Shave of the day W/C 12/11/2011

Wednesday

Semogue Owners Club Badger
Feather AS-D1
Polsilver (2)
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
La Toja Aftershave
Bulldog Aftershave Balm

I tried to go a month using just Harris soaps but I failed :icon_rolleyes:.The fat kept on calling me and I couldn't resist any longer,but what a great shave I had tonight.:icon_razz:

Mark

Wednesday
Seehund 1015 - NF2213 - Vulfix Rose - Alum - Pashana Original
23qr91.jpg

This one's just gone off the boil as far as the edge is concerned, my honing has improved but this was one of my 1st really good edges. Hopefully I'll be able to do even better now!

What was interesting is that I managed to bring together a tilt of the head, a skin stretch and scale position to get an angle I'd not previously managed under the neck with my left hand. The result of which was a vastly more efficient XTG stroke, 18 months into straight shaving and still learning!

Thursday Morning

Pre : Hot Shower
Razor : Merkur 11C
Blade : Supermax Stianless steel
Brush : Simpsons CH3 Best Badger
Scuttle : Schwarzweisskeramik XL
Soap/Cream : Cella
ASL : Speick
1321508402171.jpg

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

There seems to be an unusual amount of continuity happening in my bathroom this week. This may change tomorrow, as that Shark blade is just about done.

Ian

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Mix
Palmolive cream
One planet balm (head)
Jovan (face)

Excellent shave. However with Christmas and birthday coming up over the next couple of months I may look at expanding my collection. I love the Jagger but it may be time to explore another razor for comparison. I started on a boots razor and men U boar in Feb and quickly went on the to the Jagger and Vulfix so I think I've controlled myself quite well!!!!! Maybe time for a full blown badger brush too!

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG, ProGuard blade (10)
Tabac stick
Neep custom yew badger
Nivea asb
Penhaligon's Endymion cologne

First time with the stick (thanks IanM!), liked it. Another top shave, three passes, uber-clean :).

Gillette Rocket HD with Lord Super Stainless
TOBS almond cream
Proraso soothing cream as post-shave

Surprisingly close shave. By far the best of the ten or so I've had with the Rocket. I think the angle is a little narrower than most Gillettes Im used to; at least for me it seems to be!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Roger and Gallet 'Vetyver' EdT (used as aftershave)

First time trying these old Wilkinson blades and they are really good ones. Reminds me of the Iridium as far as how sharp and smooth these things are. This was a very lucky blind buy.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• wilkinson super sword (Small).jpg
    wilkinson super sword (Small).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom