Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 15th Jan 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, 01-16-11. MUSIC: Lucio Battisti_LP Canzione italiana Vol. 9 - A tribute to Lucio Battisti.

0000944363_75.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 Silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Iridium Super #2 - Pre PREP - Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood shaving soap - Alum block - ASL SPARK + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Afeitado16-01-11.jpg

Is it just me, or do quite a few people seem to be using the Merkur 34c at the moment.

Sunday
Mühle R89
Israeli (5)
NF 2211
Coates Ltd edition tea tree and rosemary
GFT Coral Skin food
Kiehls Soothing, Nourishing Face Creme for Men

DFS+
This is my usual combination at the moment (sometimes GFT Moisturiser), I've not really bothered to post my SOTD for that reason. Boring eh!

Late Subday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: Revisor
Superlather: Henks Dutch Moss + Irish Moss
AS: Code
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
P1160007800x709.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields silvertip
1958 Executive/Iridium
J Peterman 1903 SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
MPG 'Santal Noble' EdT

The Peterman stuff is one of the few creams in my rotation. Very easy to lather, great fragrance to my nose, and better than average performance all around. Post shave skin care is very nice, and the 1903 scent lingers for maybe an hour.

This product is what I kinda think of when trying to picture what a proper English cream would smell like. It's distinguished in some way......classy even. I'd rate this cream just a little more over the various Ts and even a little higher the AOS cream. The lather is thicker than most, and it looks especially nice when whipped properly.

BBS results,

Martin

First shave with a DE; Three Passes

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger (Medium)
Razor: Merkur 38C (Beautiful razor-my 2nd shave with this beauty :D) with Merkur Super Platinum Blades
Soap: Palmolive cream (tube)
AS: Nivea Cool Balm

Result: Very smooth all over, which was excellent considering it was a single WTG pass with some extra touching-up. I took the advice of others on here regarding dropping the Alum and the EDT spray to help with the shaving rash I suffer from around the neck, and so far, so good!

FuzzySteve said:
First shave with a DE; Three Passes

Razor: Merkur 38C (Beautiful razor-my 2nd shave with this beauty :D) with Merkur Super Platinum Blades
!

Hi there,

If I may, please let me offer some advice about your new set up. I'm not familiar with the razor, but I did start out using a Merkur blade. I think this will be a good learning experience.

Keep the same razor/blade combo for a few weeks until things start coming together. After that, feel free to sample a different brand of blade. By then, you'll have developed a reference point for the Merkur, and then you compare that one with the next on your list to try. It's trial and error, but after enough experience it doesn't take long to figure out if a blade fits or not.

Hope that helps,

Martin

Sunday
Superlather C.O BIGelow crema+Godrej Cool Mist/Merkur HD with RED IP/22mm finest badger brush/Art of Shaving Lavander balm (sample)
What a great combination of creams!Great slickness,skin care and protection.

Attachments

• P1160210.JPG
    359 bytes · Views: 63
Sunday night

Ever Ready 1912 + Gem #1 (kindly PIF'd by Parwin)
Boots Cool Cologne Cream
Omega 81052
Alum
Givenchy Gentleman AS

1st SE shave so wasn't sure what to expect. I think I shall have to adjust my technique a little, I found myself skin stretching like I do with a straight. Had a small spot which I nicked and got a couple of weepers on my neck but otherwise a very close shave without harsh feedback from the alum block. DFS!

Sunday

6/8 Air Brand
Scottish Fine Soaps Shave Soap
Simpson's Commodore X1
Razorock Alum stick
Body Shop Arber AS Balm
Body Shop Arber EDT

Despite the dire warnings from other members, I found this soap to be really rather good. Perhaps it only works well with Scottish water, Scottish air and lathering with a Scottish hand on Scottish chops... :lol:

Sunday

White proraso pre/post
NF2201
Nannys Ice and Slice with Goat Milk
Muhle R41 +Red IP (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

1st time out with the R41 and what an excellent razor.

Monday after 2 day rest

Gillette Mach3 (6)
Simpsons 57 2 band Super
Palmolive
Thayers

That's my set up for this week so won't post again! I'm waiting for 3 new brushes at the moment, a Simpsons Emperor 2 2 band, an Ever Ready 250 and an unknown butterscotch from over the pond for restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom