Shave of the day w/c 19/11/2011

Slim Adjustable on 6 with vintage Made in England Wilkinson Sword blade
D R Harris Marlborough cream
TOBS shaving shop gel

First of the selection of vintage blades Dodgy kindly PIFfed (and I will in turn PIF later). These are nice blades. Smooth Sharp, no irritation. No weepers either. With this set up they just seemed to work. Shave was very close. No soreness. How every shave should be. And unlike modern wilki they don't tug!

Thursday 24th November

MdC - SOC 2-band - Merkur Progress - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow - Ogallala BR L&P

The Progress was new for today's shave. I'll need to find the right settings and angle but it performed well.​

Thursday

With plenty of time in hand I decided it was squad rotation day, just to try something new.

Edwin Jagger sandalwood cream*
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (4 I think)
EJ sandalwood balm*

* Both these products are new to me. (They were samples recieved from the Tradtitional Shaving Co).
Great performance, pleasant (if slightly sweet) smell.

Back of the net.

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Superthin blade
Palmolive Cream
Vie Long Horse/Badger Mix
Alum
Pashana Original

A little short on time, but a great shave none the less, Pashana is becoming my signature scent.

This morning:

Nivea face wash
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), ProGuard blade (3)
Pre de Provence soap
New Forest Tubby 2
Bulldog ASB
Penhaligon's Endymion cologne

Lovely, lovely shave.

RE: Thursday morning

N_Architect said:
Tom Ford Azure Lime Eau de Parfum

How you doin K,

I gotta say that Tom Ford juice is by far the best lime frag I've huffed over the years. Lasts much longer than the usual lime scents, which you probably already know.

Don't know if you like amber, but their version is dark and intense, with a strong woody note, rather than sweet or powdery. Very straight ahead single note blast that's masculine to my nose. Tom Ford frags are worth the high price.

Oh yeah, congrats on that huge bunch of wonderfulness you recently acquired. Whew......I hope new members don't see what can happen. Hah, they also probably wouldn't realise that was only your regular 'Haul of the Month' items.

Really great eclectic selection there,

Martin

Thanksgiving
Thought i'd try something special...
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Razor: Gillette Tuckaway 1920
Blade: Personna red
Brush: horse
Soap: Vergulde Hand
Aftershave: Masters Bay Rum
First time with both the razor and the soap! The razor for being 90yrs old was excellent. Only fault that I found was that the handle could have been a little longer. The soap was also excellent. Thank you for including me in the group purchase.
(amazing that for being centuries old that it still lathered up that well! :)-)

Thursday 11-24-11. MUSIC: Benny Goodman.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran 25X53 Blonde Badger - Gillette President - Perma-Sharp #3 - Pre JASÖN - Avon Gentelmen Regiment vintage shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Pinaud Classic Vanilla.

24-11-2011001.jpg

Pre-shave: Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil Pre - shave Soap
Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Ted Pella PTFE Treated SE
Brush: Elite Razor 24mm Silver Tip
Soap: Combo of La Toja Stick on face & Irisch Moos in brush - face lathered

First time with the Streamline - VERY close shave after 3 passes. Lost my concentration and started thinking about Natasha Kinski in "Cat People" and suffered a minor flesh wound to the neck. But over-all a great shave!!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row #205? badger (old flopmeister)
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Stainless Steel (NOS)
Trumpers Violet SC
SebaMed AS Balsam
Hermes 'eau de Cologne' (old bottle)

This brush rarely calls to me anymore, but today it was about perfect. Larger knot than any of the others I have, and not so hot for soaps. Creams though, that's another story. Did quite a nice job with the Violet cream sample, sent by my dealer....I mean buddy Robert. Believe it or not, I had never tried this product before.

Charles over at QED told me years ago that Trumpers Violet was the most popular cream ordered from his site. I'm pretty sure he meant all the cream brands he stocks, and not just among the Trumper ones. This one was a pleasure to use.

Mixed up quite easily with the SR brush, with very thick and luscious looking lather. Cushion and slip were both better than average and the post shave skin care was fine. Heh, you gotta love creams when it comes to making great looking lather.

The scent really isn't for me, although I did like trying it and I can see how it could be popular. Yeah, I'm probably in the minority on that.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom