Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Gillette fusion gamer
Simpsons 57 2 band super
MB UnScented
Thayers UnScented
Boots unscented moisturiser

A good shave, the boots moisturiser is very good and doesn't irritate.

Yellow Jim said:
dodgy said:
Hi there,

The Aristocrat may take a little technique tweaking, especially if you're used to the fatboy. Give the #16 2-3 more shaves and see how it performs......you may find it amusing.

Hi Martin,

I intend giving it a fair crack of the whip. If I don't get on with it, then no harm done really as I picked it up pretty cheaply, it's in great condition and I understand they are pretty sought after.

James

If you don't get on with it i may be interested. :lol:

Tuesday

La Toja SS/Vie Long 16726 finest badger/Weishi Gunmetal with Shark Chrome/Weleda ASB

P1140851-1.jpg

P1140851.jpg

Erasmic Cream today after a long stint with soaps. I love the smell of this product. You gentlemen are very lucky to have this stuff growing on trees. With the exception of witch hazel mix w/rose water, no AS or balm. Also used an Israeli blade in my Gillette Red Tip (B3), referred to as a "Crystal", for a second time and was quite comfortable with the outcome - 3 passes, great shave. Got 50 blades on eBay for $8 and some change. New Forest 2201 Superior Badger labors on and I now have acquired the knack for face lathering with soaps; now starting with creams until Christmas. I'll stay out of my collection of shaving bowls for a while. One thing about using the 2201 for 8 weeks is that ---dare I say it --- i don't miss the boar. The 620 and 404 Bodger look tempting but then they'll have competition from Christmas Day with NF 2211. It really is an all round brush and it digs right into anything called soap. So happy to have this brush in my rotation. All positives noted that have been brought up here at TSR. Sounds like the 2211 owners are impressed with their investment and now anticipating the High Mountain 2221. A most wonderful time to have taken up wet shaving again these past 5 months. Enjoy your day gents!

R/Robert

Tuesday, 12-14-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue LE 09 - Merkur 37C Slant - Blue Bird #1 - Pre PREP - The Body Shop shaving cream - Alumbre - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Bowling Green + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado14-12-10001.jpg

Tuesday evening

Merkur 33C & Wilkinson Sword (English) > Semogue 830 & Santa Maria Novella > Dominica Bay Rum > Santa Maria Novella Emulsione Analcolica > Amouage Dia Eau de Parfum

[Shower, Proraso pre/post and alum are standard part of pre & post preparation respectively on every shave, thus will be omitted regularly from my SOTD references from now on.]

Attachments

• SOTD_14Dec2010.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 90
Tuesday

Silver-plated Valet Autostrop, new Valet blade, Tabac stick, Razorock alum stick,
Body Shop Maca Root AS Balm, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

picsay-1292363622.jpg

First shave with this little beauty, which I've realised is silver-plated after seeing it in daylight for the first time. That would tie-in nicely with the monogrammed leather case and the 21-shilling price tag, I guess. A bargain for £4.99 then! The shave itself was a cracker - sure & smooth. The stiff blade (stropped on the unused, unmarked & supple-as-the-day-it-was-made strop) made light work of two days' growth, leaving me BBS and nick & irritation-free.

This razor has shot straight into my list of favourites - it really is a stunner. :D

lagaffe said:
Tuesday

Silver-plated Valet Autostrop, new Valet blade, Tabac stick, Razorock alum stick,
Body Shop Maca Root AS Balm, Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

picsay-1292363622.jpg

First shave with this little beauty, which I've realised is silver-plated after seeing it in daylight for the first time. That would tie-in nicely with the monogrammed leather case and the 21-shilling price tag, I guess. A bargain for £4.99 then! The shave itself was a cracker - sure & smooth. The stiff blade (stropped on the unused, unmarked & supple-as-the-day-it-was-made strop) made light work of two days' growth, leaving me BBS and nick & irritation-free.

This razor has shot straight into my list of favourites - it really is a stunner. :D

ohhhhhh, nice razor.

I've got three Valet's in shaver grade condition and had kinda resigned myself to never shaving with them, good to hear there are still useable blades out there.

DSC00378.JPG

Tuesday Night

Hot Bath
40's Style Superspeed
Gillette Swede (1)
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Palmolive Soap
Brut Lotion

Nice shave but I gave myself a decent cut on the side of my neck, about an inch or more out from the edge of my growth. Didn't feel it at the time and still not quite sure how it happened, swmba just noticed a big dod of blood on my neck. Not much of an issue for a late night shave but it's my bestest shaving realted injury in some time and I missed it.

Wednesday
Razor: Merkur 11c
Blade: SuperMax (blue)
Brush: Simpson T2
Soap: D R Harris Lavender

Back to the Fusion for me from tomorrow and damn the price - I'm not going to lose my house over the cost of a few cartridges a month.

Another sale thread coming soon.

Wednesday

Gillette Fusion
Simpsons 57 2 band super
MB Unscented
Thayers Unscented
Boots Unscented moisturiser

I don't really see any improvement in the fusion over the Mach 3, so as cartridges go I'll be switching as and when. Have a few weeks off from Friday so will be doing some DE shaving.

Tried some Brut AS and my face is a mess, so it's certainly fragrance that bothers me.

I'm getting an itch for a new brush.

wednesday

White proraso pre/post
NF2201
Nannys Ice and Slice with goat milk
EJ bull mastiff + Shark SS (1)
Alum
Thayers
Proraso ASB

1st time with shark. WOW! After 1st pass, was a DFS, 2nd pass, left very smooth, a few touch ups and that was it. Very little tingle from alum.
Soap is also very very nice. Just the right amount of menthol for me. brilliant.
Looking forward to trying the Shark chromes.

Wenesday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Monsavon
Aqua Velva a/s

I can't seem to get on with the Monsavon. I like the scent, but the performance is just poor compared to most other soaps.

Ian

Tuesday 14th December

La Toja stick - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette Aristocrat #16 - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2) - Ogallala Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorns AS

Same as yesterday. Shave still felt a bit rougher than the Fatboy-7 o'clock Yellow combo that I was using previously, but a good shave nonetheless.

Tuesday evening.

Got a call at 6:30pm to come over for dinner at a friends for 7:30pm.. needed a shave before.

I had to ponder, can I do a straight shave in a "rush"? (and knowing if Id' cock up I'd look like a twat)

Anyways, I decided that I might as well give it a shot!

Soap: Tabac
Razor: Gotta 120 5/8
Brush: NF 2211
Alum: Razorock
ASB: Nivea Sensitive
AS: Old Spice

All in all a good shave, I'd say as good as the previous one. Had a bit of difficulty face lathering with the Tabac, but turned out ok.
Only one tiny nick, but that stopped on cold facecloth :D

I still don't think I'd be able to do a "morning before work shave", I think that might be pushing my luck :D

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom