Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 11th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Gillette Super Silver
Brush: Omega 81052 Boar
Soap: Erasmic shavebowl

Decided to go for a razor/blade/soap that I've not likely tried before or if I had it was a long time ago. The much maligned Wilkinson Sword Classic performed well with a blade that I have previously found to be good but a touch rough in more aggressive razors. Erazmic shavebowl has a variable performance for me and today was no different but I suspect that is as much due to the Omega not yet being broken in.

Wednesday:
Hot towel
Butterscotch 'le Tuft' silvertip/Connaught Peppermint
Superspeed/365 Stainless (2)
Alum
Alt Innsbruck EDC

Good thick lather and refreshing shave from the Connaught and better, smoother performance today with the 365.
Do like the Alt Innsbruck! :)

:) Nice one today.
regards, beejay

beejay said:
Wednesday:
Hot towel
Butterscotch 'le Tuft' silvertip/Connaught Peppermint
Superspeed/365 Stainless (2)
Alum
Alt Innsbruck EDC

Good thick lather and refreshing shave from the Connaught and better, smoother performance today with the 365.
Do like the Alt Innsbruck! :)

:) Nice one today.
regards, beejay

Thanks to you beejay, I used the Alt Innsbruck pre/post shave emulsion after my shave, face is smooth and citrusy. I have up until now only used it as a pre shave, but it will be moving from the start to the end of my shave.

Sam

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, two band
Razor: Wacker
Soap: MWF
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Got a bit stressed this morning (wife wanted a lift and tells me to late :roll: :evil:). But my new Wacker delivered, I think it has something special going - it´s a classic Solingen blade, singing and all, but yet it feels more stiff than others ... And I love these scales, they´re extremly nice! A special thanks go to Neil, edge was very nice and my new cardovan strop is da tits :lol: - Thank you! :D
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SOTD/PC1400042800x630.jpg :D

Wednesday, 12-15-10.

Soap from Aleppo - TGN Silvertip Grade "A" 18mm. - Merkur 12C Barberpole open comb - Blue Bird #2 - Pre PREP - Col Conk Almond - Alumbre - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Pinaud Clubman + ASB PREP.

Afeitado15-12-10001-1.jpg

Gave my newly acquired Flare tip Rocket a go 10mins after i found it on the step this afternoon.
Mama bears ginger limes, lathered with the NF2211. A new Shark blade, and the normal prep and post.
Good shave overall, Nicer than the SS flare tip. Skin is still tingling a little 20mins after the shave, so a little irritation i don't get with the HD rocket. Nice a close though and a good smell. Considering i had problems with the mama bears when i first got it, this shave proved how good it is. Massive amounts of thick, slick lather.
Nice shave. :D

Wednesday, 12.15.10

Hot Towel Prep
Cella Shave Cream
New Forest #2201 Superior Badger
Wacker Old Sheffield #4 Near Wedge
SRD P1 Strop .. 30 Linen/60 Leather
Drug Store Brand Witch Hazel (MY favorite!)
Nivea AS Balm
Lucky Tiger Aspen AS

A good workmanlike shave, for a blue collar kinda guy!

IMG_2673-2.jpg

Muhle R41
Chubby 1
Tabac Shaving Soap
The Body Shop's 'Face Protector'

Same set up daily for a while now. Would gladly use this gear until about April when the Tabac scent is a little less seasonal.

Wednesday - my first DE Anniversary shave

Merkur Futur, Shaving Shack Israeli blade, Omega cream
Shaving Shack Value bristle brush *
Anniversary%20Shave.jpg

It was either the 14th or 15th last year when my Merkur, cream, blades & brush arrived and I had my first DE shave at the age of 42. I waited until today to celebrate since I wasn't exactly sure of the date! I think I actually used the Merkur blade for my first shave, but since I don't have it any more I had to use a Shaving Shack Israeli (which came in my original package anyway). I've come a long way in the last year, and now at least know pretty much what I'm doing - so today's shave was comfortable, nick-free and there was no razor-burn (from using too much pressure and too thin & dry a lather a year ago). It's been a year where shaving has gone from being a chore that was best avoided for as long as possible to a daily routine that is both deeply relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable - not to mention a year of RAD which has left me with around 40 razors, 4 straights, 3 brushes and far too many soaps, creams, balms and after-shaves!!

Here's to the next year!

(* In addition to the original kit, I finished off today with a Razorock alum stick, Simple for Men AS Balm and Pinaud Clubman AS lotion).

Wednesday

Only had a 1 pass WTG this morning, so had enough stubble for some evening straight practice.

KROPP 5/8
New Forest 2201
Coates Sandalwood Shaving Cream*
Alum
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Getting better. Comfortable and closer. Raised the blade angle a bit to catch the stubble better, and it worked. Neck is a problem as I can't properly go WTG. Some bits were a bit sore, but once the alum had been and gone, all was well.

**If anybody has any of this that they don't want/like - please PM me.

Ian

lagaffe said:
Wednesday - my first DE Anniversary shave

Merkur Futur, Shaving Shack Israeli blade, Omega cream
Shaving Shack Value bristle brush *
<snipped>

It was either the 14th or 15th last year when my Merkur, cream, blades & brush arrived and I had my first DE shave at the age of 42. I waited until today to celebrate since I wasn't exactly sure of the date! I think I actually used the Merkur blade for my first shave, but since I don't have it any more I had to use a Shaving Shack Israeli (which came in my original package anyway). I've come a long way in the last year, and now at least know pretty much what I'm doing - so today's shave was comfortable, nick-free and there was no razor-burn (from using too much pressure and too thin & dry a lather a year ago). It's been a year where shaving has gone from being a chore that was best avoided for as long as possible to a daily routine that is both deeply relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable - not to mention a year of RAD which has left me with around 40 razors, 4 straights, 3 brushes and far too many soaps, creams, balms and after-shaves!!

Here's to the next year!

(* In addition to the original kit, I finished off today with a Razorock alum stick, Simple for Men AS Balm and Pinaud Clubman AS lotion).

*The band in the wings strikes up a jaunty, syncopated tune and the plush velvet curtains rise on a string of sepia-toned chorus dancers*

Yadda-dee da dahn-dah!

• Happy birthday to your shave,
    Happy birthday to your shave
    Happy birthday, happy birthday,
    Happy birthday to your shave.

• ... we really mean it! [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
        • Hap-py birthhh-dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ... [/list:u]
                • ... toooooooooooo ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                                • ... youuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa -aaaaaa - aaaaaaa - aaaaaaaa - aaaaaaave!

• ... and ma-ny-y-y mor-rrrre.[/list:u][/list:u]

Wednesday Evening:

• - Minora 3-Piece
    • (all-metal, open comb, but substituted stainless steel handle for aluminium one it came with)[/list:u]
      - Lion Super stainless
      - Nanny's Ice & a Slice (with Goat Milk & hold the Clay)
      - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
      - Alcolado Glacial
      • ... "the Air-Conditioner in a bottle"[/list:u][/list:u]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom