Soap: IK
Razor: F. Delolme, Thiers. 6/8
A/S Balm: Lierac (scent too strong)

Shower
EJ 89
Shark SS (2)
TOBS Lime
Water to finish off...

Also got a Gillette Bleue in a Gillette Super Speed to try on one of the passes.

Was about 5 passes this morning rather than the normal 3-4 and probably best shave i've had for ages.

Saturday

3/8 'Wepag AG' Puma
Tabac soap
Kent BK4
Simple for Men AS Balm
Tabac AS

Didn't shave yesterday, so slicing through denser-than-normal growth was a good test of my honing abilities on this newly-restored little razor. Sharp as you-know-what, and a lovely little shaver. It's my first full restoration - I've got three other blades ready to re-pin back into the original or new scales, but the Puma got there first. Quite chuffed with myself :D

Hot shower
TOBS lemon and lime cream, face lathered
New Forest T2
Gillette Slimtwist
Boots blade (5)
KoS balm

I think I might be a face lathering convert. Very nice indeed, and plenty in the brush for four+ passes. Used the KoS balm tonight for that lovely refrigerant effect. Passes down, up, and then left on the face, left-down then left-up on the neck.

No dragging or catching from the blade but probably not quite as readily clean as before, so may be time to replace. I may christen the Merkur tomorrow.

Face scrub - Superdrug
Cream - Ingrams
Razor - Chatsworth Barley
Blade - Derby
Bowl - ASDA black ramekin pot inside a Robert Dyas ramekin filled with hot water to keep the smaller pot warm
Brush - Men U boar
Post shave - One Planet balm.

WTG and XTG. I have a styled beard so I shave WTG from the side burn down to the hair line, then XTG from the moustache back to the side burns. Then in reverse order - WTG from moustache, XTG along the hair line back to the side burns. XTG either side of a tuft below my lower lip. WTG below the chin, with some XTG if needed.

Tepid water rinse twice.

MichaelS said:
Mikael said:
[

Yesterdays shave was lousy and I didn´t want to write about it ;-), but the blade is nice, so she gets an appearance (custom made scales by Neil, with MOP inlays):

Very original scales, is the blade Swedish?

Yes, it´s a Klas Törnblom (was a NOS blank/blade when I found it in Eskilstuna :D). Funny thing: I was going to complement you for your scales on that lovely vintage Thiers? Not original I think, very nice pair!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: Dorko
Cream: Fitjar Neroli
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: result, uberclean :D
Wow, another great shave, I´m on a roll this weekend :D
004800x634.jpg

PS
Moody´s a herritic and I think we should dress him in tar and feathers, and then he can try and shave that off with an electric ;) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom