Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 12th June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
VieLong 16726 : Gillette NEW+noname : Martin de Candre : Alum+Thayer's astringent Witch Hazel : Achiles Brito, Lavanda EdT

DSCN4008.jpg

Arrowhead said:
I know just what you mean. Most of my razors are noisy full hollows, so the Butler makes quite a nice change. Heavy, too. Here's my attempt at a picture:

Talking of hefty razors, here's my soon to be restored Fenton, which is very nearly a wedge.

Nice pics, thank you! It sure looks like a sturdy Butler :eek: :D and a very nice near wedge there. I don´t know why, but I really like them wedgy and even though many others maybe are better shavers, I like wedgies more. Two of my top favourites are A Mappin and Webb and a Frederick´s - just love them :D

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Heljestrand M K no: 31, with new lovely and sligthy milky horn scales - Thank you Neil!
Brush: Ikon chubby 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Omega
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Result: Very nice and close shave

I love the menthol in the Omega when it´s a little hot and this morning I had a really nice shave!
44115d1276589045-sotd-sun-june-13th-sat-june-19th-snb12136.jpg
44116d1276589085-sotd-sun-june-13th-sat-june-19th-snb12161.jpg

Mikael said:
Arrowhead said:
I know just what you mean. Most of my razors are noisy full hollows, so the Butler makes quite a nice change. Heavy, too. Here's my attempt at a picture:

Talking of hefty razors, here's my soon to be restored Fenton, which is very nearly a wedge.

Nice pics, thank you! It sure looks like a sturdy Butler :eek: :D and a very nice near wedge there. I don´t know why, but I really like them wedgy and even though many others maybe are better shavers, I like wedgies more. Two of my top favourites are A Mappin and Webb and a Frederick´s - just love them :D

Wedges are very nice razors.

I made my foray into the world of straight razors via a near-wedge Wapi. I really wanted to get hold of a Le Grelot 1/4 grind but stupid internet forums meant the whole lot world-wide had been bought up and prices went a bit silly. Sold the Wapi and went back to 'normal' razors.

Good morning.

Proraso Pre/Post cream
RSC face scrub
Body Shop maca root shave cream (this time the very last drop of the sample)
Men-U Pure Bristle brush
Feather and Futur
Alum
Proraso AS splash

Thanks

Tuesday

Futur
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Futur on 2.5 + Iridium = Superb.

Ian

Tuesday

Proraso Pre/Post cream
Neo Custom 2 band finest
MWF
EJ Mastiff +crystal IP (1)
Alum
Sandalwood skin food

2 passes +minor touch up = excellent results. No sting from alum at all. These crystals seem to be very good for me.

Tuesday, 06-15-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - GEM Feather Weight - Pre Proraso - Vitto's shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Aqua Velva + 444.

Afeitado15-06-10001.jpg

Tuesday

Ever Ready travel razor (1914 head)
GEM SE blade
Omega cream
Kent BK4
Alum block
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I love the chilly tingle on the skin from the menthol & eucalyptus in the Omega. Really nice on a warm night.

Mikael said:
spandexcodpiece said:
Good afternoon to you Mikael !
I have no idea if it is a Friodur or not, it does not have a name !! I won it on ebay after a very hectic auction. I am having too much fun experimenting with D/E's, S/E's, Injectors, and the like, to bother with straights at the moment. However, I decided that if I saw some straights for sale that I liked, I would try to buy them whilst I could still afford it! I figure that by about this time next year, I shall be ready for the big adventure into "straightism". :lol:

Ok Paul, then it makes more "sense" ;) , I would love to hear what my wife has to say about sense, after reading this one :shock: :eek: :lol:

Ha,Ha, yes, reading it back, I see what you mean! Oh glorious obsession, I wonder, where will we all end up ? :lol:

Gem Miicromatic / Gem blade(4)
Simp. Duke 3 B/B
Vulfix Lavender cream
and after... Alum / Thayers W.hazel (Rose)

Good evening everyone, ( well the remaining 1/2 doz. still on line at this hour anyway !).

Warm bath, then a nice slow shave resulting in a CCS. Not too bad for fourth use of blade! 3 passes and lots of touch up's around mouth and chin. No nicks or soreness - never is with an SE ! Lovely light aroma to the Thayers Rose Toner, a real winner there I think. The Vulfix Lavender cream is nice ,with a genuine aroma, also nice and light. :)

Wednesday
Razor: EJ Chatsworth Sensor
Brush: Semogue 1305 <-- Duke 2 Best ordered
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink
Cologne: Penhaligon's Extract of Limes (free sample)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom