Shave of the day W/C 12/11/2011

Preparation: Real Shaving Co Face Scrub in the shower
Cream: St James Of London Founders Reserve
Brush: Omega 90065 Syntex "Albino Badger effect"
Razor: Merkur 25C open comb
Blade: Feather
Balm: One Planet.

I tried ATG for the first time on the 4th pass. This was okay. Feather blades work well with the 25C, to the point where I will use all my other blades with the EJ Chatsworth Barley due to Feathers not working so well with this razor.

Also, I use more face lathering now, and I don't rinse between passes as this maintains consistency.

Saturday late afternoon:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (6)
Trumper's Sandalwood cream
Neep custom yew badger
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food
Penhaligon's Endymion cologne

A really superb shave. Not quite smooth ATG on the neck, but that may well just be a limitation of my growth pattern with straights. Certainly close enough, utterly comfortable and quick and satisfying.

The brush is bedding in nicely, getting softer by the day on the skin. I shall be buying from Rod again, without question.

Sunday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
D.R. Harris Lavender Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Same as yesterday, but without an ATG pass on my neck, and with the addition of a quick wizz around with an alum block.

Ian

My floppiest brush - but once mastered, produces great results. It's a 16510 - a 23mm knot with an extra high 60mm loft. Jagger Chatsworth/red personna and T&H 1805 complete the team.

11-7.jpg

EJDE89
Red personna
Vulfix mix
RSC cream
Ogallala bay rum and sandalwood splash
GFT eucris cologne

As is always the case after not shaving for a couple of days, splendid results with a feel good factor added on.

PAL injector with modern blades
Gillette Aluminium Tech with Polsilver blade
Vitos almond soap

Started with the injector but these blades just aren't sharp enough. Can't get a close shave. Polsilver did much better on its sixth shave! (up to 3 passes each shave)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Custom by me, barbers handle and New Forest silvertip knot
Razor: Garanti-Silversteel Solingen
Soap: MdC
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: So so :(

Mr Nick Sr came for a visit today, nothing mayor, but def a bleeder and my daughter was demanding a ride to an indoor swimmingpool, through the bathroom door. Bleeding was so bad it dropped on the floor when I was reaching for paper ... I was going to have a nice long shave (face+head) on father day (here in Sweden) - when man makes plans, the devil laughes ;). Clean enough though.
017800x512.jpg

... and some coffee:
021800x730.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Gillette Spoiler (1981)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Roger and Gallet 'Vetyver' EdT used instead of AS
Heh, more of that Vetyver splashed on liberally

Tried this blade in the Aristo and for whatever the reason, it didn't work quite as well as when using the Executive. Maybe it's getting a little dull after the 5th shave or maybe it's just not as good a fit as it could be. Still a nice shave but with a smidge of pulling in a few spots and a little extra pressure needed in a couple areas as well.

This old EdT is more like an aftershave when it comes to lasting power. Yeah, almost all the scent goes away after an hour or so, but what's left is a very nice mellow vetyver that wears close to the skin. Of course there's just about no sillage, which is kind of a shame. No idea when this batch was made, and there's no bar code on the box.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Roger and Gallet Vetyver (Small).jpg
    Roger and Gallet Vetyver (Small).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 9
Botanics face scrub
Feather AS-D1
Feather blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie.

BBS shave, wouldn't expect anything else from this razor and blade, two pass shave, ready for sunday lunch at the local golf club, I think roast pork with a nice piece of crackling will be todays choice on the menu.

J.jpg

Sunday

White proraso Pre/post
Neo Custom 2 band
Muhle R41 (old ) + 7 oclock yellow (3)
White proraso soap
Proraso AS + proraso Pre/post

result 3 passes: smooth, missed a couple of places today. tried the AS with a drop of pre/post - very nice and rereshing - think I still prefer witch hazel and then Proraos ASB though. Yellows dont work for me with this razor.

Back
Top Bottom