Status
Not open for further replies.
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields white cap badger
mid 70's Schick M type adjustable injector/vintage Schick Platinum Plus
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Once in a while the injector calls to me, and I wanted to try a new to me blade anyway. This one's a vintage variety that is still available on ebay sometimes. I heard really good things about em and this was the time.

Well, I'm gonna try it again tomorrow, but so far it's better than good, but not great. Who knows, maybe my lather was off (which is doubtful), or possibly I mighta just got a bad blade. I've heard that can sometimes happen with the first blade out of the pack because of it's long exposure to the air. Anyway, we'll see what happens this next shave.

Still fun using this goofy little plastic thing. Quite a different feel from using a DE, but not in a bad way. It's also nice to be able to dial this thing in, just like I would the DE adjustables.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• injector and blade.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 60
Due to a effortless shave yesterday with the merkur 38R and a 7o'clock green, and the fact that i am going out to a big bash tonight, i decided to go for an unusual second day on the bounce. Kept the same game plan as yesterday NF2201 Nanny's citrus zinger Proraso pre and post, And the results where fairly similar. A little closer than yesterday in the not quite so effortless and irritation free, But a very satisfactory result. Clean no nicks no real irritation after the proraso did its work.
Very pleased. :D This is one fine razor. A definite go to with this blade, and soap.

Saturday:
P1140713-1.jpg

And DAFT PUNK!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yzqgwTVi8&feature=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yzqgwT ... re=channel</a><!-- m -->

Saturday evening

Hot Shower
NF2211
Nanny's Citrus Zinger
Gillette Tech
7 O'clock Yellow (2)
Alum
OS Lime

I've not used the OS Lime for a few weeks, it's still my favourite AS. First try with the Citrus Zinger, very pleased.

Saturday

Gillette British Rocket HD
Feather
Nanny's Ice and a Slice cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Simple for Men AS Balm
(Indian)Old Spice AS

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Soap: VDH
Brush: Vie-Long 16728

Wring 2x. 1min20. 4 pass. Rework 1st, 3rd pass dry & thinned out. Thick lather.

It was much better shave than yesterday.

Sunday

KROPP 5/8
New Forest 2201 Brush
Tabac Soap
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

Better today. Well, when I say better, I mean that I don't have razor burn on my neck, so all pretty comfortable. Unfortunately, the trade-off is a shave which is so far from close, that it's almost like I used the spine of the blade to shave rather than the sharp bit!

Ian

EJ87
Lord platinum(1)
Nanny's Yushu
New Forest 2211
alum
bodyshop arber asb
Old spice fresh lime

Still going through ConnaughtShaving's Lord blade sampler. The Lord platinum was good enough ,no irritation and a close cut , I think I prefer the Lord super chrome ,or either of the sharks . Not bad though.
Bodyshop arber asb sample , is well worth sampling. Nice smell,non greasy absorbs quickly.
The EJ87,Nannys yushu,alum,Fido 2211 and OS performed brilliantly as you'd expect.

Sunday am first shave for 4 days due to feeling shit..

Gillette slim on 5
gillette blue blade
bluebeards revenge
henks asb
old spice splash

:D Love shaving when i have a good face full of stubble,Lovely close shave and loving this bluebeards more and more each time i use it..awesome stuff. :D

Sunday:
Hot towel
EverReady 12a/MonSavon +touch of TRS Cream (very creamy, copious, slick lather :) )
EJ DE87/7o'clock Yellow
Alum
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

not used the DE87 for a while so it was especially nice today :)
regards, beejay

Today's shave was a revelation.

Each of these items was a gift from an old friend. The 1960s Yardley soap, unopened until recently. an old Shavex razor and a little brush with an 18 mm knot with a loft of 37 mm. of unknown make and vintage. Ironic that in a week I found I couldn't get on with a £130 Feather razor, I discover that an innocuous looking razor I'd forgotten I had turns in a performance as good as anything I've achieved with my two favourites: a Jagger Chatsworth and Merkur 38C. The Shavex, in combination with a Red Personna was a delight - just the right amount of aggressiveness - I could feel the blade doing its job but I had no hint of soreness post shave. I know nothing about Shavex - it bears a Made in England mark and a registration number 76190. If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd be very interested.

12-1.jpg

Sunday, 12-12-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson Silvertip - Merkur 12C Barberpole open comb - Astra Superior Stainless #1 - Pre PREP - Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Eau de cologne Acca Kappa cedar sample + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado12-12-10001.jpg

Hi everyone. My name is Pig and I am in Mach 3 withdrawl.

Today was my 4th ever DE shave:

1) Merkur HD w/ dorco blade
2) Omega boar with Dovo mint soap
3) Alum
4) Maca root aftershave
5) hydrocortisone cream, field dressings, first aid

The only revelation I had today was that I need to work on my technique...every shave is getting closer (ie smoother) but I am also cutting myself more...

I almost grabbed the mach three and made a final pass...but i resisted the temptation

I find that the hydrocortisone cream is really good at calming down the razor burn so I can look respectable at work the next morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom