Shave of the day W/C Sat 18 Jun 11

Slow Shaving said:
My first shave with the new T&H Nº 10 shaving cream; a really good stuff.

Continuing the theme:

Hot shower
Merkur 34C, Boots (2)
T&H #10 (first use), face lathered
New Forest T2
Trumper's Lime skin food

A mixed shave. Positives: three passes only and as smooth as yesterday in five; really liked the cream, lathers quickly and beatifully, did three thick lathers and had loads left; blood all on the inside still. Negatives: had the worst patch of irritation I've had in years just to the side of my goatee (discovered only when rinsing, OW), which is at least settling down quickly. No idea how I did that, didn't notice anything in that area as I shaved. The bits where it was seeming to "snag" were fine.

This more aggressive razor seems to almost snag a little and occasionally just catch and then skip. What am I doing wrong? Blade angle too steep?

Monday
Omega 31052 brush/C.O Bigelow SC/Merkur 34C HD with Treet Classic/Every Man Jack Gel
P1220010.jpg

Monday Night:

• - Le Tuft's bespoke Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
      - Gillette (India) 365 stainless blade
      - Nanny's high-luxury Sandalwood cre-oap
      - MICAlum stick
      - Humphrey's Jasmine witch hazel
      - Floid (Italian) Blue ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Chubby 2
Truefitt & Hill West Indian limes
Alum
L'Occitane Bavx balm + Propolis
Duru Lemon cologne

A refreshing clean and invigorating shave, the Feather moved over my face as graceful as a Ballet dancer, two pass shave, with minor touch up, l'm liking the Duru lemon cologne big time more of a everyday splash rather than a full on cologne, the Mother inlaw brought back six bottles from Turkey, so I have enough to last me a few years. :D

Jamie.

untitledn.png

Tuesday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC
Razor: Nesbitt´s Crown Razor
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Mr Uberclean :D
007800x576.jpg

Tuesday

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Lord platinum (1st use of these blades - still working through my sample pack of blades)
Soap: ToOBS sandalwood
Brush: EJ Black badger

Afterwards: Nivea sensitive balm

Shaved: 1 WTG, 2 XTG, touch up areas XTG

Result: Very smooth, no weepers. Technique improving on shaving areas like the jawline and neck ;)

TUESDAY:shave
Razor: Merkur 15c OC head, Vintage Gillette Ball End handle
Blade: Asco
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood Soap
AS: Barbershop Bay Rum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday

5/8 'Michael Wilding' unbranded
Mama Bear's Aged Spice
Kent BK4
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

Tuesday:

New Forest 2201
Dovo 1516 "The Plastic Tortoise"

Nanny's Yushu
Witch hazel
Trumpers Wild Fern cologne

Just honed, and finished on "Mikael's stone". What used to be a mild mannered razor is now a vicious ninja-sharp brute - excellent very close shave, that.

Hot shower
New Forest T2
TOBS lemon and lime, face lathered
Merkur 34C, Boots (3)
KoS balm

Not as easy a shave as with the Jagger, but nice. No problems on that irritated patch, three passes face and four neck, very clean with no sting on rinse and all the blood on the inside. Cheerful.

Back
Top Bottom