Shave of the day W/C 12/11/2011

PavlovsDog said:
Why oh why did I wait so long to break out the Feathers? They are absolutely superb. Took away 2 and a half day's of growth with minimal fuss. What a match made in heaven (38B+Feather)

2 passes and touch ups, incredibly smooth, no irritation, no nicks - I am so happy with today's shave.

Hi there,

Yeah, in certain razors a Feather blade can be magical. Good deal, I'm glad those agreed with you. That good of a shave with that blade also says something about your technique.

Martin

monday

white proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
MdC
Slim Adj (3) + Personna Super (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 1 pass too many today, should have stuck to 2 passes. a bit of neck irritation as a result. very smooth though.

Monday

Kukri 4/8 - GFT Sandalwood - Simpson 57 - Alum - Aquatonic AS
2ch486b.jpg

Smooth, clean and close.

Tuesday Morning
Pre : Hot Shower followed by EJ pre shaving cream
Razor : Merkur 11C
Blade : SuperMax Stianless
Brush : Semogue 1305
Soap / Cream : RazoRock XXX
ASL : Denim Musk
ASB : RazoRock Wax
EDC : Tabac

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (8)
Taylor's lavender cream
Neep custom yew badger
Trumper's coral skin food
Penhaligon's Endymion cologne

Working on getting more westerly on the second neck pass. As close to bbs as I could reasonably hope :).

Monday 14th November

MdC - Saville Row 3120 - Eclipse Red Ring - Gillette Swede (1) - Aqua Velva​

Tuesday 15th November

Nanny's French Lavender - Semogue Caravela - Eclipse Red Ring - Gillette Swede (2) - Alt Innsbruck​

Tuesday:

T+H 1805 cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

Pretty good shave. Small area missed on top lip thanks to a swollen coldsore, no matter.

Looking forward to a day off tomorrow and an all-Penhaligons shave.

I've had some fun in recent days auditioning candidates for the cull. This one is staying:

http://fidosshavingbrushblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/simpsons-polo-14-best-badger.html?showComment=1321351909898#c5468123636704045590

Here it is alongside a Duke 3 for comparison. Castle Forbes Lavender cream, Proraso Balm and the Jagger Chatsworth/red personna also on duty.

11-8.jpg

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

I think that the MWF is beginning a long run.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Gillette Stainless Steel (1965)
Nannys Cedar/Vetyver hard soap
SEbaMed AS Balsam
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (think oakmoss and patchouli)

Man, this blade is a good one. Second shave was even better than the first, which isn't all that uncommon with vintage blades. This 46 year old relic shaves almost like my favored Iridiums, which is saying something.

First time trying Sharon's concoction and the performance seems very good. I'll use it a few more times and then maybe review the stuff. Heh, scentwise, the jury is still out on this one. Very unusual notes in the mix that may or may not end up being a good fit for my schnozzola.

BBS results,

Martin

Botanics face scrub
Razor Feather AC-SS
Blade Feather Light
Brush Le Tuft Chubby 1.5
Cedarwood & Clarysage cream
Alum + Witch hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau de cologne

Jamie.

Super smooth shave from the Feather AC-SS, I now think I have the measure of this razor, still make sure you are 100% switched on or it will have you! noticed a few jars of this Founders reserve Cedarwood & Clarysage for sale in the TK-Max store it lathers up really well, and as a nice scent. I managed to pick up the three items in this for £12 the Eau de Cologne the Shaving cream plus the aftershave gel balm, very good so far. Nice two pass shave very refreshing, afternoon shave for me, also great when you can borrow that lovely bright natural light from outside, the bathroom was as bright as a summers day.

001.jpg

Quick shave this morning.

Gillette slim ('65) with Gillette SuperThin
NF 2221 Mountain Badger
The Real Shaving Co cream
Alum
The Real shaving Co ASB

Nice and smoooth

Back
Top Bottom