Sunday

Quick shave after a long day at work.

Merkur 34c
Feather (3)
Speick Stick
Vulfix 404 Mix
Witch Hazel
Old Spice Fresh Lime

Wasn't paying full attention due to being so tired, that plus day 3 on the feather led to it being a little ropey towards the end. Plenty close enough, just a bit rough. A splash of witch hazel and some cold water for a few minutes then that insane zingy burst from OS Fresh Lime and all irritated feelings and weepers be gone. I don't know what the hell it is in this stuff but it bloody well works for me.

Same here, it must be the old formula?? Damn good stuff!

Sunday

Prep: Hot shower
Str8: Bassler b/8 round point stainless steel
DE: Wilkinson Sword Classic with Wilkinson Sword blade (2)
Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn 'Nomad' Soap
Brush: Vulfix 404 Boar

Straight Shave No. 14 (or so)

Things starting to fall into place a little now with the str8, while there was a good amount of clean up needed with the DE it was noticeably closer before hand. If I had not been doing a DE clean up an I could have achieved a socially acceptable shave with some additional str8 passes.

After 2 DE clean up passes and a little blade buffing a BBS was achieved.

Razor: Gem Micromatic SE // Gem blade (3)
Brush: Savile row 2120 S/Tip
Soap: Floris (1st time out) ( Remains of lather rinsed off with warm water followed by cold water).

..and after: Alum// Thayers Rose scented W. hazel Toner// Ralph Lauren Romance Men A/S/Gel.
Prep: Warm Bath, Hot Flannel (2 mins).

Good evening gentlemen!

So instead of shaving tomorrow morning, I decided to shave this afternoon. Reason being, going out for a double Birthday celebration meal earlier this evening. I shall need more practice with the Floris ,I fear. Been using creams for a little while and it has made me lazy, lovely mild scent though! Also, first time out for the Thayers Rose W. hazel , very nice, think I prefer it to the Cucumber. I think I have one more shave left in the gem blade, not to worry though, worth paying a little more for a blade if it gives you a different experience. A bit of razor burn on L.H.side of neck rectified by application of Dr Henks exceedingly good Bay rum ASB. Turned out to be a CCS, well pleased! :shave

Slow Shaving said:
Sunday,06-13-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Silvertip Brush "Peter Extra Pur Blaireaux" - GEM Feather Weight - Pre Proraso - TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Brummel + 444.

Have you even seen a similar shaving brush? Some information about it will be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Afeitado13-06-10001.jpg

Afeitado13-06-10002.jpg

That first photo is very nice Slow ! I haven't seen another brush like that one, but what a little beauty, 20ml isn't it ? what a lovely handle as well.. :)

Re: Saturday night @ the Shangri-La Singapore

N_Architect said:
AoS badger
R89 / Gillette Platinum
Gillette Sensitive sc tube
Osma alum
TWH
Christian Dior Intense EdP

- a quick shave before going out with a friend for a drink (or in other words 'to sample the local delicacies here').
- as a result of the above, a 'delicacy' from Laos was selected, results of sampling to be published in my website in due course.
- as far as shaving is concerned, still on the basic and reliable 'remote' setup, varying only one parameter (EdT/EdP) at the moment.
- went to the shops here today and saw a nice badger brush for 30 quid (Sephora), ok, nothing exciting and not silvertip or anything like this, but the handle was good looking; don't think I'll go back to buy it, but a couple of Guerlain perfumes were very tempting indeed.
- the water here is fine as well wrt hardness, nothing like the thing we have up in the Baltics and a tad worse that what we have in Athens, Greece.
- I always liked the design of the Friodurs.

I hope you'll have a good Sat night folks.

Hi N_ are you quite sure about the Edp ?? That's the abbreviation for Eau de parfum, and that's what our womenfolk wear isn't it ?? :eek: ...What ever turns you on I guess..... :lol:

Monday
After a little run
Razor: EJ Chatsworth Sensor
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink
Cologne: Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

Blyth Spirit said:
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Very good shave. The Wilky brush continues in its run of form with soaps; I am absolutely amazed - in a genuinely pleasing way - by it.

:)

David, is that the brush that Superdrug and others sell, the synthetic one?

Monday:
Hot towel,
Ever Ready 12a/DR Harris rose cream
Merkur 38C/Gillette yellow 7o'clock (Not the best combination for me, bit aggressive)
Alum
L'occitaine Cade ASB

Got there in the end but Ive had better shaves before.
Coffee afterwards was good though :) .
regards, beejay

Monday

Futur
Wilkinson Sword White label (3)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Nanny's Lavender soap
Alum
Floid Original AS

A very nice shave. After a weekend of little sleep and a fair amount of dwelling, the lavender actually did seem to settle my mind - the 1st time something like this has worked! Probably a placebo :lol:

Have a good week gents...

joe mcclaine said:
Blyth Spirit said:
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Very good shave. The Wilky brush continues in its run of form with soaps; I am absolutely amazed - in a genuinely pleasing way - by it.

:)

David, is that the brush that Superdrug and others sell, the synthetic one?

No Joe, it's Bristle. I think that mine came from Boots, about two years ago. They are about the £3.50 mark and they are widely available. They have an odd shaped black handle. Take a bit of breaking in but with soap they are (to me) excellent.

What inspired me to rediscover it was watching the excellent lather demonstration slideshows by Antdad, using the Wilky brush. I thought "I've got one of those doing nothing so I'll see if I can do that..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom