Saturday Night:

• - Cold water flowing freely, as needed, for dunkings & rinsings
    - Cleansed & moisturised with Thayers' Rose Witch Hazel
    - J M Fraser's Polar Ice shave cream, 5th sample of 5 & Omega Pro 49
    - British Bakelite Minora 3Piece with a Big Ben Blue blade
    - Alum
    - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
    - Boots'Freshwood ASB & AS[/list:u]

Still not quite figured out the right amount of water for Fraser's to stop it drying and flaking before a full pass has finished. Though the stuff is nice before that point of drying-out; smells are fine, but simple and not too 'in-your-face/nostrils', not inducing 'perfume-overload' headaches etc...

Still really liking the blades from Lord Group/Industries that I've tried to this point, inclusive.

spandexcodpiece said:
First shot is the clear winner, in my humble opinion! The 8/8 looks very nice, I too have one of those for when I start experimenting with S/R shaving next year. :)

Thank you! Have you bought a Friodur now and won´t use it until next yr? That´s planing ahead :lol: Nah, now I have to plane for todays shave - head and face today ... Hmmm, wedge for head and Helje for face.

quattrojames said:
Face felt really tight after this, so I went with

- Osma alum block
- Nivea sensitive after shave balm

Quite a good shave, but stinging a bit now! :(

If you have a tight face, the last thing you need is alum.

Ian

Sunday

Futur
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Palmolive Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

I like using the "hi-end" stuff like Trumpers, Taylor, Harris, Castle Forbes etc., but there is nothing quite as satisfying as using a cream that costs less than £2.00 from a shop in town and getting the same results.

Ian

Sunday

The Chatsworth/Swede combo feels so, so comfortable. My New Forest Finest silvertip produced superb lather from this old Coates cream. All in all a great shave.

Background courtesy of my patchwork and quilting fanatic wife. I'm not the only obsessive in my house.

6-4.jpg

Sunday
Pre: Hot Shower
Razors: Heljestrand no 31 and 32 + Törnblom
Brush: Chris (Craft) custom 24 mm two banded finest
Soap: Nannys Yushu LE
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Result: CCS = Crazy Close Shave on face - wtg + atg, head was a ok.

I was going to try and race a Helje 32 against a 31, but it wasn´t a fair race - Helje 32 lost by a hair due to a slightly bad edge, she lost the edge to fast. The 31 sliced gently through the stubble on the left side of the face. Overall a nice shave today, even though I had to work some to get the head clean enough and the Törnblom now needs a good touch up, she didn´t have enough in her to last the whole way.
44035d1276419473-sotd-sun-june-13th-sat-june-19th-snb12108.jpg

Sunday
My shaving tackle clear out has left me with very few options for a shave of the day.

Anyway, after a nice swim;
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Sensor
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink
Cologne: Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet

Got some Penhaligon's (Anthology) samples to work my way through - not today though.

Sunday

1958 British Gillette TV Special
Gillette Thai Super Thin Blade
Re-treaded Omega 49 with a 28mm silvertip knot from TGN
Susan Darnell Vitos soap (from Eric @ <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tuttoitaliaonline.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.tuttoitaliaonline.nl</a><!-- w -->)

Jings! The amount of later from a tiny blob of the Vitos soap stuck to the bottom of an old Proraso pot for lathering... enough for a 10 pass shave for all the family. Not as almondy as the Figaro P.160 but the shave was every bit as good.

Mikael said:
spandexcodpiece said:
First shot is the clear winner, in my humble opinion! The 8/8 looks very nice, I too have one of those for when I start experimenting with S/R shaving next year. :)

Thank you! Have you bought a Friodur now and won´t use it until next yr? That´s planing ahead :lol: Nah, now I have to plane for todays shave - head and face today ... Hmmm, wedge for head and Helje for face.

Good afternoon to you Mikael !

I have no idea if it is a Friodur or not, it does not have a name !! I won it on ebay after a very hectic auction. I am having too much fun experimenting with D/E's, S/E's, Injectors, and the like, to bother with straights at the moment. However, I decided that if I saw some straights for sale that I liked, I would try to buy them whilst I could still afford it! I figure that by about this time next year, I shall be ready for the big adventure into "straightism". :lol:

spandexcodpiece said:
Good afternoon to you Mikael !
I have no idea if it is a Friodur or not, it does not have a name !! I won it on ebay after a very hectic auction. I am having too much fun experimenting with D/E's, S/E's, Injectors, and the like, to bother with straights at the moment. However, I decided that if I saw some straights for sale that I liked, I would try to buy them whilst I could still afford it! I figure that by about this time next year, I shall be ready for the big adventure into "straightism". :lol:

Ok Paul, then it makes more "sense" ;) , I would love to hear what my wife has to say about sense, after reading this one :shock: :eek: :lol:

Sunday,06-13-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Silvertip Brush "Peter Extra Pur Blaireaux" - GEM Feather Weight - Pre Proraso - TOBS Avocado - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Brummel + 444.

Have you even seen a similar shaving brush? Some information about it will be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Afeitado13-06-10001.jpg

Afeitado13-06-10002.jpg

Sunday

Quick shave after a long day at work.

Merkur 34c
Feather (3)
Speick Stick
Vulfix 404 Mix
Witch Hazel
Old Spice Fresh Lime

Wasn't paying full attention due to being so tired, that plus day 3 on the feather led to it being a little ropey towards the end. Plenty close enough, just a bit rough. A splash of witch hazel and some cold water for a few minutes then that insane zingy burst from OS Fresh Lime and all irritated feelings and weepers be gone. I don't know what the hell it is in this stuff but it bloody well works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom