Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 12th June 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

RSC Shave cream
Body Shop synthetic brush
Feather and Futur
Old Spice AS splash

The Body Shop brush is quick drying and a good travel brush. It's a little too soft, and doesn't hold water at all. It's either sopping wet or bone dry, very little in between.

Thanks.

Thursday

EJ DE89
365 Blade (thanks HM :D )
Palmolive soap Vulfix 2235
Alum
Aquatonic AS

Still recovering from the rough feather save of a few days ago, liked the 365 blade but didn't over do the shave.

Semogue LE : Henckels Friodur 17 1/2 : Saponificio Artigianale Fiorentino SS : Grey Flannel ASL

DSCN4020.jpg

The soap has a nice scent, but the lather dries quickly.... :evil:

Thursday

Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a/Valobra
EJ DE87/Tesco own
Alum
L'occitaine Cade ASB

The Tesco blade was OK and the Valobra is good stuff and I love the smell.
A pretty decent shave today.
regards, beejay

Thursday

Merkur 34c
Gillette Super Thin Thai (1)
Semogue 1305
Speick Stick
Thayers Medicated Superhazel
Old Spice Fresh Lime AS

1st pass excellent, 2nd pass I felt the blade tug on every single hair. Some weeping and neck pretty raw. Old Spice Lime currently working it's magic. This will be it's biggest test yet. Probably the poorest shave I've had in months. Gonna stick with the Super Thins for another couple of shaves though see if I can work the bugger out.

Andy

It's fine now, well no discomfort, still a bit red. Maybe the blade just caught me unawares seeing as how "excellent" I was expecting it to be. Seems less sharp than a Bleue Extra.

Wednesday

EJ DE87
Commodore
Gillette Platinum
Ingrams cream
RazorRock alum
Aquatonic
RSC Balm

Thursday

As above but substitute Ingrams for Trumpers Limes cream

Two decent shaves, felt like I was overdoing it, but I'm using more product these days and it seems to be offering better protection as I'm getting less irritation.

Thursday

Merkur 38C
Iridium Super(2)
Hair conditioner
Ingrams Blue
Thayers Cucumber alcohol free
Nivea sensitive ASB
Old Spice Fresh Lime AS on face only

Again great shave with 38C only second time using it. Wanted to try Iridium Supers as I'm trying to get an everyday blade and it's a choice between this, Crystals and Personnas. Used a bit more cream than before which helped make a great lather. I was surprised how easy it was having mainly been using soaps. The Old Spice Fresh Lime is from a small sample bottle I was kindly sent. I wasn't too keen on it when I got it but I'm loving it now!!!!!

Mikael said:
Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Straight: Thomas Turner, Everlasting
Brush: Jade handle 24 mm silvertip
Soap: Vulfix English Rose
Strop: Neil Miller, buffalo/Linnen
As: Old Spice Musk
Result: Very nice shave today :shave

A very nice near wedge that shaves very smooth and keeps an mean edge at the same time. HHT is a piece of cake with her now, thank you Neil, after only a couple of mm the hair splits :D. I love the old formula in the Indian Old Spice, gives a very nice sting and today I first rubbed the Proraso in good and got a very nice sting... Then waited a couple of minutes, to get the best out of it and then rubbed the OS in good and got an awesome sting again :D!
44220d1276760341-sotd-sun-june-13th-sat-june-19th-snb11911.jpg

Hi Mikael !

When you were at school, were you often deliberately very naughty, so that you were often punished by having the cane administered either to your hand or your posterior - by any chance :?: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom