Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrowhead said:
Thursday

Gottlieb Hammesfahr "Pyramide" 5/8 round point
New Forest silvertip

Nanny's lavender soft soap
Taylor's sandalwood aftershave.

No SOTD for the last three days from me, 'cos I've been growing a beard in preparation for this one. The razor is a just completed restoration and rescale job for a very patient gentleman here, who was looking for something a little different. I'm pretty confident he'll be happy with the scales, but it's an absolute certainty that he'll love the blade because it's fantastic, in a twitchy, noisy, extra hollow sort of way. It came sharp remarkably easily (I loath honing normally, but if all razors were like this one I wouldn't mind it at all), and made short work of all that stubble. Result: Mr Clean :D This razor is the first of two, the second will be along shortly.

Nicely done Andy! What material is it? Acrylic?

HD + 2nd day W/Sword
W/Sword boar
GFT Coconutoil soap
DRH Milk

Only the second day with the Wilki blade and it started to drag making it feel very dry on the skin. Although it was a clean enough shave I don't think we'll be friends for life. I think you can't will a blade to work it either will or it wont! GFT Coconut was as forgiving as ever.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
MWF
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
older version of 'Jacomo de Jacomo' EdT

Same exact set up these last two shaves. The MWF is a soap I can get into a groove with pretty easily. I may use this 5-6 times in a row sometimes, and then put it away for weeks at a time. Really a good product, especially if you like the smell of roast mutton. Yummy!

I used this EdT the last few days and it was a very good buy. Reminds me a bit of some of other scent, but can't remember what.......sheesh.

BBS results,

Martin

Rub Down With Snow
Boil up in a billy can on a gas stove.
Palmolive Stick
Cheapo 59p moulting dog hair brush from Wilkinsons
Gillette Ball End Tech
Gillette 7 O' Clock Yellow.
More Snow
Hugo Boss.

Monster shave rash all over my neck, but feels lovely and smooth.
Away in the Caravan!

missingskin said:
Thanks for all the kind words guys, Angio was going well until I heard the words "get the head surgeon now please!"
It turns out a lot of the small blood vessels are blocking up and now I have a back flow to deal with as well.......(This means my heart valves are leaking........... :( :( ).
But on the up side I am still alive and a stubborn twat, so not planning on shuffling off this mortal coil anytime soon.
So sorry no razors on BST just yet........... :p :p

Thanks for the update, Steve. I'm sure that they're coming up with a plan of action to get yer pipes cleaned out.

My Dad is in for his Angio next week.

Ian

missingskin said:
But on the up side I am still alive and a stubborn twat, so not planning on shuffling off this mortal coil anytime soon.

That's the spirit Steve, spoil their Christmas! Chin up my friend...

I'm on my break / I'm going on my break / I'm just back from my break. (Then substitute break for hand-over). You'll be fine. Sharp scratch. I'll be there in two minutes. I'll just do your BP. This won't hurt. You must have heard the whole lexicon by now.

Friday 12.17.10

Shave-ware

Razor: OC New type Gillette BRW Bull Mastiff handle w/flare tip & Derby blade
Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair
Lather: MWF soap
other: Vintage rice bowl
Aftershave: Floid Blue Italian

Result: Crisp and clean!

Have a great day gents!

Friday

5/8 J.Gleave & Son Hollow Ground
Arko stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

No shave yesterday, so an extra day's growth today - no problem for this straight. BBS. Lovely.

Arrowhead said:
Thank you Ivan, it is indeed acrylic, and it comes in a variety of colours. As Mikael has pointed out to me, very Christmassy :D

Moment I saw this I went straight to Resto forum in hopes of more pictures. How many restores have you done? I don't recall seeing any at SR too. I'm looking forward to many more! It's really well done.

lagaffe said:
Friday

5/8 J.Gleave & Son Hollow Ground
Arko stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

No shave yesterday, so an extra day's growth today - no problem for this straight. BBS. Lovely.

Nice to see straights working out for you. Any others in your rotation?

How's your X1 coming along? Is it broken in already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom