Saturday

Hot Shower
Merkur 38B
Feather (4)
TOBS Eton College Cream
Semogue 610
GFT Lime Skin Food
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Decent shave considering it was a 4th shave with the same blade. That's probably the limit though.
Sunday

Hot Shower
Gillette Tech
Big Ben (2)
TOBS Jermyn Street
Kent BK4
GFT Lime Skin Food

Monday

Hot Shower
Gillette Tech
Big Ben (2)
C&E Sienna Cream
Unbranded Badger Brush
GFT Lime Skin Food

Don't get me wrong, I like the Tech, but I prefer the weightiness and aggressiveness of the Merkur 38B. I would like some more variety in my razors, so I might start looking at maybe a slant or open comb for variety. Absolutely loving the Lime Skin Food and Jermyn Street Cologne - these look set to be frequent parts of my daily routine for a while.

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE89 - Gillette Superthin blade - Palmolive soap in a ramekin - Vie Long Hoger - Alum
348n2wg.jpg

That razor and that blade are a winning combo, for me. BBS in 2 passes and no sting from the alum.

New to me razor today.
Gillette ABC Basket Weave handle '04 style. Head is the standard '04 thin head and OC guard. Handle is the decorative basket weave that ABC made for Gillette.
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Razor: Gillette ABC Basket Weave
Blade: Red Personna
Brush: boar
Soap: Derby shave cream
Aftershave: Masters Bay Rum
The shave was typical of the '04's comfortable and efficient. Two passes W/ATG and it was an acceptable shave. The main difference between this razor and the standard is size of the handle and it's weight...super light! (and still a great shave in 2passes)!

Fido said:
I've managed to figure out how to get the best out of the many brushes I've tried. One has eluded me:

http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/wee-scot.html

I got in another fine mess this morning. It didn't help I was digging deep into what's left of my Martin de Candre in a jar. Lather is fine but gets all over the handle and compared with larger brushes it's so much less comfortable to apply. It's just too small. I'll give it a go using a soap stick - I don't recall trying that. If that doesn't go well it will be for display only- it's a bit of an icon so I ought to have one in the collection. Or perhaps not....

BEWARE THE MAN WITH ONLY ONE 'BRUSH', FOR HE KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Henk, silvertip 21 mm in oak handle
Razor: Bengal (with one "L"!?) cast steel in non original scales
Superlather: Henks Dutch Moss + Irish Moos
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D

011800x586.jpg

Simpson Tulip 2
Tabac soap
#21 Aristocrat
Personna med prep blade

Back to the Aristocrat. Two passes and no need to go any further. This is definitely my no. 1 razor - shaves closer than a Fatboy on 9, but very smooth and comfortable in use.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields two band badger
1958 Executive/Polsilver
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Dr.Ci: Labo Aqua-Collagen-Gel
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

Thanks to my main enabler (Bob Otten) for providing me the chance to finally try a Polsilver blade. Got out the control razor and soap and gave this combo a try this morning. Very nice blade.....reminds me of the Iridium and SharpEdge types. I can see why these are a popular choice.

BBS results,

Martin

Not very long ago this morning, in a bathroom not too far away.

Music by Led Zeppelin: III

How shower prep.
Gillette Slim Adjustable
C&S No. 88 shave soap
Polsilver blade (2)
NF 2207

Grand lather, still uncertain about the blade. Had irritation after two passes + touchups, which I am not used to getting now.
Next shave will be with the same blade transplanted into a fixed head (EJ de89 Barley) to see what kind of shave it delivers.

Finished off with a stingy alum swipe, Floid Vigoroso, Proraso Pre-Post, ultimately some C&S No. 88 Cologne.

Not bad.

Botanics face scrub
Razor Feather AC-SS
Blade Feather Light
Simpsons Chubby 1 in super
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Coty Raw Vanilla.

Jamie.

Great shave two pass shave, the Chubby 1 as a lovely feel to it perfect size knot if i'm honest, prefer this brush over the Chubby 2.

003.jpg

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), ProGuard blade (1)
Trumper's Limes soap
New Forest Tubby 2
Trumper's limes skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

First time with the wood-handled model. I think the weight is different, feels lovely in the hand. First time with a Trumper's soap too. All very pleasing - three passes, bbs-.

Back
Top Bottom