Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Futur
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Proraso Cream
Tabac a/s

Not used a splash for a while, and not used Tabac for even longer. It's rather pleasant.

Ian

Semogue 830 : Henckels Friodur 50 1/2 : Comptoir de savonniers SS : Home Institut ASB

DSCN3992.jpg

Saturday

I'm not keen on shaving sticks so hadn't bothered with palmolive for a long time. Stuffed a stick in a ramekin dish today and used it with an early Superspeed for a change. Palmolive makes a really excellent lather and fully justifies its popularity. The brush is a Simpsons PJ2 in two band super. Very different to yesterday's Chubby but a great brush to use with soaps.

6-3.jpg

Saturday
Sensor (Edwin Jagger Chatsworth version)
Semogue 1305 brush
D R Harris Almond soap <-- smells like Erasmic
D R Harris Pink aftershave
Trumper's Fougena cologne <-- smells like English Fern

Now, I'm just waiting for my youngest to go to his friends house then I'm off to the driving range before heading to the owd man's for the football.

Dab of Hammam Bouquet later, I reckon.

Good morning,

The Body Shop Maca Root shave cream
Men-U Pure Bristle brush
Feather and Future
Alum
Tabac AS splash

Third shave with this blade and it was pretty rough. Nicked myself on the chin. After weeks of rubbing the Alum on my face and wondering why I am bothering, I finally felt like it did some good. It ironed out the nick and stopped the bleeding pronto.

That's the end of my shave cream sample, and it is pretty good stuff IMO.

Thanks

Matchday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS (4)
Semogue 1305
Tabac Soap

Nivea ASB
Tabac AS

Last evening Mrs Spirit and I were indulging our G&S passion, watching a splendid amateur production of the Gondoliers...rose early and had a very good shave this morning with the usual suspects.

The recently purchased Wee Scot is due a run out soon I think.

Tonight hopefully England will show Barry Obama precisely how to "kick ass..."

:D

Saturday afternoon

MWF wash soap
Astra (4) & Slim (9 + 3)
DRH Marl SC & 404 Mix
Alum
Tabac AS

day and a half growth, last day on a blade, so god knows why i decided to crank the slim up to 9. Got away with it on the first pass apart from taking the lid off a spot/bump, decided i had pushed my luck and dialled down for a speedy level 3 for XTG. chin chin!

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Friodur 8/8
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Nannys Citrus Zinger
AS: Luara Biogiotto ROMA
Strop: Vintage ROMA 45
Result: Estupendo, crazy close today (aka CCT)

Used the strop before and after today (20/40 and 30/60) and did three passes - WTG, XTG and ATG. Today both life and shave was good! I couldn´t decide wich shot was the nicest today, so here you go:
43976d1276335779-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb12070.jpg
43977d1276335779-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb12075.jpg

Saturday night @ the Shangri-La Singapore

AoS badger
R89 / Gillette Platinum
Gillette Sensitive sc tube
Osma alum
TWH
Christian Dior Intense EdP

- a quick shave before going out with a friend for a drink (or in other words 'to sample the local delicacies here').
- as a result of the above, a 'delicacy' from Laos was selected, results of sampling to be published in my website in due course.
- as far as shaving is concerned, still on the basic and reliable 'remote' setup, varying only one parameter (EdT/EdP) at the moment.
- went to the shops here today and saw a nice badger brush for 30 quid (Sephora), ok, nothing exciting and not silvertip or anything like this, but the handle was good looking; don't think I'll go back to buy it, but a couple of Guerlain perfumes were very tempting indeed.
- the water here is fine as well wrt hardness, nothing like the thing we have up in the Baltics and a tad worse that what we have in Athens, Greece.
- I always liked the design of the Friodurs.

I hope you'll have a good Sat night folks.

Re: Saturday night @ the Shangri-La Singapore

N_Architect said:
AoS badger
R89 / Gillette Platinum
Gillette Sensitive sc tube
Osma alum
TWH
Christian Dior Intense EdP

- a quick shave before going out with a friend for a drink (or in other words 'to sample the local delicacies here').
- as a result of the above, a 'delicacy' from Laos was selected, results of sampling to be published in my website in due course.
- as far as shaving is concerned, still on the basic and reliable 'remote' setup, varying only one parameter (EdT/EdP) at the moment.
- went to the shops here today and saw a nice badger brush for 30 quid (Sephora), ok, nothing exciting and not silvertip or anything like this, but the handle was good looking; don't think I'll go back to buy it, but a couple of Guerlain perfumes were very tempting indeed.
- the water here is fine as well wrt hardness, nothing like the thing we have up in the Baltics and a tad worse that what we have in Athens, Greece.
- I always liked the design of the Friodurs.

I hope you'll have a good Sat night folks.

Yes, they´ve got some cool looking blades - I was very close to miss that one though :lol:

Saturday

Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor
Wilkinson Sword Blade (German)
Wilkinson Sword Boar Brush
Erasmic shavebowl soap (Yeah I know but I don't have WS soap or I would have :lol:)
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater

This razor was £2.35 in the chemist when I went in to pick up some glucose powder and it comes with 5 WS blades which I like so if I hate the razor then not a lot lost.

It was a quickish shave, hot towel to soften the bristles 1st. The razor is plastic with some metal adding some weight into the handle. The head is very lightweight and a bit scratchy, I found it pretty mild but it delivered an acceptable shave. Had I taken more time and effort it could have been closer, the razor is not up to the quality of any of my other razors but for less than the cost of a pint I'd say it was worth the money. The ideal razor to take camping or to sling in a wash bag for a stag weekend etc.

Mikael said:
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Friodur 8/8
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Nannys Citrus Zinger
AS: Luara Biogiotto ROMA
Strop: Vintage ROMA 45
Result: Estupendo, crazy close today (aka CCT)

Used the strop before and after today (20/40 and 30/60) and did three passes - WTG, XTG and ATG. Today both life and shave was good! I couldn´t decide wich shot was the nicest today, so here you go:
43976d1276335779-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb12070.jpg
43977d1276335779-sotd-sun-june-06th-sat-june-12th-snb12075.jpg
First shot is the clear winner, in my humble opinion! The 8/8 looks very nice, I too have one of those for when I start experimenting with S/R shaving next year. :)

Late Saturday night:

- Shower and hot water
- Clinique M Shave Aloe Gel (struggled to get a decent lather with this)
- Wilkinson Sword boar brush
- Gillette Fusion Power (5th shave with this blade and it's getting past its best)
- Two passes, WTG and XTG
- Cold water rinse

Face felt really tight after this, so I went with

- Osma alum block
- Nivea sensitive after shave balm

Quite a good shave, but stinging a bit now! :(

Saturday

1968 Black-handled Superspeed
Feather
Nanny's Yushu soap
Kent BK4
Alum block