Shave of the day, Saturday 27/08/2011

Saturday

GFT Coconut Cream
New Forest 2221 mountain badger
'65 Slim set to 4
Supermax Platinum
Alum
Acqua di Gio ASB

Will splash on a little EdT when I go out later ;)

Saturday 08-27-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran two bands 28X56 - MÜHLE R41 - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Afeitado27-08-11002.jpg

Omega 49
Proraso green tub
Gillette Old type
Astra SP blade

Went easy today, only two passes and no touch ups - still a very clean shave. This could become my favourite razor.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson knot in custom handle
Razor: Shepherd
Cream: Fitjar, Neroli
AS/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D
To the left, a Swedish made vintage brush by the same company that makes chainsaws today: Husqvarna :D The scales of this razor was saved by Neil Miller and he did a flabergasting job with them!
003800x616.jpg

Sunday

Prep: hot shower
Brush: Omega 49
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Ball end Old Type
Blade: Astra SP
Post shave: nothing

The Old type continues to impress. :)

Sunday 08-28-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran two bands 28X56 - Merkur 39C Slant - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Acca Kappa shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL La Toja.

Afeitado28-08-11-1.jpg

Sunday
Rolls Razor
Culmak Soap
Omega Boar Brush
Alum
Jovan Musk AS
DFS
35cmuf8.jpg

Today has been great, 52 mile ride on my bicycle which clipped the corner of 4 counties and I'm just about to put the beef in the oven for a classic British roast. Happy Days!​

Jeltz said:
Sunday
Rolls Razor
Culmak Soap
Omega Boar Brush
Alum
Jovan Musk AS
DFS
35cmuf8.jpg

Today has been great, 52 mile ride on my bicycle which clipped the corner of 4 counties and I'm just about to put the beef in the oven for a classic British roast. Happy Days!​

Whoa! Nic a 52 mile ride, I think you need a massage not a shave :icon_wink:

Jamie

No shave yesterday. Early one this morning before a day at Oulton Park for the Gold Cup (historic motor racing):

Bulldog face wash
Taylor's Sandalwood stick, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Rocket, with
Gillette 7OC yellow (3)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food
Trumper's Sandalwood cologne

Another sandalwoody day, an exceptional shave - still holding up well sixteen hours on :).

Monday, 29.Aug.2011

"The mourning shave" - a shave to mourn those products that are no longer in production.

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 605 vintage
Musgo Real vintage Stick
British Aristocrat #66
Iridium Super
Thayers Witch Hazel Laveder
Musgo Real Colonia ASL

P1050005.jpg

With the exception of Proraso and Thayers, today's shave features a bunch of sadly discontinued products.

Semogue 605 is one of my favourite boar brushes... I always liked the acrylic handles from Semogue, and I like this one a lot, albeit being quite unusual, it has a wonderful almost woodsy colour...
Musgo Real stick is a wonderful vintage soap, produces abundant and dense lather... I wish it was back in production. The British Aristocrat is perhaps my prettiest razor, very mild, and makes a wonderful combination with the excellent Iridium blades...
As for the aftershave, I love this fragrance, and albeit not being a discontinued product (there is an equivalent product in production), I really like the style of this bottle, with this wonderful cork sticker, whose colour perfectly matches the brush handle. :)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest knot in barbers handle
Razor: C V Heljestrand no 4
Soap/AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

This blade is amazing, looks rather plain (but stylish ;)) even though an awesome shaver! :D Tabac's greaty stuff too, if you only could afford one regular supermarket soap, this could easy be one of those (ARKO or Cella being two other).
004800x584.jpg

Back
Top Bottom