Shave of the day, Saturday 27/08/2011

No shave for the next few days, while I install a wooden floor in the hallway for my Mother inlaw, she did want it in the most awkward place in the house with thrree threshold bars a staircase a hallway door, must be a test for her favourite Son inlaw, God bless her!

Jamie

Tuesday 08-30-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - CaniRichalll TGN Finest two bands 30X53 - Wilkinson Sword "Sticky" - Astra Superior Platinum (green) #1 - Pre JASÖN - Valobra shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K. [/size]

Afeitado30-08-11.jpg

Wizamet Adjustable Butterfly DE Razor on 6 and 4
Supermax Stainless (blue)
Palmolive cream
Men U boar brush

Haven't used Supermax for several months, and never with the Wizamet. Shave was acceptable but wasn't that close (remember that about the Supermaxes), no nicks (remember that about them too) but was a bit sore. Maybe they don't suit a high setting or this razor as I don't remember them being quite so rough.

Will stick with the Wizamet all week trying a different blade each day I reckon. Does anyone else, bar Hunnymonster, have a Wizamet? What do they think of them? Post in a new thread if you want to share your thoughts on them.

Same as yesterday:

Brush - Omega 49
Soap - MWF
Razor - Ball end Old
Blade - Astra SP

Last shave for that blade and I have some new stuff on the way, so all change tomorrow.

No shave yesterday due to morning disorganisation. Today:

Bulldog face wash
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Gillette Rocket, with
Gillette 7OC yellow (4)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food
Trumper's Eucris cologne

My face has never felt better.

Something that would have been unthinkable before DE shaving. A 2 shave day!

Morning

Gillette Old (1906)
Astra Platinum (3)
Simpsons Emperor
La Toja stick
Witch hazel
Doruk lemon cologne

This is going to be my 'in a rush' razor from now on. Can only do two passes, but it gets me closer than three passes with some of my other razors as it's so aggressive.

Evening

Gillette New OC
Astra Platinum (4)
Simpsons Emperor
MWF
Witch hazel

An evening three pass shave with my 'go to' razor.

Not as close on the neck as normal but that's either because the blade was going blunt or because it was my second shave.

However, no cuts and no irritation. Have binned the Astra now but I am impressed with them so far.

joe mcclaine said:
Blyth Spirit said:
T&H Soap

I have used this soap for four days now and I think it is most excellent; very reminiscent of vintage Yardley soap.

Don't want to panic you, but you might want to take a shufty at the 'Shave My Face' forum.

Rumours about T&H Luxury reformulation, damn that word!

Of course, that could just be one of the vendors trying to boost sales . . . but you know how this internet shaving lark works.

Vinny, I don't know what it was like before Saturday not there's nowt to panic about really. What I am using is marvellous though.

:huh:

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
NF Tubby 1
Vulfix Persian musk
Alum + Distilled Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT.

Well I managed to hold out for three days without shaving, can't wait any longer my whiskers are driving me mad, so a lovely shave two pass super smooth result.

Jamie.

002-1.jpg

Loccitane Cade Face Scrub
FT Rocket
Permasharp Blade
T and H West Indian Limes Cream
Rod Neep Brush
Floid Blue A/S

Havn't posted on SOTD for a while.
The FT Rocket was the first vintage i bought when i started this caper back in November last year and have only used it a couple of times,forgot what a great shave this razor gives you.

Back
Top Bottom