Music:

• Omega 11239 rubberised-handled boar
    Nanny's LE Yushu creoap
    Edwin Jagger DE87 razor
    Lion Super Stainless blade
    Thayers' Super Medicated witch hazel
    Benjamin's Bay Rum with Pimento ASL
    Boots Freshwood ASB

A warm-water shave with brilliantly cold rinses.
  • ... and as I'm single again, I can use my Bay Rums with impunity - as long as the new guinea pig pals are OK with them, that is.

• ... a lurvely shave to a fantastic new album, which was free for the asking from the band via their email/website.

• Reminiscent of The Slits, The Raincoats, Liliput, and such-like, added in with a bit of folk and some entrancing atmospheres - highly recommended by:
      • the Urban Hermit, a. k. a. ... me.

I used my Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley again, after a short interlude with the Merkur 25C Open Comb.

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley
Body Shop Maca Root face scrub
St James Of London Founders Reserve shaving cream
Omega Syntex 90065 shaving brush
Gillette 365 razor blade
One Planet balm.

I paid special attention to getting the angle of the razor right, to prevent tugging. The Chatsworth works well with the 365 blade.

Saturday afternoon:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (12)
Taylor's Lavender
Neep custom yew badger
Bulldog asb
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne

Three passes (s,w,n), bbs- and utterly comfortable. Another fantastic shave :).

Pre : Shower with soap from Aleppo 100% oliva
Razor : EJ DE89L
Blade : Lord cool :icon_frown:
Brush : Semogue 830
Moss Scuttle
Soap / Cream : Tabac + Tabac Shaving Cream
ASL : Tabac
ASB :Ej Aleo vera
EDC : Tabac

Razor: Ikon safety bar, loosened 1/4 turn.
Blade: Vintage Schick from Sir Dodgy
Cream: Tobs Jermyn street
Brush: Muhle Synthetic

Brilliant shave.

The ikon is known to be super mild, so I was looking at it last night and thought what noticed that when the handle is fully tight, the blade exposure goes, so I just loosened it slightly. The razor is perfect!

Also the Muhle, this is a surprise. When dry its silvertip soft, when wet its best badger. Has slight scritch which I like.

Lovely shave, BBS smooth.

L'Occitane Baux Soap
Razor Feather AC-SS
Feather Light blade
simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie.

I keep getting super shaves with the Feather AC-SS I like to think to get the best out of this razor you will need to forget about picking up your regular razor for at least a month and use it until you feel really comfortable with it, I also think setting the blade in the razor at the right depth can make a big difference to the shave, two pass shave super shave, I always hand over my face for inspection to my wife for her very critical feedback, passed with flying colours.

Sunday, 20.Nov.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue LE2009 #35
Goldex
Edwin Jagger DE89b Barley
Gillette Goal
Thayers Witch Hazel cucumber
Real Shaving Co. Daily Balm

P1050431.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Geo F Trumper/Simpson, Polo 14
Razors: Revisor + British GEM (for the head)
Superlather: Dr Harris, Almond + Palmolive cream
AS: Italian Blue Floid
Edt: Eucris, Geo F Trumper
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

That was one nice shave and one of those shaves that goes according to plan - a slow, enjoyable and comfortable Sunday shave :D
007800x779.jpg

It's behaving :D Monster for sure and with an extremly luxurious feeling, maybe not for your every day use though, lol. Painting strokes are the only ones possible and you need to use twice as much product compared to a Chubby 3 . It's my weekend brush :D

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Wilkinson Super Sword
CF Lime SC
Bulgari Pour Homme AS Emulsion
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

Yep, this is now officially my favorite blade. I know it's not gonna fit everyone the same way, but these things work pretty damn well for me. Four shaves so far and no sign of tugging or any other issues.

Wanna know the secret of great lather? Use a product like Castle Forbes Lime, and watch what happens. Very easy to mix up, and the results are always much better looking than most other products I've used. Reminds of the way Penhaligon creams look and perform, which is excellent.

My favorite enabler (R. Otten) was kind enough to send me a generous sample recently. I'd had a jar of that for a few years before finally running out, and this stuff was a pleasant change of pace. If you like lime, this is the cream to buy. That fragrance is one I don't look for anymore, but once in a while.....whew. Very fun using this on the rare occasion.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom