Hot shower
Proraso green pre/post shave
Nannys Rasage Traditionnel
Simpsons Duke 1 in Pure Badger
Personna "Israeli Red"
Merkur 1904 Vintage
Witch Hazel
Speick aftershave splash and eau de cologne

What a great shave,one of or if not my best,first time I have used the Merkur or the Israeli Reds,wont be the last ,
Derrick

Thursday afternoon

Thursday.
Hot towel prep
Nanny's Ice & Slice
Gillette Slim Adjustable
7 O'Clock Yellow
New Forest Tubby
Proraso Pre/Post & Blighty's Lime Aftershave

2 passes and touch up, lovely shave. Much better than yesterday with almost identical set up but with a Personna Red. That blade and razor don't get on well with my face, but today's a different story. Bliss.

Thursday:

Tech head/Jagger de87 handle
7 o'clock yellow
Neep cigar band silvertip
Nanny's Cedarwood & Vetyver hard soap

A bit of experimentation today: I've not had much Tech experience other than an aluminium ball-end that was just hopelessly light and toy-like. I fancied the idea of pairing up a Tech head to a heavier handle.

I recently acquired a fat handled Tech, so today, I lashed the head to my EJ handle, and went to work on the whiskers. 2 passes yielded very acceptable results. Now, I wonder what it would be like with an Ikon handle...

Thursday (and everyday this week)

MÜHLE R89
Personna IP (5)
Nannys Spicey one Soap
GFT Pure Badger brush
GFT Limes skin food
GFT Moisturiser

I had a very acceptable shave with 1 (one) pass, although I did do a little bit under my chin. Very happy with that.

Gillette Slim ('65) with 7 o'clock yellow
NF 2221 mountain badger
Real Shaving Co, concentrated shave cream
Alum
Real Shaving Co ASB

2 and a bit passes. WTG, XTG and a tidy round the chin.

Thursday :
Spanish Fig & Nutmeg SS/Vulfix VS5 brush/Merkur Progress with Astra/Alum/Weleda Balsam
P1230353.jpg

Tuesday:

Hot Shower
Merkur 38B
Feather (2)
Kent BK4
GFT Coconut Oil Shaving Cream
GFT Lime Skin Food

Birthday, so used the latter two GFT products that were a gift from the wife. Very nice indeed.

Hit by Man Flu on Wednesday so couldn't be bothered to shave.

Thursday:

Hot Shower
Merkur 38B
Feather (3)
Kent BK4
TOBS Eton College Cream
No A/S
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Nice shave, Feather still doing a good job on shave 3. This is my first Feather and I've seen many say it doesn't tend to perform well beyond 3 shaves, but I'll give it a go tomorrow for a 4th.

Thursday

Kropp 6/8 - Vie Long 14832 (Horse & Badger mix) - Tabac - Alum - Aquatonic AS
25ovrd3.jpg

This is the 1st use of the Vie Long so my choice of soap was as much tactical as anything else; the strong smell of the Tabac adequately masked the "wet dog" smell you get with a new brush.

My thoughts are on the whole very positive. The lather and face feel were good and I've yet to have a brush that hasn't improved with use albeit that can be down to learning how best to use it as much as breaking in.

The shave was excellent as well.

Friday

Feather AC SS
Feather Proguard Blade (1)
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Woolfat Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

My car is in for some work today (wipers have gone doo-lally), had a bit more time so went for the Feather. Not used it for a few days and seemed to have lost a bit of my Feather AC mojo, but an acceptable shave anyway.

Ian

Friday Morning

Pre : Shower with Soap From Aleppo 100% Olive
Razor : Muhle R41 New Head
Blade: Super Max Stianless Steel
Brush : Shavemac #177 Silvertip
Scuttle : Scwarzweisskeramik XL
Cream : Godrej(Mint) + Lord = (Super Menthol )
ASL/ASB : Denim Orginal + Nivea Cool

1321610546471.jpg

Back
Top Bottom