Sat

3P Pre Shave
Macca Root Shave Cream
Neep Silvertip
Tech Ball End
Polsilver
Myrsol
Ogallala Sandalwood

First try of a Polsilver, until now the very best blade for me was a Feather, but I like the Polsilver more. Fantastic blade. Very pleased also with my Neep Silvertip, whips up such a fantastic lather.

That's started my day with a smile. Also SWMBO was going to be on nights but they over scheduled her, so if she did work tonight it would have been an illegal shift, so she's off.

Saturday, 12.Nov.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 1800
Martin de Candre
Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
The Art of Shaving Lavender ASB

P1050404.jpg

Saturday

Semogue Owners Club Boar
Cadman Bengall 5/8 + Feather AS-D1
Iridium (4)
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Floid Blue Aftershave
Bulldog Aftershave Balm

After a great week of shaving with the lavender soap,next up is Marlborough.
I am really enjoying these top quality soaps,I think as the week goes on they are softening up and the loading and lather just keeps getting better and better.

Mark

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Polo 8
Razor: E A Berg, wedge
Superlather: Top Secret + Dr Harris Almond
AS: Prof. Blighty's Grapewood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Two days stubble's history, what a nice blade! PLenty of lather too and I could shave our boy aswell (that was a quick shave and light stubble that almost melted before the blade hit his skin).
008800x630.jpg

Saturday.
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Nanny's "Spicy"
Razor: Gillette A4 Fat Handled Tech
Blade: Personna Red
A/S: Sunbury's Barbershop Bay Rum
A/S/B: 3P

Two pass (wtg & xtg) with touch up

Result: Damn fine apart from where I caught a nick from not looking what I was doing xtg. After a good rethink of technique and a swot session on antdad's thread on soap lathering, I got my Semogue to work for me. Happy days!

SATURDAY MORNING NICE N'RELAXING SHAVE

Hot bath and Bulldog face wash
Aristo Jr
Nacet (3)
NF 2221
Dutch Moss soap
GFT lime skin food
PB coffee AS

Another vintage Gillette that comes up trumps. Had some lovely shaves this week with the US Aristo and now the Jr.

Hard to pick a favourite between these 2 at the moment.

Saturday 12th November

MdC - Saville Row 3120 - 5/8 Seehund / Gillette NEW #88 - Astra SP (3) - Ogallala BR L&P
IMAG0017.jpg

I thought I'd get the straight out and give it another go. My fourth attempt I think. It was going okay until my wife decided she'd come up and hold a conversation with me midway through the first pass. :icon_rolleyes: Threw me a bit so I finished up with the DE.

PAL Injector with modern injector blades
Vitos almond soap

First try with an injector, which arrived today. Box and razor both in very good condition. Instructions included. There was a blade already in he razor; it looked fine but I wasn't going to use it, so loaded the razor as per instructions and Mantic's you tube video. Took quite an effort to force the old blade out (not sure exactly when razor was made but blade could have been in there forty-plus years?).
I realised I could shave very quickly with this light and manoeuvrable razor, I just couldn't get a close shave with these modern blades I ordered from a well known supplier. I'm not sure where else I could pick any up as I think there could be better blades out there, however, it was only my first time so I might be able to do better with them.

NotTheStig said:
PAL Injector with modern injector blades
Vitos almond soap

First try with an injector, which arrived today. I realised I could shave very quickly with this light and manoeuvrable razor, I just couldn't get a close shave with these modern blades I ordered from a well known supplier. I'm not sure where else I could pick any up as I think there could be better blades out there, however, it was only my first time so I might be able to do better with them.

Hi there,

Sent you a message that might be interesting.

12-11-2011

Semogue Owner's Club 2 band
Gillette Slim with Bleue Extra blade(3)
Pré de Provence shaving soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel Aloe
Hugo Naturals All Over Lotion Unscented

o56arm.jpg

A very comfortable and moisturizing shave, thanks to PdP and Hugo Naturals Lotion

Back
Top Bottom