Shave of the day W/C 12/11/2011

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Astor
Razor: C V Heljestrand B K 42
Soap: MdC
AS/edt: Pacco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Didn't have time for my b-day shave yesterday, so I took it today. Lovely players: the razor being an excellent shaver and one of my top rare ones and the brush one the best brushes ever made (for a 22 mm knot) :D
011800x602.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
Nannys cedar/vetyver SS
Roger and Gallet 'Vetyver EdT (used as aftershave)

Well, this blade is pretty much as good as my favored Iridium. Second shave with this old relic and man....very smooth and quite sharp. I need to find more of these in the future.

This soap Sharon makes is quite a good performer. Only problem is the scent, but that's just me. Plenty of slip and cushion, and the post shave skin care is very nice.

BBS results,

Martin

No shave today - yesterday's Rocket HD and Lord stainless with TOBS almond and proraso after cream was inexplicably itch some hours after for the rest if the day. So going for designer stubble (euphemism for scruffy git)

Hot shower prep
Proraso pre-shave cream
Merkur 38c
Feather blade
Sienna shave cream (just got this, great stuff)
Vulfix brush

Rushed the shave this morning especially considering I was trying a different razor today. Wont make the same mistake tomorrow.

Friday

Razor: iKon Safety bar
Blade: one of dodgy's vintage schick's
Brush: H L Thater chubby 0
Soap: Tabac

What a great shave. The ikon makes you work for BBS smooth but it's quite a comfortable shave.

And this brush, I'm lost for words how soft it is. By far the best knot in terms of scritchlessness I've ever used. Just a superb brush.

Bbs smooth. Brilliant shave :D

Dipesh said:
Friday

Razor: iKon Safety bar
Blade: one of dodgy's vintage schick's
Brush: H L Thater chubby 0
Soap: Tabac

What a great shave. The ikon makes you work for BBS smooth but it's quite a comfortable shave.
Bbs smooth. Brilliant shave :D

What's the scoop buddy,

Looks like you had no trouble with that blade, which was good to hear. I've never used an Ikon, but I'd imagine it takes some paying attention to during the shqve. I would think any razor that weighs 100g or more is gonna have the potential for one of them there "Oh hell" moments.

Nice going,

Martin

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (11)
Trumper's Rose cream (end of sample)
Neep custom yew badger
Trumper's Coral skin food and GFT cologne

Two and a half passes, clean as a whistle and very comfortable.

The blade feels, eleven shaves in, a little less sharp than I remember it being all that time ago, but it is in no way blunt - still shaving beautifully. Which is nice. I shall continue the duration experiment over the weekend, I think.

Proraso pre-shave
Palmolive cream & TOBS Sandalwood combo
Merkur 39c
Feather blade
Alum
Nivea ASB

Smooth, couple of weepers but nothing too serious. First time with 39c & Feather

Back
Top Bottom