Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: Gotta 120
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Prada
Edt: Pacco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D

Ahh, nice one! Nannys soaps are really good and for me her soaps and Provence Santé and MdC feels somehow related in how the lather feels and how they behave + they all have a lovely "after shave" treatment.
013800x578.jpg

Nice picture Saturn! I can alsmost feel those bristels on my face :D

Saturday:

Tech head/Jagger de87 handle
Voskhod
Neep cigar band silvertip
La Toja soap

Utterly luxurious lathering from the Neep and La Toja. I tried the Tech/Jagger combo again, this time with a Voskhod. Once again, very clean results from 2 passes. Nice.

Saturday

Simpson Colonel
Joseph & Elliot 7/8 + Muhle R89
Polsilver (4)
La Toja Manantiales Shaving Soap
La Toja Aftershave
La Toja Aftershave Balm

I love this soap,I always get a great shave using it.Time to stock up before it disappears forever.:icon_sad:

Mark

Lovely shot there James.

Saturday am:

Feather SS with Kai Titan Mild
Speick stick
Frank Shaving Lindisfarne ivory
Aqua Velva (sample)

A nice one-pass shave, leaving London behind me as I type these words (in Heathrow Express train right now), gorgeous weather today and one more trip waiting for me tomorrow...

SATURDAY MORNING SHAVE

Hot bath and Bulldog face wash
Gillette Canadian Old
Nacet (2)
Vulfix 404
Mama Bears Lime
Alum
Trumper Lime skin food

Shaved with a feather touch and the result was a very smooth shave with two tiny nicks closed with alum.

You really have to take your time with a razor like this but it's well worth the effort.

Merkur 38R (Dipesh chose)
Feather (Jack Force chose)
D R Harris Arlington cream
Nivea aftershave balm

Razor and blade ploughed through two days of stubble easily. Got a few nicks though and sore round the neck. Don't use the 38R often - usually use lighter, smaller razors and have used Feather for a while. Was a close shave though. Just need to take my time and not get too complacent.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
Nannys Arabian Nights soft soap
Dr Ci: Labo Aqua-Colagen'-Gel
Aramis 'Havana' EdT (vintage juice)

Well, this blade is now my overall favorite. Yep, after three shaves I've found it to be even better than the Iridium for me. Performed just as well in both the Aristo and my go to Executive. Extremely smooth and very sharp, yet surprisingly forgiving. Heh, this is the reason I like trying new to me vintage blades.

First time ever trying the soft soap that Sharilyn creates, thanks to Mr Otten (my major enabler connection). He was nice enough to send me a number of those soft versions and I can see why her stuff is so popular. Just the right amount of cushion, with plenty of slick built into the mix. Post shave skin care is quite good as well. Very nice product.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Havana.jpg
    Havana.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 13
Birthday Shave

Dovo Prima Silver Steel - Body Shop Maca Root - Simpson 57 - Alum - Pashana Original AS
r87cxw.jpg

What a lovely blade, my birthday gift not new but unused, no honing needed just stropping. Now off out to have a few drinks.​

Back
Top Bottom