Shave of the day W/C Sat 18 Jun 11

Mikael said:
Yes, it´s a Klas Törnblom (was a NOS blank/blade when I found it in Eskilstuna :D). Funny thing: I was going to complement you for your scales on that lovely vintage Thiers? Not original I think, very nice pair!

Difficult to know if scales are original, they were there when I got it and very dirty to boot! But not all Thiers razors had pointed ends...

Sunday

Merkur 11c
Supermax SS (3)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Ingrams' Cream

Proraso ASB
Proraso AS

Three pass, face lathered.

Cracking shave! These Supermax blades have proven to be terrific (for me), with a range of razors, so another 200 have been ordered at only £5.99. Imprest levels remain stable....

:shave

Sunday - Fathers Day

Gold Dollar 208 [fixed] - NF 2213 Chunky - Vulfix Old Original English Rose Cream - Alum - Givenchy Gentleman AS
2wlrgwm.jpg

The cream was a Fathers day gift, so its my 1st use. I was told Vulfix creams were on a par with the 3 T's and I am pleased to say that it didn't disappoint either in performance or fragrance and with 225ml in the pot its great VFM too :)

No its a cheap Chinese razor with fake carbon fiber scales. I paid about £9 for mine, quality control is poor so they usually need fixing before you can hone them properly however the steel is good enough to take a decent edge.

Sunday

Gillette Red Tip Rocket, NOS Bleue Extra
Weleda Cream
Weleda AS

Well... what to make of it... the Weleda Cream is very much in the stiff cream/semi-soft soap bracket - considerably stiffer than most other creams I've used at least. Very pleasant cooling sensation and very effective, thick, creamy lather.

Weleda AS - no danger of sploshing too much out the bottle... quite the reverse, the nozzle is on the small side so vigorous activity required to dispense it. Nice going on and a very gentle scent (to my nose at least).

Sunday 19th June

Blenheim Bouquet SC - SOC 2-band - Gillette Tech - Gillette Super Thin - Witch hazel - Blenheim Bouquet EdT

5d6a8617.jpg

First time I've bowl lathered in months, don't know why I bothered. The lather's never as good and it takes longer.
Oh well, lesson learnt.

Sunday, 06-19-11. MUSIC: Steely Dan.

watch

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Perma-Sharp Super #1 - Pre Myrsol emulsión - Institut de Karité shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado19-06-11-1.jpg

Sunday

Milk Churn
Mama Bears Turkish Mocca
Tech Ball End
Gillette Yellow
Myrsol Emulsion

I had not had a shave since early Friday morning due to taking my Cub Pack on camp. After a very wet and muddy weekend I was glad to remove the stubble and mud. After 2 passes I decided enough was enough, and the cider was was calling me.

Sunday Evening

Hot water and sponge prep
Merkur 38C
MWF
Vulfix 404
Woodhead scuttle
Clinique scruffing lotion 2.5
Trumpers Lime Skin Food

Decided to try something different tonight and loaded the brush with MWF and decided to have a go at building the lather in the scuttle.

Worked very well too. However I may have 'overloaded' as I had quite a bit of waste at the end.

Lovely creamy lather though. Very cushioning.

I'd give tonight an 8/10. On the plus side barely any cuts or irritation, on the minus side I noticed that I'd missed a couple of spots under my jawline. I missed them yesterday too so they are now on my post shave checklist!

Hot shower
New Forest T2
Proraso soap (white), face lathered
Merkur 34C (first use)
Boots blade (1)
Nivea ASB

A tiny and convincing razor which I felt good about immediately - and it stands on the end of the handle, which is right and proper. My only two-piece razor, the variety is nice. Had a very nice and incident-free shave after three passes, but (as a creature without self-discipline) could not resist finishing up to polished billiard ball status with two more neck passes, acquiring a couple of very minor weepers, cold-water-closed, in the process. Even the third pass was bordering on BBS.

Early days, but I think I like this thing, and I definitely like the short, knurled handle. First time face-lathering the Proraso - very passable lather and a nice feel, but I suspect I could do better. More water, or less, or something ;).

Back
Top Bottom