Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 11th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Rolls Razor
Soap: Col. Conk Bayrum
Brush: Vie-Long 16728

Shake 3x. 1min25. 3 pass. Rework 1st. Thinned second.

Lather wasn't as thick compared to yesterdays shave. Still good nonetheless.

Another nice one last night (sunday night) before crawling into bed..

I went with the same technique as last time:

• Razor: Gotta 120 5/8
    Soap: Monsavon
    Brush: Fido NF2211
    Alum: RazorRock
    ASB: Nivea sensitive
    AS: Aqua Velva
    [/list:u]
    Prep: I massaged my face with a small bit of baby-body lotion (Switsal = dutch) before applying lather.
    (also started facelathering now after 4 months!)
    I think this was my best/closest straight shave, I'd classify this as DFS, almost BBS (missed a few)

Max

Monday 13th December

La Toja stick - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette Fatboy 5/7 - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (3) - Aqua Velva AS - Lacoste Pour Homme EDT

Very nice shave. Thought I'd try this brush face lathering with a shave stick, lots of lovely lather. Enjoying this razor and blade combination.

Saturday AM & Monday

Following an OC enthusiasts info swap, with Adam Smith, I was recommended to try the 7 o' Clock Yellow with the R41.

Muhle R41 OC
7 o' Clock Yellow (1 & 2)
Simpsons Wee Scot
Godrej Shave Round

Brut AS (Saturday)
Tabac AS (Today)
Nivea ASB

No shave yesterday I was up country and the heating boiler er, malfunctioned and it was bloody freezing in the snow.

I am quite seriously impressed with these blades they leave me very closely shaven, clean and very smooth all day. This was my debut with the 7o'CY; I'll give my one and only packet of five a straight run through and decide after that whether to buy a bigger batch.

Happy!
:shave

Monday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

Back to work, morning shaves and a DE.

Ian

Monday:
Hot towel
404Mix/GFT Rose (MMMM nice)
EJ DE87/7o'clock Yellow
Alum
Cold splash
No AS (waiting for delivery of Alt Innsbruck EDC and that'll be today's face treat :) )

regards, beejay

Good morning,

Feather and Futur
Tabac soap
Omega boar brush
Proraso AS
Boots moisturiser

WTG pass on 5, then XTG on 2, bit rough on my neck, but I was in a hurry.

Right. I'm off to work for 4 weeks of cartridge shaving. Merry Christmas to you all, see ya 2011.

Thanks

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1949 Aristocrat #16/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger As and Face Tonic
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Very nice shave this morning. The #16 was calling to me today, and it made whacking them whiskers an easy thing. After using the injector these last couple days with mixed results, this heavy razor (82 grams) required no pressure to achieve a BBS shave.

Today's shave was unusually close (similar to an OC type) and quite comfortable.

BBS results,

Martin

Monday

HD Merkur 34C
Merkur blade
Kent KB2 brush
Kent cream
Boots balm

3 previous shaves with oil....... Kent KB2 brush & Kent cream arrived to day what a joy, lovely shave no nicks or burn, loving it.

Monday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpson T2
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Cold flannel soaked in TOBS #74 Original

Monday, 12.13.10

Aura Glow
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
Gabel 36 Square Point
SRD P1 Strop .. 40 Cotton/70 Leather
Generic no-name Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Ogallala Limes and Peppercorns Bay Rum AS

I'm pleased to be back to the no frills Witch Hazel, which has a more pleasing WH scent than the Dickinson's, IMHO. First time out for the Ogallala Limes and Peppercorns and it's very pleasing... something that will have a permanent home.
My good wife has more Christmas decorations than Carters got little liver pills (I'm showin' my age here), so I'll have enough props for well into January..

IMG_2653-2.jpg

First ever post on "shave of the day"

Merkur HD + thin 2nd day
Cheapo Wilki boar
GFT Coconut Oil soap
DRH Pink
DRH Milk

I am becoming very fond of this soap, "pleasant" in every sense.

Monday, 12-13-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson Silvertip - British Gillette The New Tech handle - Astra Superior Stainless #2 - Pre PREP - Coates Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Spark + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Afeitado13-12-10-1.jpg

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1949 Aristocrat #16/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger As and Face Tonic
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Very nice shave this morning. The #16 was calling to me today, and it made whacking them whiskers an easy thing. After using the injector these last couple days with mixed results, this heavy razor (82 grams) required no pressure to achieve a BBS shave.

Today's shave was unusually close (similar to an OC type) and quite comfortable.

BBS results,

Martin

How aggressive is the Lucky Tiger Martin? Does it last few hours or throughout the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom