Botanics face scrub
Feather AS-D1
Feather blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
TOBS Sandalwood Cream
Alum + Witch Hazel
TOBS Gel
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne.

One of my very favourite SOTD, love the scent of Sandalwood, but i'm also aware there's a few who like Marmite, you either love or hate it, anyway two pass shave minor touch up very very smooth shave.

Jamie.

untitled1.png

Saturday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Semogue 830
D R Harris Almond soap
D R Harris Pink
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Now I'm nipping in to town to pick up some more D R Harris Lavender shaving soap (yep, we have a shop selling this stuff - called Le Chien et Moi - can't speak French, I think it means The Wishbone and Grouting Fork). As coincidence would have it, this shop is almost next door to my favourite gentlemen's outfitters where I happen to be nipping to get some more Pantherella socks and Sunspel pants.

Might nip in to see my old mates at One True Saxon too. They re-opened their shop last week so need a bit of support and I need new togs for the terraces if I'm to maintain my standing as a 'face' in non-league football. A big bonus is the fact they carry Corgi socks and a nice selection of Trumper products which all adds up to a nice visit.

Fred Perry shop for a new polo after leaving one of mine in the changing rooms of the swimming pool a couple of weeks ago (don't ask!).

Finally a quick nip in to Paul Smith (next door to Jamie Oliver's and a little up from Carluccio's . . . handy for a post-shop bite) to eye up some bits and bobs for a wedding at Woburn Abbey next month and that's my morning complete.

Jermyn St?

Pah!

Friday Night/Saturday Morning
Kropp 6/8
New Forest 2213 'Chunky'
Vulfix English Rose Cream
Alum
Aquatonic AS (over night)
Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes Cologne (Saturday's fragrance)
Touched up the edge after my previous poor run out with the Kropp and now its 90% as good as it can be. I think a few more very light laps on my coticule, maybe with a bit of lather and it will be just that little bit closer to perfect. As it stands it was an excellent shave, after which I hit the hay rather than posting. The Aquatonic as is a cheap but pleasant one which suits my skin, its fragrance is very muted so a good over nighter for me. Today's scent is C&E West Indian Limes which for me lasts all day, without being over powering.
15clt2c.jpg

joe mcclaine said:
Saturday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Semogue 830
D R Harris Almond soap
D R Harris Pink
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Now I'm nipping in to town to pick up some more D R Harris Lavender shaving soap (yep, we have a shop selling this stuff - called Le Chien et Moi - can't speak French, I think it means The Wishbone and Grouting Fork). As coincidence would have it, this shop is almost next door to my favourite gentlemen's outfitters where I happen to be nipping to get some more Pantherella socks and Sunspel pants.

Might nip in to see my old mates at One True Saxon too. They re-opened their shop last week so need a bit of support and I need new togs for the terraces if I'm to maintain my standing as a 'face' in non-league football. A big bonus is the fact they carry Corgi socks and a nice selection of Trumper products which all adds up to a nice visit.

Fred Perry shop for a new polo after leaving one of mine in the changing rooms of the swimming pool a couple of weeks ago (don't ask!).

Finally a quick nip in to Paul Smith (next door to Jamie Oliver's and a little up from Carluccio's . . . handy for a post-shop bite) to eye up some bits and bobs for a wedding at Woburn Abbey next month and that's my morning complete.

Jermyn St?

Pah!

Sounds llike a very productive day on the cards, you are not looking for a shopping friend by any chance?

Jamie.

joe mcclaine said:
Now I'm nipping in to town to pick up some more D R Harris Lavender shaving soap (yep, we have a shop selling this stuff - called Le Chien et Moi - can't speak French, I think it means The Wishbone and Grouting Fork).

Actually I think it means The wife and I :p

Been a while since I did one of these:

Razor : Tech triangle slot head with Ikon Bulldog handle
Blade : Superthin Thai (1)
Soap : ToB's Lemon and Lime
Brush : Sem 1405
Post Post : Og lemon and peppercorn BR

Three pass, usual tech comfort, with added ommmmpppfff from the heavy handle. BBS. Need to stock up on superthin's that was my last one and I am now down to sharks and seven o'clock yellows.

Smoke and a cup of tea in the garden now then time to finish the decorating. :icon_sad:

Merkur 38c
Feather Blade..which was beginning to feel a bit past it on its third shave...will try one of the Sharks tomorrow.
Palmolive stick soap..not tried that for quite a while
Nivea sensitive Balm

Perfect shave...not a trace of my wire whiskers:icon_biggrin:

Boots No 7 for men face wash,
Taylors of old bond street super badger brush,
TOBS Rose shaving cream,
Muhle R89 with Personna red #2,
Wilkinsons Sword Hydro ASB
Alfred Sung EDT.

Smooth shave today with no irritation.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Custom 23 mm two band - my "Chris Craft"
Razor: Duble Duck by Puma + Gillette Popular no 47 for head
Cream: Cyril R Salter, Indian Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Lathered up tons and tons of lovely Salter lather today, when I was finnished (head and face) there was lather 1 cm from the brink of my large SWK scuttle :D
002800x663.jpg

Prep Hot Sower.
Razor Fasan Slant
Blade Swede (1)
Soap The Soap Opera " Himalaya" with shea butter & soy
Brush My "Neepett"
Floid Blue (Spanish) A/S
DRH Arlington EDT

1st time outings for 3 things for me today, the new 22mm brush from Rod, the Fasan Slant from Mikael and soap the Mavin sent me a while a go (a slippery monkey......:dodgy::icon_razz:)
The brush perfomed very well on its 1st outing producing tons of lather from what I can only describe as a superb soap and felt very luxurious on my face. The soap provided plenty of cushion and slip and is very stable not drying out at all..........smells nice too !!
Now onto my murder weapon of choice the Fasan, first thing I would say if you are a novice to this DE shaving lark..........run away !!
If you think the Pomco/Merkur Slants can be a bit aggressive you should try this baby. Having said that it is a wonderful shaver, but as Mikael said you have to take control of it. The blade exposure is quite large....:angel:, so it demands a bit of respect and time. But it resulted in a close, comfortable shave with only 1 very small weeper (this disappeared with a splash of cold water).
So thank you very much to Mikael for selling me this one, a definite keeper !!
A couple of pics below to show you my 2 Rod Neep brushes (The Elite and the Neepett...coz its smaller.....:icon_razz:) and the blade exposure on the Fasan

[attachment=3344]
[attachment=3345]

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom