Shave of the day, Saturday 27/08/2011

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, Kenya soapstone handle, 26 mm extra stuffed silvertip
Razor: TI, LE no. 6/80
Soap: Nannys Eucaluptus
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

I was going to rest my skin today, but I got my newest brush yesterday :D Thank you Rod! It's such a fine brush and my pic doesn't do it justice! I should have test lathered/washed it before using it the first time, but I couldn't wait until it dried again :D. Hogged a little, like any new brush, but it was a W O W feeling anyway! Dense and super nice bristels, but yet not to dense, it holds water like nothing else. I'm so happy about this one, no wonder he makes pencils for Prince William, this is a TOP NOTCH quality brush straight through! :D I'll post a bloom pic later ...
014800x564.jpg

Bloom pic and beside a Simpson Chubby 2:
008800x598-1.jpg

006800x600.jpg

Hot flannel prep
Feather AS D1 Razor
Feather blade
NF Tubby 1
Nanny's Ice and a slice with goats milk
Alum
La Toja AS splash

Great shave, I keep coming back to the feather combo and always enjoy the shaves.
Nice brush Mikael, I really like the look of those brushes the soap stone is very nice.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Nacet Platinum
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation tallow version)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Last time using this blade I think.....4 days worth of some nice shaves. Not quite as sharp as the Iridium, but still right up there. I can certainy recommend these to anyone looking for a sharp and very forgiving blade. Thanks again to Slimbo for sending me one of these to sample.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday 08-31-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - CaniRichalll TGN Finest two bands 30X53 - Merkur 39C Slant - Astra Superior Platinum (green) #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Dr. Harris Marlborough shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Afeitado31-08-11.jpg

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Proraso white soap, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Rocket, with
Gillette 7OC yellow (5)
King of Shaves balm

A lovely fast fresh cooling shave with just a tiny brief weeper.

Wizamet butterfly
Rapira blade
Boots Freshwood shaving soap
Men U boar brush

Rapira seemed to destroy a lot of stubble quickly. I didn't really bother with a full second pass, just touched up a little. Should have done another full pass before touching up as feels very stubbly now. Might also have benefitted from a higher setting (used 4) so will try same blade and razor tomorrow with setting a little higher and see how I get on.
The soap was very 'cushiony' and is easy to lather even for me.

Brush - NF super badger
Soap - Proraso green tub
Razor - '47 SS
Blade - yellow 7OC

First time for the NF brush - it's smaller and softer than I'm used to, but feels very nice on the skin.

Thursday 1:30am
Gold Dollar 208
Home made Boar and Walnut brush
Palmolive soap, grated into a ramekin
Alum
Home made Herby Rum Aftershave
2vs3rdk.jpg

A thrifty shave this morning! A mix of home made and cheap products. The GD received a slight sweetening of the edge on a home made balsa crox strop before stropping on my home made denim hanging and home made paddle strops. The result was great and quite satisfying! Now all I have to do is build a forge and soap factory and it could be a 100% Jeltz made shave!​

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Erasmic stick, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Rocket, with
Gillette 7OC yellow (6)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food

Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom