Shave of the day, Saturday 27/08/2011

Monday 29th

Falkenberg 117 8/8 and Filarmonica 13 Doble Temple
Tony Miller horsehide artisan 'Notovan' strops (40/60 and 35/50)
Frank Shaving Lindisfarne Finest
Nanny's Lavender and Sweet Orange soap
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche after shave lotion
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche after shave balm

IMG_1594.jpg

Started off with the Falkenber, razor had been here ever since my sister brought it from Chicago. Turns out the razor is not shave ready from mid-way along the edge's length till the heel. Never mind, I take out the Filarmonica and continue, finishing off nicely with the Chanel after shave prep.

Sharon's soap gives abundant lather with ease, and the FS brush is and excellent performer. A very enjoyable shave.

Preparations and arrangements for my potential new assignment are well under way. I will only rest when this matter is finalized. A week's long holiday in the islands in the Aegean Sea is quite possible next week.

Monday 08-29-11.MUSIC: John Mayall_LP_Crusade

main_photo_150.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran two bands 28X56 - Merkur 39C Slant - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN - Gibbs Nº53 shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Florida Water.

Afeitado29-08-11002.jpg

Ever ready 1912 w/ gem stainless

Shavemac D01 brush

QED lime shave soap

Tibet cold cream

Man what a shave! I love the qed soap and with the shavemac i produced rich thick lather. Left my face feeling great. Stroking my face as i type!

Monday Morning Shave

My first real 'in a rush' shave as I wanted to get to the car boot sales (which were pretty much a waste of time apart from the shaving mug, but never mind)

Gillette Old (1906)
Astra Platinum
Simpsons Emperor
Arko stick
Witch hazel
Prof B Coffee AS

As I was in a rush, but wanted a half decent shave, I chanced the exceptionally aggressive Old and it worked very well.

Did a simple WTG and XTG two pass shave and the results were very pleasing indeed. Not BBS, and a couple of nicks on the neck but no irritation and reasonably smooth so all was well.

Tall_Paul said:
As I was in a rush, but wanted a half decent shave, I chanced the exceptionally aggressive Old and it worked very well.

I love mine, it's my favourite so far.

Today's shave:

Omega 49
MWF
Ball end Old
Astra SP
Nivea ASB

Monday, late evening. My favourite time for a shave. Kids in bed, all the jobs done for the day.

Music was kindly provided by Howard Shore - The Fellowship of The Ring soundtrack.
Hot shower prep, used some Clinique exfoliant scrub on the coupon.

EJ89 barley chrome, loaded with Feather (my first time with this most famous blade)
EJ sandalwood shaving cream face lathered with TOBS pure badger brush.

What a blade! Effortlessly wiped away several days worth of stubble. No tug, no weepers, no nicks.

Two passes (wtg, xtg) achieved what I have only managed with three passes before with other blades. Left it after two passes as it's been a few days since I shaved and I feared to try touch-ups with a blade with such a reputation.

Polished off with a quick alum block swipe (no tingles) and some EJ sandalwood aftershave lotion.

Nice.

Monday
Razor: Kukri
Cream: Trumpers Sandalwood
Brush: New Forest 2213
Result: Top notch, very near but not quite BBS any closer brings irritation for me.
kd8pyq.jpg

Another great day, visited local caves with the family and tried, again, to get this razor right. Its been sharp and pretty good but alas the toe end hadn't wanted to hold as good an edge as the heal. After a couple of dozen laps on a dragons tongue and then 30 on a coticule the toe is now matching the heal and the edge is fantastic.​

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Bulldog asb

..and very nice it was, too.

Ian

Blyth Spirit said:
T&H Soap

I have used this soap for four days now and I think it is most excellent; very reminiscent of vintage Yardley soap.

Don't want to panic you, but you might want to take a shufty at the 'Shave My Face' forum.

Rumours about T&H Luxury reformulation, damn that word!

Of course, that could just be one of the vendors trying to boost sales . . . but you know how this internet shaving lark works.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC two band
Razor: Puma in lovely, lovely custom horn scales w MOP inlays, by Neil Miller
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil, aka the six pack, Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
007800x598.jpg

Back
Top Bottom