Wednesday morning
Prep: Hot shower + Proraso
Brush: Henks olive wood silvertip
Razor: Dorko
Cream: Connaught peppermint
AS: Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

I didn´t ecxept much from this soap, to be honest, but it´s really good. Strong, dense and long lived lather, I would have liked it to be a little more slippery, but that´s what i think of a lot of soaps (and I suspect that you can´t have a very dense/compact/cushion lather combined with excellent slip).
011800x505.jpg

Wednesday 8th June

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream - Simpson Chubby 1 Best - Majestic open-comb - Shark Super Stainless - TOBS Eton College AS - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet AS

:shave This shaving cream is fantastic, lathers like a dream and the scent is intoxicating. It was my first try with it and the lather was pretty much spot on. Also, first shave with the Majestic, pretty decent job although I may need to tweak the technique a little bit. The razor's a bit lighter in the head than the only other open-comb that I have a lot of experience with, a Gillette NEW #88. The TOBS AS matches with the Blenheim Bouquet scent pretty well.

Only downside is that over the last few weeks, all of a sudden the Chubby has started to lose a couple of hairs per shave. :( Should I be worried? I'll give it a clean and comb out sometime this week and see if that sorts it out.

Wednesday

Merkur 38C
Shark Super Stainless Blade*
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Soap
Bulldog asb

*Another blade from my "must try" pile. I have used the Super Chrome verison of the Shark blade for some time, and rate it highly. The SS version is very useable, but not quite as sharp/smooth as the chrome, which is what I expected.

Ian

Wednesday

Hot towl
Gillette Fatboy (Setting 2)
Feather double edge razor blade
Vulfix 404 Brush (Boar/badger mix)
Palmolive for Men Classic Palm Extract Shave Cream
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers skin food (Sandalwood)
Proraso aftershave Lotion

Sometimes I do forget how good the Palmolive really if for such a cheap price.

A simple two pass shave (WTG and XTG) with a nice splash of Proraso aftershave let me feeling more refreshed than I started the morning (on late shift 1200 till 2000 hrs this week).

A relaxing shave that left me ready to face the day.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Pomco slant/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS

Three shaves down with this latest slant and it's been more enjoyable than I ever figured it to be. Yeah, this one seems a little milder than the other slants I've tried over the years, which is good for me. Does a very good job on my neck and leaves me with a little closer than usual shave all over. Just like using a regular straight bar razor, so no technique tweaking is needed.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Pomco 005 (Small).jpg
    Pomco 005 (Small).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 39
Wednesday, 06-08-11. MUSIC: Visage_LP_Fade to Grey.

images

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Merkur 37C Slant - Super-Max Super Platinum #1 - Pre 3P - Valobra shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Massimo Dutti - ASL Physical.

Afeitado08-06-11.jpg

rkur 34C-HD
Gilletter 7 OClock blade
New forest finest silvertip
Truefitt & Hill West Indian limes
Alum
L'Occitane Bavx balm + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Weather very uninspiring here in Wales, two pass shave with minor clean up, West Indian limes and the New Forest brush sure do whip up some lather, more to the point, the shave was enjoyable and technically correct.

Jamie

0025-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom