Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 11th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 in Best
Soap: Palmolive stick
After: Old Spice

If shaving gets any better than this I'm yet to experience it.

Sure, I get the odd twinge for another bash at the Feather AC or for an ancient Hoffritz open-comb 'James Bond' razor loaded with UK-made Wilkinson Sword blades or an ivory-handled Plisson brush or some vintage Floris Rose Geranium shaving soap or Yardley lavender aftershave . . . but, at the end of the day, the stuff you can pick up from any old supermarket is just as good.

Thursday, 12-16-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue Limited Edition 2009 - Merkur 25C open comb - Astra Superior Platinum #1 - Pre 3P - Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla + ASB 444.

Afeitado16-12-10001-1.jpg

Urban Hermit said:
lagaffe said:
Wednesday - my first DE Anniversary shave

Merkur Futur, Shaving Shack Israeli blade, Omega cream
Shaving Shack Value bristle brush *
<snipped>

It was either the 14th or 15th last year when my Merkur, cream, blades & brush arrived and I had my first DE shave at the age of 42. I waited until today to celebrate since I wasn't exactly sure of the date! I think I actually used the Merkur blade for my first shave, but since I don't have it any more I had to use a Shaving Shack Israeli (which came in my original package anyway). I've come a long way in the last year, and now at least know pretty much what I'm doing - so today's shave was comfortable, nick-free and there was no razor-burn (from using too much pressure and too thin & dry a lather a year ago). It's been a year where shaving has gone from being a chore that was best avoided for as long as possible to a daily routine that is both deeply relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable - not to mention a year of RAD which has left me with around 40 razors, 4 straights, 3 brushes and far too many soaps, creams, balms and after-shaves!!

Here's to the next year!

(* In addition to the original kit, I finished off today with a Razorock alum stick, Simple for Men AS Balm and Pinaud Clubman AS lotion).

*The band in the wings strikes up a jaunty, syncopated tune and the plush velvet curtains rise on a string of sepia-toned chorus dancers*

Yadda-dee da dahn-dah!

• Happy birthday to your shave,
    Happy birthday to your shave
    Happy birthday, happy birthday,
    Happy birthday to your shave.

• ... we really mean it! [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
        • Hap-py birthhh-dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ... [/list:u]
                • ... toooooooooooo ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                                • ... youuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa -aaaaaa - aaaaaaa - aaaaaaaa - aaaaaaave!

• ... and ma-ny-y-y mor-rrrre.[/list:u][/list:u]

• Why thank you. My kit is delighted by your song :D

Thursday, 12.16.10

Hot Towel Prep
MEM w/Olive Oil Shave Cream
New Forest 2211 Finest Silvertip
G.H. Pumacker Black Diamond Spike
Tony Miller Artisan Strop ... 30 Linen/ 60 Latigo
Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS

IMG_2683-2.jpg

N_Architect said:
No. 55 & Wilkinson Sword > Semogue 830 & Pre de Provence > Aqua Velva > Santa Maria Novella pre/dopo crema > Guerlain L'Instant EdT

[will post a pic when I get back from work today]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/lars7/TSR/SOTD_16Dec.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68 ... _16Dec.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Merkur HD
W/Sword x1 [black box]
W/Sword boar
Palmolive
Germolene

Thought I'd try a blade I've used in the past and have forgotten what they are like. I'm not grumbling, a decent shave away.Not sure why the change from a white box to a black, more than likely just cosmetic. Germolene just because it was there not because it was a bad shave.

Muhle R41
Chubby 1
Valobra Soap Stick
TSB FAce Protector

Valobra stick is as good as I have encountered, lathers as good or better than Tabac with a subtle, faintly vanilla soapy scent. Just wish it was available in puck form.

AdamSmith said:
Just wish it was available in puck form.

The rumour is that Valobra makes shaving soap for "Art Of Shaving" and "Czech & Speake" so, in a way, it is available in puck form.

Hot towel prep.
Gillette President
Bleue Blade
TOBS Sandalwood Cream.
Resyke Brush.
A/S Bay Rum, Lime and Peppercorn.
1st time using this razor, was expecting a much more aggressive shave but nice and easy. No burn and clean shave after 2 passes & a tidy up.

Thursday Evening:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
      - Big Ben Blue Super stainless
      - Everest shave cream by Kalina
      - Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
      ... it's as cool as a cucumber, & my moobs are ... like ... melons?
      - Everest ASC, also by Kalina
      - Alcolado Glacial ASL
      ... yes, it's the Air Conditioner in a bottle.[/list:u][/list:u]

Thursday

Gottlieb Hammesfahr "Pyramide" 5/8 round point
New Forest silvertip

Nanny's lavender soft soap
Taylor's sandalwood aftershave.

No SOTD for the last three days from me, 'cos I've been growing a beard in preparation for this one. The razor is a just completed restoration and rescale job for a very patient gentleman here, who was looking for something a little different. I'm pretty confident he'll be happy with the scales, but it's an absolute certainty that he'll love the blade because it's fantastic, in a twitchy, noisy, extra hollow sort of way. It came sharp remarkably easily (I loath honing normally, but if all razors were like this one I wouldn't mind it at all), and made short work of all that stubble. Result: Mr Clean :D This razor is the first of two, the second will be along shortly.

Attachments

• Hammesfahr front 600.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 85
Thursday Evening

Hot bath.
Irisch Moos.
IKon 24 mm silvertip chubby.
Aristocrat.
Feather (1).
Penksniffs ASB.

Very close and nick free the aristocrat and feather combo provided lots of feedback aggresive yet smooth! :D

Friday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 (two band) Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
After: Taylor of Old Bond St #74 Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom