Tuesday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream (Original)
Aqua Velva Aftershave Lotion

Tingly cold face freeze. Very nice.

Ian

Tuesday 14 December. An early morning shave with 72 hrs of growth.

Pre shave: Hot bath with a watery Arko lather.
Razor: Gillette black handled flare tip superspeed
Blades: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow
Brush: New Forest 2211
Soap: Arkop shaving stick (having a sister-in-law with a Turkish man is paying off)
AS: Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel/ Floid Blue/ Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Aftershave balm.

A lovely morning shave with a smooth finish. Very little irritation.

Tuesday Morning

EJ87
Lord platinum
New Forest 2211
Nannys Yushu
alum
Bodyshop arber asb
Old spice fresh lime

The Lord platinum was the weakest link, not bad mind you just not as good as the super chrome or the sharks.
Still had a nice enough shave.

Tuesday 14th December

La Toja stick - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette Aristocrat #16 - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1) - Ogallala Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorns AS

I've been getting good shaves with a Fatboy for the last couple of shaves but I've just picked up this razor so had to give it a try. A nice shaver. Felt a bit rougher than the shaves with the Fatboy, but no major issues.

Tuesday:

Flair tip, gillette yellow blade, ej best badger, figaro cream, AV.

First outing with 7 o'clock yellows. Quite a nice blade, smoother then astras. The search goes on to find the blade as smooth as a swede...

Tuesday

Merkur 34C
Merkur Blade
Semogue 2015
Arko Stick
Thayers Superhazel
Bleu de Chanel AS

Another good, on par shave, however having now used Merkur blades again as a more experienced shaver I find that they start to dull quite quickly. Im having to up the amount of touch ups with each shave per blade. A good blade but they do not warrant the price.

I think it's going to be a run of Astra Stainless next.

Tuesday Morning (yeah, morning :roll: ):

• - Minora all-metal(aluminium handle) 3-piece Open Comb
      • ... made in England[/list:u]
        - Lion Super Stainless
        - New-Fido-Forest Urban Stealth 2201
        - Kalina's Everest shave cream
        - Thayers' Rose witch hazel
        - Kalina's Everest ASC[/list:u][/list:u]

Not bad for a vertical activity before 10:00 O'clock (ante-meridian). Very close and smooth shave. I'm thinking this is like an OC alu Tech. Next time out it might get mounted to a heavier handle, though - maybe the stainless steel one.

Tuesday:
Hot towel
Ever ready 12a/Connaught Sandalwood cream
Superspeed/365 stainless
Alum
Alt Innsbruck EDC

A few firsts today, Connaught, 365 and Alt Innsbruck. pleased with all but I need a couple more shaves with the blades to be really sure.
A pretty good shave finished off with the Alt Innsbruck which is very very nice :)
regards, beejay

SiR-ed8 said:
[
How aggressive is the Lucky Tiger Martin? Does it last few hours or throughout the day?

Hi there,

The Lucky Tiger AS scent is a fleeting one that's gone in a few seconds, which is one reason I like the stuff. It's a very light orange/citrus fragrance that's similar to the shaving cream made by that company. There's no alcohol added, so no burn at all.

Nice product,

Martin

Tueasday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson
Razor: C V Heljestrand frameback
Soap: Tabac
AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Ultra clean :D
I got some blades, I had bought earlier, back from Neil today :D. He also sent me a linen/cardovan strop :D :D, that was very, very sweet! I´ve used a vintage ROMA as a finishing strop, but this one was better, much better. The blade was very, very sharp and I got an ultra close shave today and even though I got a very fine and rather deep cut (very, very sharp :lol:), I´m very happy with how the blade shav/behaved
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SOTD/SNB14265800x599.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1949 Aristocrat #16/Iridium
MWF
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Hermes 'eau de Cologne'

Another very nice shave with this razor. Takes a lighter touch than my fatboy and it took me a few shaves to get the technique down properly. Man, this thing leaves my face very smooth, and is quite a fun razor to have in the arsenal.

BBS results,

Martin

Heh, this bottle is the 200ml family size version.

Attachments

• Hermes.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 55
Yellow Jim said:
Tuesday 14th December

La Toja stick - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette Aristocrat #16 - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1) - Ogallala Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorns AS

I've been getting good shaves with a Fatboy for the last couple of shaves but I've just picked up this razor so had to give it a try. A nice shaver. Felt a bit rougher than the shaves with the Fatboy, but no major issues.

Hi there,

The Aristocrat may take a little technique tweaking, especially if you're used to the fatboy. Give the #16 2-3 more shaves and see how it performs......you may find it amusing.

dodgy said:
Hi there,

The Aristocrat may take a little technique tweaking, especially if you're used to the fatboy. Give the #16 2-3 more shaves and see how it performs......you may find it amusing.

Hi Martin,

I intend giving it a fair crack of the whip. If I don't get on with it, then no harm done really as I picked it up pretty cheaply, it's in great condition and I understand they are pretty sought after.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom