chrome
New Forest 2201
Proraso
L'Occitane Cade asb

Okay, so this is how it went:

With the Kropp: 1xWTG, 1xXTG ear to nose, 1xXTG nose to ear. You would think that would give an acceptable shave, but it didn't feel like it when I rinsed, so I did 1xWTG pass with the Merkur and the 4-shave old blade that was in it, and it removed hair that the straight had left behind, which was a great deal.

Something is quite wrong, and I (we, actually) am in the process of trying to establish what.

Ian

Saturday

Morning gents.

34G & Gillette Platinum > Henk's Dutch Moss & Rooney LE > Henk's Dutch Moss balm > Guerlain L'Instant Eau de Toilette.

sotd15012011.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

Saturday morningish
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Rooney Victorian
Razor: Boker
Soaps: Penhaligon´s English Fern + Palmolive stick
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
I really like the Penhaligon soap, but it would be great if it was slightly more slippery and it worked out really nice together with the Palmolive stick :D. And this blade rocks, stunning how close you can get with it!
P1140003800x600.jpg

Delayed one more time. :shock:

Friday 01-14-11. MUSIC: Blondie_LP Paralel Lines.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - Gillette Slim Adjustable - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Veleiro shaving cream - Alum block - ASL Royal Copenhagen + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado14-01-11004-1.jpg

MWF Hand Soap,
Musgo Real SC,
Simpson Special in Best,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
James Bronnley EdT.

A few small nicks! :eek:
Strange wee critters? :shock:
Don't notice them at the time? :?

Alum block soon sorted them out but its weird?

Like being a teenager again!........(If only! :roll: )

Saturday 15th January

L'Occitane Cade Soap - Semogue 2010 Custom Boar - Wilkinson Sticky - Feather (1) - Alum - Trumpers Lime Skinfood

50c4f330.jpg

I wish this brush would hurry up and reach it's potential, it's got fantastic backbone and the tips are really softening up as they split but I really struggled to get two passes out of it today. Decided to stick a feather in the Sticky, they can feel quite rough and aggressive in other razors especially on the first shave, but in this razor it was as smooth as anything. Finished up with alum and skinfood for a change. Lots of variables changed at once, which I said I wouldn't do again :oops: , but a nice shave nonetheless. :)

My favourite bodger brush
38B barber pole
Derby Blade
F31 Shaving Cream in Orange
Aramis AS Splash

A really nice combo, difficult to match the orange soap with a decent splash that won't clash. The Aramis fits the bill nicely.

Attachments

• shave of the day 001.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 155
Professor Blighty said:
...A really nice combo, difficult to match the orange soap with a decent splash that won't clash. The Aramis fits the bill nicely.
Another good candidate would be Hermes d'Orange Verte.

Attachments

• HERMES_D_ORANGE_VERT_M.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 148
Saturday

Hot Shower
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Superthin#2
NF2211
Nannys Ice and Slice
BS Maca Root ASB

Well this is the first time i have shaved 2 days in a row this is due mainly to the slim after such a great shave yesterday couldn't wait another day.
Another fantastic shave,only being new to this but i think i have found my blade and razor combo this just seems to work for me.

Today, first time in a long-long time of not having touched a DE, I thought to try it again...
And that called to try something I hadn't yet, the Aristocrat adjustable! (I've had for a while now)

Razor: Aristocrat Adjustable
Blade: SuperMax
Cream: Avene
Brush: NF2211

ALUM!

Haven't use alum in a while, but nicked myself in 2 places. (rarely happens to me with a straight these days!)
Maybe it was just carelessness or maybe it's something else, but this was definitely not better then yesterdays with the Cador (Paris) Suprême Diamant

Egoih.jpg

So I think I've chosen sides :D

Max

Hi to all,

Saturdays shave consisted of:

Gillette G3 Fatboy and Derby blade
Omega 599
TOBS Almond cream
Thayers witch hazel
Real Shaving Co balm

I've settled into this routine for a while now and its working well for me. Nice to see what others use and to get some ideas for more purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom