Shave of the day, Saturday 27/08/2011

Slim Adjustable on 4
Gillette Stainless Platinum
Boots Freshwood Soap
Men U brush
Witch Hazel

Nice shave. Little cut in my bottom lip/chin cleavage but otherwise a pretty smooth shave. These blades aren't as sharp as the Bleues or "Swedes" sadly but they're still pretty smooth nonetheless

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
NF 2213 finest silvertip
Alum + Propolis
Duru Lemon Cologne

Jamie

A summertime shave for the begining of autum, lovely cool refreshing scents as the colder weeks start to approach, I think we all start to move slowly towards warmer and more spicy scents, maybe we do this in a subconscious way, now the shave two pass with minor touch up super smooth lovely.

JM-br-3.jpg

Mikael said:
mstrunck said:
Now that's a nice looking coffee Mikael! I'm feeling the need for another cup, but the office coffee here is just plain sour :icon_sad:

Thank you, it was a tasty cup :D I stoped drinking office coffee years ago, it just bacame a bad habbit that didn't give me anything else but caffeine.

I probably should do the same, but at present the reality is, that it is caffeine and snus that keeps me standing. Trying to quit the snus, so best to wait with the coffee for now.

Blyth Spirit said:
I'm toying with the idea of a Duke 2. Best or Pure? Anything I should know?
:huh:

I've owned both of those specific brushes. I prefered the slightly softer, slightly denser Best - a fantastic all-round brush for the price.

[attachment=3369]
Hot flannel prep
Feather AS D1 Razor
Feather blade
Le Tuft custom brush
Fitjar soap east indies
Thayers original
Scorpio AS

Attachments

• DSCF0662.JPG
    DSCF0662.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 8
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, Kenya soapstone handle and 26 mm extra silvertip
Razor: W&B
Soap: Provence Santé
AS/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D

This brush is great, feels both like a face lather brush and a "paint" lather brush at the same time :D. Great shave!! :D
003800x645.jpg

Mikael, that's a beautiful photo of uniformly but differently beautiful objects. And yes, that brush is glorious to look upon.

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
GFT Sandalwood cream, face and bowl lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger
Gillette Rocket, with
Gillette 7OC yellow (7)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Tried Antdad's patent lathering method, enjoyed the change.

Tried the High Mountain Badger brush, incredibly soft but still lathers beautifully.

Tried the Blenheim Bouquet that arrived this morning from Matt, too early to tell yet but it's certainly wearable for me. Very floral, as the name suggests I suppose.

Off for a few days now to the land of the Scots... packing a 7OC Green to keep the novelty factor up :).

Dr Rick said:
Mikael, that's a beautiful photo of uniformly but differently beautiful objects. And yes, that brush is glorious to look upon.

Cheers Rick! Not my doing though, Rod made the brush look that way :icon_biggrin:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Sword (UK vintage)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Creed 'Royal Oud' EdT

Second very nice shave with this old blade from the 1970s-80s I'd guess.

BBS results,

Martin

EJDE89
Feather
Vulfix Mix
St James Cedarwood and Clarysage
L'Oreal Balm

Not shaved for a few days as I have been of work decorating! So a feather was required, great shave really made me feel better.....isnt there a famous quote about feeling sorry for people who dont drink as thats the best they will feel all day....should change it about people who dont shave. I dont mind the stubble look and its nice to have a day off every now and then, but its great to shave afterwards.

Friday 09-02-11. MUSIC: King Crimson_LP_ In the court of the Crimson King

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - CaniRichalll TGN Finest two bands 30X53 - Gillette Aristocrat Junior - Shark Stainless #2 - Pre JASÖN - Myrurgia shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Aqua Velva.

Afeitado02-09-11-1.jpg

Friday 2nd September

A new tool. (well, two actually)
A superb razor kindly sent to me by Mikael, a Geneva Cutlery Co straight which he describes as a "shaver". Oh yes thankyouverymuch! It is, and it does. I still limited it to one cheek, as I am learning, but pulling the skin as recommended. It worked nicely.

sotd20110902.jpg

Rest of the shave was with a brand new Feather AS DE (with Feather blade) which also arrived today. (A tad more aggressive than my trusty Fatboy on 4 w/feather)

Scottish Fine Soaps shaving soap
Neep Tortoise Dreadnought 26mm extra silvertip
Geneva Cutlery Co. Straight (for part of the shave)
Feather AS-DE with Feather blade
Alum block
Scottish Fine Soaps Aftershave Balm (A balm that has a bit of sting to it)
Van Cleef and Arpels "Midnight in Paris" After Shave

Life is good.

Rod

NF two band super badger
MWF
190? single ring
Astra SP
Barbershop Bay Rum

And... my first SOTD photo:

sotd01.jpg

I know the lighting's not the best, I'll improve. :s

Fri eve