Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot shower and hot towel over head
Brush: Custom two banded finest 24 mm
Razors (one for head and one for face): Magnet and Törnblom
Soap: Cella
AS: Blue Floid
Strop: Neil Miller buffalo leather
Result: Very nice and close shave today

I got this razor back with new leopard wooden scales yesterday and I _love_ it. Funny thing though was I didn´t think extremly much of her, when I sent her away, I liked the blade and the back enough to keep her though. But boy did she do a come back! (Thank you Neil!)
44174d1276675416-sotd-sun-june-13th-sat-june-19th-snb12199.jpg

Wednesday

Shower
Astra (4) & Slim
Proraso Green SC & EJ BB
Alum
Speick AS

bit of a departure here, thought i would have a crack with a tube of Proraso Green (from Tony aka AJP) to compare against the pretty good performance of a tube of Mcleans :D ... sorry, I meant Ingrams. ;)

Good stuff this Proraso, very good stuff in fact! i think it may end up being fairly popular with people, especially if they design a range of products around it :lol: .

Had to use Speick AS as i thought it was my best match, at least until i get hold of my Aqua Velva, which i believe to be Mentholly? Wouldn't be the end of the world to buy the Proraso AS :roll:

But does the Soap match the Cream on performance and 'flavour'??

Wednesday

Futur
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Ian

Wednesday

My new Merkur 38C
Gillette Super Thin blade (1st time using these)
Hair conditioner as pre shave
Palmolive stick milled into ramekin dish
An excellent one of Fidos silvertip brushes
Thayers cucumber witch hazel toner
Nivea sensitive balm

Excellent shave. The 38C was tremendous. Liked the Super Thins too.
I avoided my Alum bar today as have been getting a slight rash and just sprayed Thayers on. The cucumber is lovely and cooling. Nivea ASB and no rash so will continue without alum or maybe just dab it if I nick myself as opposed to rubbing it all over my face.

joe mcclaine said:
Tuesday
Razor: EJ Chatsworth Sensor
Brush: Semogue 1305 <-- might get another Duke
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink
Cologne: Penhaligon's Eau De Verveine (free sample)

Watcha gonna do about another razor then joe? I sense your perhap's surfing around the web sites at the mo' maybe wondering what to do next - or maybe you'r not too bothered ? ;)

Wednesday

Gillette New (Red & Black set)
Feather
Tabac soap stick
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Simple for Men AS Balm
Tabac AS

Not used the New in ages, and never with a Feather before, Transformed the shave completely. Lovely job!

Wednesday, 06-16-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 830 - English Aristocrat #58 - Astra #1 - Pre Proraso - Col. Conk Almond - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Aqua Velva + 444.

Afeitado16-06-10002.jpg

Thursday
Razor: EJ Chatsworth Sensor (Excel)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink
Cologne: Geo F Trumper Fougena

Thursday

A practical pic today. Combo selected from stash and transferred to convenient location on IKEA tray. Ready for action.
Now ready for a day with an old pal, walking the Barton cliffs looking across tp the Isle of Wight. Lunch, then footie later. Retirement's grand but don't wish your lives away - work was good too.

6-5.jpg

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Straight: Thomas Turner, Everlasting
Brush: Jade handle 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Vulfix English Rose
Strop: Neil Miller, buffalo/Linnen
As: Old Spice Musk
Result: Very nice shave today :shave

A very nice near wedge that shaves very smooth and keeps an mean edge at the same time. HHT is a piece of cake with her now, thank you Neil, after only a couple of mm the hair splits :D. I love the old formula in the Indian Old Spice, gives a very nice sting and today I first rubbed the Proraso in good and got a very nice sting... Then waited a couple of minutes, to get the best out of it and then rubbed the OS in good and got an awesome sting again :D!
44220d1276760341-sotd-sun-june-13th-sat-june-19th-snb11911.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom